News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Corsair POC: Scions of the Void  (Read 50506 times)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
Corsair POC: Scions of the Void
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:46:05 AM »
Corsiar POC

Hi guys, it seems all the Corsair and Pirates seem to frequent here.

A few of us have discussed the idea of a Corsair POC, which would most likely be held either on this board or on the Eldar Forum board.
Many of you will be familiar with the idea of the POC, some of you may well already belong to one.
So far there are at leat 10 of us would are trying t start this off but I’m here to drum up more support.
Anyone who’s interested either post your interest here of PM me for more details.

This is all in the very early stages so get involved to be a founding member!

Thanks
Arq.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:04:09 PM by Arquarian »

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Corsair POC
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »
I'm definitely in favor of it. I'd be happy to contribute in anyway possible.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 02:44:53 AM »
We will monitor this thread and poll for interest.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Treadiculous

• It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom.
  • Armies: 14k Ork, 8k Marine, 7k Guard, 1k Corsair... so far
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 03:16:20 AM »
A POC would be great!

For now, is this (the Harlequin and Exodite POC) the best place to discuss Corsair army lists, conversions, tactics, or have they been posted elsewhere?

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 09:03:49 AM »
For now, is this (the Harlequin and Exodite POC) the best place to discuss Corsair army lists, conversions, tactics, or have they been posted elsewhere?

There are currently a number of discussions on Corsair army lists and tactics in the Eldar boards, so that's where to look for those.  Anything related to conversions will be in the Konversion and Modelling board.

This thread is for establishing whether there is enough interest to warrant a Corsair PoC, and how it would work.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
Yeap, I have supported this from the beginning.

My sig says so :P

There are many lurkers without a POC who haev IA11 and have expressed interest in Corsair army lists so they'll be coming soon.

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline greenmtvince

• I build rendundancy into lists with redundancy
    • Void Dreaming - 40K in Space
  • Armies: Sky Raiders Corsairs
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:51:09 PM »
I signed up for 40K Online because of the dedicated Eldar boards and the large number of players already discussing corsairs topics. I feel like Dakka, Warseer, and BoLS are just getting around to discussing this list and addressing some of the tactical issues around it where members of this forum already have plenty of games experience and good handle on strengths and weaknesses.  I think a PoC is called for because 40K Online leads the internet community in Corsair tactica. 

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 10:46:23 AM »
I personally think its a good idea to have a single place where people can pool their enthusiasm for Corsairs.

Currently there are 18 active threads attracting over 400 replies concerning Corsairs or the units therein. However they are scattered throughout the forum. In my mind I believe this is one of the reasons for the increase in backgournd chat using PM I have seen.

This last point is worrying as it undermines the forum and does not benefit the site. With a single place where Corsair issues can be pooled there would be less need for background Personal Messaging. It also does not benefit the Painting and Konvershun boards who are missing out on some pretty great pictures of Corsair, Eldar and Dark Eldar paint jobs and conversions.

Also a lot of the guys who have expressed an interest in the Corsair POC are all avid collectors of other armies. ( I personally am currently a member of the Iyanden POC, we have a history of going rogue  ::) ) and so Im sure will remain lurking on those boards too. (not to mention my Chaos Marine and Space Wolf interest  ;D )

It is true that many people are unlikely to be Corsair only collectors but may very well favour the single army multi list apporach. One guy I know is preparing 1 army with 3 lists which currently benefits the Eldar, Dark Eldar and Harlequin & Exodite boards and which would continue to do so jsut in a more organised way.

Arq. 

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 02:00:02 PM »
It is true that many people are unlikely to be Corsair only collectors but may very well favour the single army multi list apporach. One guy I know is preparing 1 army with 3 lists which currently benefits the Eldar, Dark Eldar and Harlequin & Exodite boards and which would continue to do so jsut in a more organised way.
Arq.

Two/three of us.
Once this goes online Ill released my WIP photos. As you may have noticed my blog has had no updates for nearly a month. Im working on something right? ;)

On a hypothetical note, what would our ranks be and how would it operate?
Voting seems fine as its a pirate ship but obviously there are ranks.

