News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: FW IG (BG, D-99, DKoK, EDT, R&H) & FW IG Gear  (Read 109575 times)

Offline chaos0xomega

• Hilary Clinton FTW!
  • Fabricator-General of being banned.
Re: THUDD GUN BABY!
« Reply #280 on: December 20, 2006, 07:44:54 PM »
I'll probably end up using them. A battery can put out 12 blast templates a turn for 180 pts, not to shabby, although I wish it was more than S5 AP5...
BANNED!
This user has been banned for regular breaches of Forum rules.

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #281 on: December 20, 2006, 07:51:40 PM »
They are capable of putting out a lot of firepower for the points. I would use them in a regular force.
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline Armored Kangaroo

• Lord Commander of Rythe
Re: Death Korps of Krieg AND Gorgon
« Reply #283 on: December 20, 2006, 08:46:16 PM »
WOW :o if ever there was a time to spend buy a new DK its now. Those are amazing.

DAMN YOU FORRGE WORRLD!!!! (and keep making these excellent models)
It is the right of the victors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquised.

Offline Talon Undecided

• Full Bird Colonel; Old School Necron Hunter Adept; Best Painted Rough Riders
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • kweh!
  • Armies: Astra Militarum, Evil Blood Ravens, AdMech
« Reply #284 on: December 20, 2006, 09:42:04 PM »
The Quad Launcher looks awesome. Now we've all got to save up and start planning our Death Korps armies.  ;)

Well at least they've added a Death Korps conversion for our already existing tanks.
Imperial Guard Poster of the year '09!
Good golly that was ages ago.

Astra what now?

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
« Reply #285 on: December 20, 2006, 09:42:41 PM »
I hope they release those hull hb's to ease our lives. Please FW!!
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline Ghaz

• I argue because I care
« Reply #286 on: December 21, 2006, 01:27:51 AM »
It's been recommended that a 1:35 scale Nebelwerfer would make a cheap alternative to the Forgeworld model.
"A commander must have the courage to see his plan through,
for good or ill. Wars are won or lost when the battle-lines are
drawn
."
-The Tactica Imperium-

Offline green hell

« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2006, 02:23:39 AM »
I tried to download the rules for it, but it wouldn't work for me. :'( I still have the old White Dwarf with the rules for the Thudd Gun, The Spirit Warriors (wraithlord), and the Imperial Army Landspeeder with the plasma cannon on it. Hopefully, GW will redo some cool rules for the Mole Mortar (my personal fave after the thudd gun), and the Termite assault carrier. I love all that old Rouge Trader stuff, it has such a cool feel to it, the Rapier would be a great addition as well.... I have one question about the Thudd Gun though, where is the Squat crewmen? ;D
Out of step, with the world

Offline Warhead

« Reply #288 on: December 21, 2006, 02:29:03 AM »
It's been recommended that a 1:35 scale Nebelwerfer would make a cheap alternative to the Forgeworld model.

Oooh...and it's Italeri too...reasonable quality at very affordable prices!

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #289 on: December 21, 2006, 05:01:36 AM »
As the individual replies' subjects show, the thudd gun thread has been merged into this one. Nothing to see here; move along please.

It doesn't look much worse either.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
Re: Death Korps of Krieg & Gorgon & Thudd Gun
« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2006, 07:21:52 AM »
Thudd Guns are back! WOO HOO!! Well my Squat Army will be happy, and I can finally use the Thudds I have for real thudd guns now! That is most excellent! I'm also happy they did the Engine Filters for the Russ as a separate kit....Those kits would work great in a Tallarn army or Desert theme armored company. I only wish they would have done the same with the Tallarn Sentinel. The new Renegade Tank commanders look good too. Now.....where are those Laser Destroyers... ;)
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
« Reply #291 on: December 21, 2006, 03:51:17 PM »

i got 6 of those in my pile of german models i need to build.

watta hear something funny? 2 days ago i was thinking about making rules for a nebelwerfer style weapon with my good friend. but never mind that! lol
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
« Reply #292 on: December 21, 2006, 04:38:45 PM »
Where are the rules for the thudd gun? And are they the same as the original rules?

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #293 on: December 21, 2006, 04:47:07 PM »
Where are the rules for the thudd gun? And are they the same as the original rules?

www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/quad.pdf
it was in the newsletter email, but not on the site.

I think I like the rules, except for the "immobile" one (can't be moved unless towed by a centaur), especially if they add it to the heavy morter as well :(

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
« Reply #294 on: December 22, 2006, 08:41:53 AM »
interesting rules, you can give them either lasguns or laspistols....up the numer of crewmen...and it's imobile....too bad I don't see anywhere that you can take it as an HQ platoon support squad, now that would be handy! This with a Long Range Scanner would make the battery real nasty!
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #295 on: December 22, 2006, 09:00:26 AM »
If they are immobile, how do they deploy from reserve (if the mission forces you to)?  Sounds like FW trying to force us to buy centaurs  >:(

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
« Reply #296 on: December 22, 2006, 10:21:47 AM »
If they are immobile, how do they deploy from reserve (if the mission forces you to)?  Sounds like FW trying to force us to buy centaurs  >:(

OR you can go the cheap way and make your own! maybe out of a chimera maybe
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
« Reply #297 on: December 22, 2006, 10:26:54 AM »
What's funny is that Imperial Guard Tank Sprue comes with a hook to tow vehicles. Why a chimera cannot tow a thudd gun and its crew is beyond me. However, I forsee a Sentinel having problems towing anything. Youch!  :P

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #298 on: December 22, 2006, 12:01:23 PM »

It's like an earthshaker battery, you need a transport to deploy it, which means you have to spend the points for the centaurs. I doubt you can Deepstrike this kind of weapon, and if you can once it drops its basically stuck there. Still this is the kind of weapon you want to keep on your side of the table edge and just fire from there anyways. The range covers an average game table.

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2007, 06:14:39 PM »
And some more new stuff:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/dkkcom.htm
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/dkkexe.htm
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/dkkexterm.htm

Looks good, but the guys at FW clearly haven't read the rules properly - they've given a standard to the platoon HQ!  And at last we have plasma and melta guns - I was getting a little worried they wouldn't put them in at all.
Looking forward to the Death Riders though - the newsletter says they'll be along soon.