News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: FW IG (BG, D-99, DKoK, EDT, R&H) & FW IG Gear  (Read 109856 times)

Offline cdham

• confused
Re: Death Korps of Krieg AND Gorgon
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2006, 05:50:59 PM »
I just got home from holiday and had a nice little parcel waiting for me.

yes, it was a squad of death corps shouting "PAINT ME!!!" with a deafening roar.
I just hope that I do them justice, they look fantastic :D

If I don't murder them with really bad painting I will try to get some pics up
please dont give me an idea for a new army because I will probably start collecting it
my 40k stuff including Tau, Dark Eldar, Harlequins, and Black Templar... oh and it looks like Eldar as well now and a lucky escape from White Scars ;)

Offline Armored Kangaroo

• Lord Commander of Rythe
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2006, 11:30:07 PM »
Finally made my order.

72 guys. six infantry squads and two heavy weapons teams. (las and bolter)

I'm impatient and can't wait for forge world to release the storm troops and command squad so I'll make my own.  I bet will be released after the holiday season anyways. or tomarrow because i just ordered them.
It is the right of the victors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquised.

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2006, 01:10:57 AM »
Finally made my order.

72 guys. six infantry squads and two heavy weapons teams. (las and bolter)

Might have wanted to hold off on that. They are releasing more Infantry squads. Though if you're overflowing with money that shouldn't be a problem.
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2006, 06:37:32 AM »
Aye, they're saying at least two more Infanty Squad sets as part of the other stuff we know, also according to the latest newsletter a transport option, cant think of its name off hand now and my email servers down :P

EDIT: Its gonna be called the Centaur, also talk of towed artillery and of course the Storm Troopers and Death Riders we already know about. ;D

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2006, 12:59:36 PM »
Last week I ordered a squad along with the bits I need to start my armoured company (and to bring the total up to £100 for the free delivery).  Assuming I like the DKK models "in person" I will be ordering a bunch in December (to get the free delivery still) regardless of what has or has not been released.  12% off beats a small bit of variety, though I hope they bring something good out by then (command squad or vehicle upgrade parts would be my favourite).

Offline Armored Kangaroo

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2006, 01:20:05 PM »
Well since imperial armor 5 will be released around this time next year forgeworld probably won't release much more until at least January. they have to save something or most of it for the months leading up to the release.
It is the right of the victors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquised.

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2006, 05:36:16 AM »
My infantry squads arrived this morning and they realy are lovely models, very few bubbles, moldlines and little warping on the sprues though I did have a gun sprue with some damage but FW being FW I've just got off the phone to em and a replacement sprue is on the way.  :)

They look really nice all in all, if anyone had any doubt dont doubt lol, just get some!  ;)

As for releases yeah no doubt the releases will be staggered over the course of the next 12months, you can bet they'll have something more out for christmas if nothing else though.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2006, 06:36:36 AM »
EDIT: Its gonna be called the Centaur, also talk of towed artillery and of course the Storm Troopers and Death Riders we already know about. ;D

A Centaur.....Now that's a name I haven't heard in a LONG LONG Time.  ;)

I'm not 100% sure but I thought that GW once did stats for a Centaur back around WD 100. I'll have to dig thru my Archives and see if they are there. They might be there but for Epic. Either way it sounds cool, can't wait to see what they put out.

Has it been confirmed that IAV5 won't be out till Fall 07"? That's a long time for anything coming from GW or FW. I thought it was more around Spring 07"
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Armored Kangaroo

« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2006, 10:41:30 AM »
Would any of you guys know how long it will take my order to arrive. I got express delivery but I live in Canada. Gravis How long did yours take, given you live in the UK, not to long. gotta say pretty anxious waiting for my death korps army to arrive

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2006, 01:28:48 PM »
Well I ordered mine from the HQ on Saturday the 14th so its take 10 days to get here, of that postage would be about 2-3 days, if they send yours by airmail I'd assume maybe an extra 3-4 days on my experiences of it, if its done by surface mail could be an added week or two by my best guess.

Offline Gernads

• Lieutenant
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »
I'm short on money unfortunately.  I think I'll wait until IA5 comes out and buy that to see what they are like.  But, good luck Kross with your Korp.  Post pics when your done!
"When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead.  Then He placed His right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid.  I am the First and the Last" - Revelations 1:17[/center]

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2006, 05:09:01 PM »
I just posted a review up here if anyones interested.  To summarise, love 'em, definately getting more.

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #152 on: November 1, 2006, 02:23:32 PM »
Forge World has released a new infantry squad for the Death Korps. These ones are in firing poses and also come with a Grenade launcher.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/kriegsf.htm

All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline Armored Kangaroo

« Reply #153 on: November 1, 2006, 11:07:23 PM »
Wow those certianly look neat. Can't say i didn't see that coming though. The lascannon squad of my order arrived on monday. Since the rest of my order is out of stock and I have to call forgeworld to send ask them to send a replacement sprue for lascannon energy pack for the lascannon advancing team, as they sent me a double of one of the firing teams, I'll probably ask if they haven't sent the rest of my order yet to switch a couple of the squads to those firing ones.

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #154 on: November 2, 2006, 05:52:20 AM »
I wonder what 'pose' the third squad will take on, since we've got advancing and firing now, maybe assaulting? I dont know  ???

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #155 on: November 2, 2006, 06:52:05 AM »
I wonder what 'pose' the third squad will take on, since we've got advancing and firing now, maybe assaulting? I dont know  ???

My guess would be Entrenched. Something along the lines of being in standing firing pose, or shooting from the ground pose, to maybe being at ease or looking out with their weapons on their backs. Since I hear there is a new entrenchment set coming out too.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Gernads

• Lieutenant
« Reply #156 on: November 4, 2006, 03:11:02 PM »
Yes, I saw I picture of the entrenchment terrain somewhere.  It looks sick.  I can't wait to see what else the come up for the Death Korp.  Excellent work so far by the boys at Forge World!
"When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead.  Then He placed His right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid.  I am the First and the Last" - Revelations 1:17[/center]

Offline Drakov

• WOOPSY DAISY!
« Reply #157 on: November 7, 2006, 08:23:31 AM »
These are just simply amazing. I was getting back into guard with Cadians. I've already a large Steel Legion force (which doesn't even compare now to these). Christmas is right around the corner, however.

"A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Talon Undecided

• Full Bird Colonel; Old School Necron Hunter Adept; Best Painted Rough Riders
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • kweh!
  • Armies: Astra Militarum, Evil Blood Ravens, AdMech
« Reply #158 on: November 7, 2006, 10:28:59 AM »
I'll guess Entrenched as well, more of the crouching positions we all love. Thing is, which special weapon?
Imperial Guard Poster of the year '09!
Good golly that was ages ago.

Astra what now?

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #159 on: November 7, 2006, 01:03:48 PM »
My guess would be they will do two more squads, one with melta, one with plasma.  I reckon melta will come next, but only because everyone will want plasma more ;)  What I want to know is will there be any more releases before the free delivery ends?