News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: FW IG (BG, D-99, DKoK, EDT, R&H) & FW IG Gear  (Read 109061 times)

Offline Cpl. Lee

• I <3 cups of red bush tea...
    • my myspace site
Re: Death Korps of Krieg AND Gorgon
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2006, 07:11:28 AM »
Its a pity theres no sign of anything on the proposed towed artillery though amongst that lot, there were some Daemon Engines which looked rather nice, no more Guard though.

partly the reason ive been buying the militia.

ive got 60 now, 30 for my guard, 30 for either that or new chaos stuff.

the artillery sketches were nice. i seen the self propelled sketches, no towed tho. bet there in development.  ;D
WIP:

blood pact force from cadians/Pig Iron Bitz
N20 half track
AT70 'Reaver' tank

always wanting to speak to other blood pact/sabbat worlds players/converters

Official Founder of the 40kOnline CDS fan club - PM me for more details...

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2006, 07:26:55 AM »
Yeah some of the self propelled in those skecthes is very nice, hopefully we'll see some in the future make it too model form!

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2006, 02:40:03 PM »
Well, it didn't take long. Finally, a look at the Centaur. Also towed artillary and crew.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/centaur.htm
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/heavymort.htm
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/dkkartcrew.htm
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2006, 03:07:41 PM »
Nice... very nice...

Rules don't look bad either, the mortar is the same weapon as the griffon, but can be fielded in batteries of 3 (per heavy support choice), and best of all, they appear to be free (points wise)!!!  (or maybe i'm going blind - you decide ;))

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2006, 03:10:38 PM »
Snazzy :D

And does to my eyes bear a resemblance to one of the concept sketches,

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/green_grot/Gamesday%20Uk%202006/IMG_0730.jpg

If anyone was in any doubt about wanting Krieg surely they cant be now lol

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2006, 04:26:59 PM »

Well, appart from the price tag - £155 for a set of three guns, tractors and crew!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2006, 04:36:04 PM »
The heavy mortars are really cool looking, maybe I should get some for my ratmen.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2006, 05:01:15 PM »

Well, appart from the price tag - £155 for a set of three guns, tractors and crew!

True, but thats all the more reason to take your time building up a superb looking force, painting each and every model to the best of your ability ;)

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2006, 05:16:29 PM »
True, but thats all the more reason to take your time building up a superb looking force, painting each and every model to the best of your ability ;)

Quite right.  I have 9 & 3/4 lined up waiting to be undercoated (I still haven't received the replacement lasgun from FW yet >:() and an array of different paints for me to pick a colour scheme from (so far the hardest part!)

Also, anyone want to guess a points value for the mortar?  I'm guessing between 50 and 70 (as the griffon is 75, and slightly better?), hoping for 50, expecting 70 :(

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2006, 05:40:10 PM »
I'd go with 50 on the basis that an Earthshaker platform is half as much again and that the Griffon is that many points different from a Basilisk.

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2006, 06:09:03 PM »
I imagine the Cadians are in line for an artillary crew set as well. There was a pic floating around of a Cadian holding a shell, the very same one of the Krieg crew is holding.
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline myles

• Lazerous Penguin
  • This is my game face
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2006, 07:05:41 PM »
Does the rule for hitching up mortars to the centaur make sense to anyone else? because it doesn't make sense to me. (the mortars are inside the vehicle? or something?)

And, did anyone else notice this? In the weapon profile for the mortar it said it was ordnance 1/large blast! This is the first time FW has ever gotten an ordnance weapon profile right! :o (it was always ord 1/blast) I think they deserve a big round of applause! Awww forgeworld, youse all growed up now!
The first problem is the creation of meaningless e-personas. Such personas are undesirable because they lead users to prejudge a post and its content based on their impressions of the author. One is predisposed to criticize a perfectly legitimate comment or praise a stupid one simply because of preconceived notions about who wrote it. Anonymous posting avoids this situation by removing identity from the post, making any praise or criticism directed solely at the content.

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »
The rules work in exactly the same way as normal transport rules.  There's no hitching par say anymore (thank goodness, it was so complex in 2nd edition).

Basically, the gun is towed behind the vehicle, and the crew are inside.  Rules wise the gun can't be hit, but the crew can be killed if the transport vehicle is destroyed (though the gun can't, as it has an armour value and isn't effected by exploding vehicles).