The only recent fluff on Corsair ranks are:

Prince
Bladesworn
Veterans
Felarch
equivalent to an ensign on an imperial ship
Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 05:10:12 PM »
I'll gladly support this.
Been struggling a bit with what I wanted to do with my eldar.
Seeing as I have nothing painted the normal eldar will be going Mymeara CW
And building up a IA 11 army as we speak :)
So if we can get a Corsair dedicated part that'd be great!

Instead of Veterans make that name Voidstorm
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:21:46 PM by Zilverscale »

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »
We could use the old RT ranks too:

Imperator
Shadowlord
Malefactor (warlock type)
Prefactor
Probati

(the rest, without ranks, but grouped into:

Viper, Razorwing, Serpent squads

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »
hmmm nice nastolgic idea.
But I'd stick with the new names as there will be players that do not know the old names.

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline greenmtvince

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
I think the rank structure should be:
Pirate Prince(ss) - for anyone taking on any leadership/administrative type of role
Void Dreamer - for moderator overseer
Warband Captain - for regular posters (Sky Raider Captain, Void Dragons Captain, Eldritch Raiders Captain etc) or a default Corsair Captain
Corsair - newbies.

I think making everyone the same rank is reflective of the loose non-hierarchical coalitions that corsairs truly are and that anyone dedicated to this "absence of a path" is likely a veteran 40k player. 

Offline Radium

• Just another guy.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
Even though I am mostly a lurker here on 40kOnline, the release of IA11 has really made me want to do a Corsair army (and I already have a Void Dragon Nightfire Raiding Squadron, so it's easy to go from there) to join the ranks of my other Eldar armies. So I'm definitely interested in this, and I'll try to post more on these boards!
Knowledge is power; guard it well.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »
That's the spirit Radium! Exactly the kinda guy we need.

Welcome to the Void!

I like the idea of Warband titles, I had thought of something like this myself. Hence my other thread about Corsair fluff.  (thanks for the link Greenmtvince  :) )

I agree the Admin guy should stand apart and bear the rank of Void dreamer or something similar. The Mod looking after the board in which the POC will sit doesn't necessarily have to be a part of the POC.

I personally don't have a problem including the older ranks, (although they seem to be  ancient Roman civil office titles) but it cold be a good way to possibly distinguish between the warbands. 

I do think there should be some sort of progression through the ranks though although it doesn't have to be as linear as the other POCs. How about the idea of having many different titles in a certain rank. this along side the warband differential could make for some interesting and quite individual titles.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #15 on: March 2, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »
Apologies that Ive been away for such a long time. I had some things to care of ;)

In other news, I am writing a large article on IA11's Corsair Army List. Those who know my line of argument will know what my take is on the balance of the list and the units within but no spoilers till its done.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #16 on: March 5, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »
Hey Hey!

I've been away too, To Switzerland! Sadly Snowboarding not gaming...

Like Khorne25 I'm working on a Corsair doc but more of a lose idea structure as to how any Potential POC will work.

watch this space!....

Offline Katamari Damacy

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar Empire, Dwarfs
« Reply #17 on: March 5, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »
Hey, i got the PM but was too lazy to reply. I might consider leaving Alaitoc as I felt the urge to see the stars for the last couple of cycles  8). Unfortunately, i don't have my copy of IA11, but i hope i can get it at some point this year. I have lots of various Eldar Stuff and melting it all together in something like the Corsairs looks promising.
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #18 on: March 5, 2012, 05:56:53 PM »
Good to have you on board Kat-D...

On a bit of a tangent, Tournament season is soon approaching some of which are allowing Forgeworld lists. Anyone here thinking of entering any Corsair forces?

Note to Mods, I appreciate this is a departure in the strict sense of the appeal of a Corsair POC but this is exactly the type of conversation that would be had in any Corsair POC hence I have not started a separate thread. In effect I am carrying on as if this were the POC. If I have err'd I shall amend this post and start a new thread.

Arq.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2012, 06:06:53 PM by Arquarian »

Offline greenmtvince

« Reply #19 on: March 5, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
On a bit of a tangent, Tournament season is soon approaching some of which are allowing Forgeworld lists. Anyone here thinking of entering any Corsair forces?

On the 10th I'll be fielding 1850 of Sky Raiders in a tournament at my FLGS.