News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500-2000pt direction  (Read 1504 times)

Offline CountryMou3e

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1500-2000pt direction
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:32:18 PM »
Hello all!

Firstly i want to introduce myself and say hi. Im shiny new to these forums and would like to say how amazing some of the threads have been to read so far. Having initially only bought some GK models to paint i got talked into a few games at my local hobby store and now im hell bent on building myself an army with the intention of playing. I would also like to add (as probably guessed) that i am a complete virgin to the games rules etc.

I have searched hi and low trying to find an army list that consists of some of the models that i have purchased to build upon but to no avail. So a little against the grain of standard '2000pt list what ya think', here is what i have and would like some input on what to purchase to build it upto a 1500-2000pt army;

Kaldor
Inq Coteaz
Crowe
Jokero
2x servitors
10x GKSS with 1xpsylencer, 1xpsycanon, warding stave, 2xfalchions, incinerator
5xpaladins with banner, apoth, 1 halberd
1x DK with sword and heavy psycanon
Techmarine
Inq Chimera

(please excuse my spelling mistakes, i'm currently out at time of writing post)

As you can see its a bit of a mish mash, i originally bought the models just to paint them so i didnt choose anything or equip it for that matter based around a pre-determined army list. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: 1500-2000pt direction
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 08:11:23 AM »
Hi, welcome to the forums  :D

The first decision you need to make is what sort of army you wish to make as at the minute you have three different HQ's that do very different roles and also give you different troop options.

For instance if you want to field Kaldor draigo them you could do with some more paladins to take advantage of his special rules. With crowe the only real reason to take him is so you can field purifiers as troops so more of them would be needed.
Inq Coteaz is great in any type of army as he is just a steal for his points but if you do take him it opens up the option of henchman squads as troops which are very interesting and hugely variable.

If your unsure which way to go them a few good things that you could buy would be more GK terminators and GK power armoured dudes, these can be made up to represent many different units from the codex so you will always have a use for them.
Also a stormraven has multiple uses and is really good.

On a side point, depending on how good you modelling skills are grey knight plastic kits are a great option to magnetise as you can get alot more use out of them.

Good luck.

Offline CountryMou3e

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1500-2000pt direction
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:45:27 AM »
Ok, so i have a vague idea (based on my limited knowledge) of what i want to achieve and this is what i have come up with thus far;

HQ (inc warband/1st troop choice)
-Coteaz
-Psyker x6
-Jokaero x2
-Inq servitor with multi-melta x2
-Inq servitor with plasma canon
-Inq Chimera transport with multi-laser and heavy flamer
TOTAL = 325

Troops
-Warrior Acolyte x9 with carapace armour, x7 hotshot lasgun, flamer and plasma gun
-Inq servitor x2 with heavy bolter
-Ordo malleus inq with combi flamer and power sword
TOTAL = 192

-Terminator x5 with x4 halberd, 1 demon hammer, 1 psycannon
TOTAL = 225

-Terminator x5 with x4 halberd, 1 demon hammer, 1 incinerator
TOTAL = 205

Elites
Purifier x10 with incinerator, psilencer, psycanon, falchion, demon hammer, psybolt ammo
TOTAL = 280

Heavy Support
-Nemesis DK with heavy psycanon, nemesis greatsword
TOTAL = 195

-Nemesis DK with heavy incinerator, Gatling psilencer
TOTAL - 195

Fast Attack
-Stormraven Gunship with typhoon missile launcher and twin linked lascannons
TOTAL = 230

GRAND TOTAL = 1847

Please flame, ramble, advise and critique this list. Theres 153 points still available but i dont know whether to use this for upgrades or to try squeeze another unit.

The basic 'idea' have with this build is to have the hq+warband camp in the chimera and be a long range nuisance, the other inq + warband to be a mid to rear firing line. The termi squads to either advance mid table or on the flanks with the DK. The SR i would use to get my purifiers in and causing hurt as fast as possible.

I may have this completely wrong but this seem logical to me o.0

Cheers!