Sounds more complex then it is.  Basically just pretend it isn't there when the crew embark their transport, or put the gun behind the vehicle as if being towed if you like the look of it.  It doesn't really matter either way.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline myles

• Lazerous Penguin
  • This is my game face
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2006, 11:35:24 PM »
Okay, cool. So I guess my only other question then would be, how would the mortars being towed work in a squad of 2 or more? Since a squad can't be partially embarked, and they're all in different transports... and what would happen if one was destroyed? would the centaurs have to stay in coherency? hmmm... bizarre situation, multiple transports for one squad. FW will have to address this at some point I suppose.
The first problem is the creation of meaningless e-personas. Such personas are undesirable because they lead users to prejudge a post and its content based on their impressions of the author. One is predisposed to criticize a perfectly legitimate comment or praise a stupid one simply because of preconceived notions about who wrote it. Anonymous posting avoids this situation by removing identity from the post, making any praise or criticism directed solely at the content.

Offline Armored Kangaroo

• Lord Commander of Rythe
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2006, 11:41:33 PM »
These certainly look neat. hopefully they will be avaliable to all regiments,(I'd certianly add some in my regiment.) and forgeworld will actually list a point value to them, though Gravis's probably hit it spot on.

Three and a half weeks and I'm still waiting for the rest of my order to come in. Express delivery my ass. My friends stuff came in a week, but I'm still waiting, I phoned two weeks ago and I was told it all had already been mailed.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 11:42:50 PM by Kreslack Kross »
It is the right of the victors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquised.

Offline Fury

• Glory to the Dark Gods
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2006, 01:19:26 AM »
Ok, I'm late to the table, but I've got a couple of things.

The models are gorgeous. Moving on.

Any resin army, I think is a showcase army. My plan, if I ever do decide to "invest" in these models, is to do so one squad or model at a time. I'm not in a big rush to buy all the models for a 1500 point army in the period of a few months.

As a dedicated painter, and less of a gamer, I would like to use my Vallejo military colors on these guys. I painted a lot of Flames of War stuff for a commision, and have done a fair share of real military figures and models,  and still have some of those German greys and greens. I would probably use pastels for dirt and weathering on the boots and uniforms.

Also, I'm worried about those bayonets. Resin is snappy.

Still, seeing these guys painted...plus the sculpting is so dynamic, it ranks right up there with "serious" historical stuff.

Heavy stubber weapons teams....yes!

I would guess demand for these models is high. And I think keeping them a resin army is a good idea for two reasons...more exclusive, and better detail than plastic, although marginally.
Ruinous Powers - My Chaos Space Marines Blog
http://ruinouspowers.blogspot.com

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2006, 11:54:02 AM »
Hi, might be a bit slow off the mark on this one but I've just spotted the points value for the Heavy Mortar (its tucked away neatly at the top where you wouldn't spot it!)

Its 50 points per mortar, plus a further 45 points to hitch it up to a Centaur. So 95 points for a Centaur plus mortar (quite a lot of points?).

However 3 without Centaur is only 150 points, which isn't too bad.

As for the models I think they are very cool, but would be interested to see some other variants of the Centaur to see if it's as flexible as they reckon in the newsletter. Hower the crew and passengers are awesome!
Dig in, and wait for winter.

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2006, 12:40:17 PM »
The Heavy Mortars wouldn't count as a single unit, and are merely chosen as a single army choice.  They all act independantly.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Ghaz

• I argue because I care
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2006, 12:54:10 PM »
The Heavy Mortars wouldn't count as a single unit, and are merely chosen as a single army choice.  They all act independantly.

~Andromidius

Nope.  They are a battery and therefore are a single unit just like Eldar Support Weapons are.
"A commander must have the courage to see his plan through,
for good or ill. Wars are won or lost when the battle-lines are
drawn
."
-The Tactica Imperium-

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2006, 01:44:37 PM »
Hi, might be a bit slow off the mark on this one but I've just spotted the points value for the Heavy Mortar (its tucked away neatly at the top where you wouldn't spot it!)
They must be reading their e-mail after all!  That line isn't in the copy I downloaded last night :)

I reckon 150 points is worth it for a 3 pie-plate barage - just think, if you roll well you could wipe out the bulk of a hoard army on their first turn!

Personally, I don't think I would bother with the centaurs - as far as I am aware, the crew can pull the mortars by themselves (in the rule book).  I presume they would count as a seperate unit(s) from their mortars so you could park them up in front to block LoS, which might be worth it on a sparse playing board.