News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: To all those who take this place seriously  (Read 14407 times)

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
Re: To all those who take this place seriously
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 09:29:35 AM »
   Ah, thanks for the illumination! I'll now get to sleep a bit less stupid than I was. Always a good thing...  :)

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline ETHERLORD

• proud member of Walberton Wargamers
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 12:23:53 PM »
god modding is it like when GS trapped me in teh void to rot while you all went on a road trip.
"you want me to re-roll my what test?!?!" the banshee screamed at her boyfriend.
Strategy Game it think you'll like. and yes it is my personal link.
a town named 40k online needs you in its populace. check out its thread in the "role-play" board.

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #22 on: February 1, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »
No, because no-one objected. Especially me, the guy who matters. And we never shall care about you.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline ETHERLORD

• proud member of Walberton Wargamers
« Reply #23 on: February 2, 2008, 12:40:10 PM »
you know, i have to say i used to like you, why do you seem to dislike me so much?
"you want me to re-roll my what test?!?!" the banshee screamed at her boyfriend.
Strategy Game it think you'll like. and yes it is my personal link.
a town named 40k online needs you in its populace. check out its thread in the "role-play" board.

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #24 on: February 2, 2008, 03:57:55 PM »
Because you're stepping all over the grand tradition of the Taverns, which is Seer Fox's baby. People get tetchy when you step on their babies. I know this from experience.
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline Seer Fox

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #25 on: February 3, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »
Well technically, I inherited it. The Red Dragon was originally made by Bladesinger, now long, LONG banned from the forum, for reasons I forget. Still, because of that I managed to make it into a staple thing on the boards...so thank yee much, Bladey.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »
   Hi all, fellow Taverners and pals, and yes this a 'serious' post, although not targeting anyone in particular, just something that I witnessed recently and that I thought to comment on.

I've been here a while as some can attest, and no, I do not take this place seriously (seriously) and I both have and have been bullied (in a friendlay way I believe - most of the time) and got my feathers ruffled a bit from time to time, and as well may have offended some posters in there with irony and sarcasm and with sometimes my outright exagerated 'competitive' attitude in the Taverns, but never in the intent of wounding someone. If that have been the case and that you happen to read this, then pray forgive as it has never been done with malicious intent.

Now this place is a 'fun' place, where we can go around with insane rambling and outright write ridiculous and blasphemous things we wouldn't (usually) do elsewhere, else we get thrown into the Hellpit of Bandom where spammers, trolls and flamers burn and suffers unspeakable torments for their terrible and unforgivable misdemeanour. Right.
   Ironically, the Taverns, and especially the Tavern Games get to live with all of that: People who outright become petty spammers, trollish bastards and hypocritical flamers and some more - meaning no offense, that's the place for it all, heck, even I sometimes fall on the bad side of things and all those who know Me can attest that I am the Epitome of Correctness and the Humblest of All... Ahem. Well, I was all that. Before. Which tells much what the Taverns can do to the unwary.

Now, from time to time I read Taverners that get their posts answered like this - and it happened to me as well as some others: "... I won't bother to read your post..." and then go on answering something out of synch, out of subject and/or outright ignoring the precedent post and write some random rambling.
   That is, I believe, one of the most rude and insulting thing that I ever read (besides attacking a person directly) on a forum, where everything is actually about to read the precedent post(s) before adding something or then there is no point to even have a forum at all.

Make no mistake, these kind of posts can and will happens on any forums, but would usually be deleted as spam, or the oblivious poster put back in his place and quite rightly most of the time.
   In the Tavern Games however it is more likely to be ignored and viewed as game spam, which happens all the time and that's no sweat, we are all there to have fun and I find that some OOC banter and rivalry is an okay thing, particularly when it involve posters that have a long and common posting history, I do it myself from time to time (okay, often) but ignoring another's post isn't, in my IMHO, a correct thing to do, even in the Taverns.
   Bypassing a post, okay - given there is a comment on said post meaning it has been read, which is an answer in itself and that I find acceptable - if not done all the time as then it becomes rude.
   Outright ignoring a post as if it wasn't even there, especially where the games here involve taking said post into account for the sake of game continuity is completely rude.
   Actually taking the time to write to someone that you won't even bother to read their post and then go on to effectively ignore said post as if it wasn't there is gross and quite insulting.

Yes I got hit by this a couple of time, no I won't get scarred for life by this, neither will bear a grudge, or have in the past. But there it is, although this place musn't be taken seriously and that is is basically the jungle and anarchy out there, basic forum behavior should be observed here as well, least fun disappears in a burst of Hellish Flames.

Lastly, I would like to say that I apreciates everyone (well, most) that come in there and try to have some light hearted fun. I enjoyed the place for years and I have no doubts that I will for the years to come (yes Jimmy, too bad isn't?), so cheers all and lets get some fun. ;)

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Seer Fox

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 10:09:35 AM »
Blah.

I'm sorry, I didn't bother reading your post.

Does anyone here want the tavern wars starting up again? I doubt I can start them up again, too much work this year, but I might to something around or about them if enough people here still know what side their bread is buttered on.

Oh yeah, and, uh, respect people's opinions. That is all.

Ciat,
Seer Fox

How bothersome.

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »
The Conclave shall live on!

Did we ever find that bloody jukebox?

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline Seer Fox

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »
No we didn't, Yoda. No we didn't.

And I had a whole narrative set up too...

Personally, I blame Mak.

Ciat,
Seer Fox

How bothersome.

Offline OneEye

• I LOVE 40K ONLINE FLUFF AND WONDER WOMEN
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »
Yh it see what you mean mate. Its just a hobby website and a game for that matter, those people need to grow up.

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
What are you replying to BrotherDutch?
The last reply here was in 2008...

If anything, I win in the Tavern Games for corrupting it enough to spill out of the Tavern Games, so there, the love glove has ripped and the salty snacks have wiggled their way into the light of day.

What were we talking about again? :D
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline OneEye

• I LOVE 40K ONLINE FLUFF AND WONDER WOMEN
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 05:21:11 PM »
I was just stating a point no harm there.

Offline Nomsheep, the Modhunter.

• Sanity is for the weak,
  • Armies: Dark eldar and sons of malice.
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2010, 09:15:07 PM »
i'm afraid you made a serious point in the tavern and the harm lies in your punishment. seven minutes in the closet with our resident god.
Someday someone will say something about me witty or memorable enough to put here til then enjoy this;
Rule 66: the cake is a lie

Working tirelessly to revive BattleFleet Fury

WE need YOU

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2010, 09:25:15 PM »
This thread has served its purpose and now deserves retirement and cake. Now, get off its damn lawn.

*click*
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.