News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fenris 75PL mechdar list competition - (The Dire Avenger shrine joins Ynnari)  (Read 822 times)

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
2 Battalion detachments: (Ynnari)

HQ 30PL
Asurmen
Yvraine (Word, Gaze)
Farseer, Spear. 117p (Doom, Fortune)
Warlock, Spear. 44p (Conceal/Reveal)
Autarch, fusion pistol, powersword, reaper launcher. 109p

Troops 18PL
6x5 Dire Avengers, Exarches with 2 catapults each. 552p

Transports
27PL
3x Wave Serpents, Star & vectored engines, stones & CTM, twin Aeldari missile launchers & Shuriken cannon. 582p

Totals:
75PL
1711p
9CP
14 Kill points
3 Drops

Tactics:
Each serpent carries two units of Avengers and one character, except for one vehicle which carries two characters, what character goes where can easily be shifted depending on opposition.
The command points will be used to re-roll damage from the AML's if nothing else occurs like loosing the last model of a unit to morale, when it's more useful to use that model for suicide charge causing a soulburst.

Every unit is armed to it's teeth, just because they can.

Edit: removed Eldrad for Farseer + Warlock and adjusted a point cost error.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:41:57 PM by Fenris »
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Tweedz

• Death is only the beginning.
I like it, not only do the DAs actually cost what they should with the PL system... they are getting the ever-loving crap buffed out of them by all your characters.

My suggestion might be to replace Eldrad with a farseer + warlock. Doom is extremely useful to you but fortune and guide are not as useful in this list as long as things are in range of the autarch. A regular farseer gets you the doom and whichever of the other two you like better, and then adding a warlock will give you conceal to make all your infantry even harder to kill than the invulnerable save made them.

I also think brightlances may serve you better than AMLs here. Better AP for tank killing and you are not really lacking in the anti-infantry department unless you face a large horde.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:56:47 PM by Tweedz »

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
Thanks Tweedz, swapping Eldrad for a farseer + warlock is actually a really good idea, it would help Yvraine a bit should anyone of them die.
Also if I remember correctly from the latest FAQ cover stacks with invulnerable saves, conceal would make the avengers really durable.

I think I will keep the AML though, the versatility and range might be more useful than the better AP the lance provides, as many multiwound targets have invulnerable saves anyway.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Tweedz

• Death is only the beginning.
That is reasonable. It makes no sense to me, personally, that AMLs are more expensive than BLs but I guess with PL it does not matter; you get the extra versatility without having to pay more for it!