News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fabius Bile + Lucius the Eternal  (Read 5737 times)

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
Re: Fabius Bile + Lucius the Eternal
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 01:29:21 PM »
Why has nobody mentioned the fact the FB inflicts Instand Death with any wound he deals? Have you people forgotten that?  Sure other than that he's only useful for the Enhanced Marines, but still.

Also,  Master Titan, Lucius does look good on paper and I'm not sure if anyone who has been speaking about him has played him.  I haven't but it would seem that you would get the same random chance of your opponent wiping your HQ in one turn with Lucius as with a DP or Kharn.  For instance, I once lost a DP to Hormagaunts based on bad rolls on my part, so anything can happen guys, don't discount a IC just because they get expensive.  You're playing CSM, everything's expensive, suck it up.
Cool it.

The point about expensive characters is that they are just that - expensive. A winged Daemon Prince with Wind of Chaos is close to Lucius' price, and infinitely better at both combat and shooting (provided the psychic test passes)

And yes, I have used him, as I have a Chaos army...

Offline Nubville

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »
I'm sorry if what I said came off as flaming, it was not my intention.  Thank you for the greeting Master Titan.  Lucius however gets to decrease opponents attacks and hwne he makes a succssful save he gets a free S4 hit on the wounding model that ignors armor saves.  So I would have to disagree, the DP is not infinitely better in combat than Lucius.

Offline Qui-Gon Jinn

• Jedi Master of the Editorial Order, TechMarine
  • May the Force be with you!
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 04:06:12 PM »
Hmm...we shall see how long Lucius lasts against a SM veteran with a power fist, and compare that to a Daemon prince.

And, a Daemon Prince can fly, and for cheaper than Lucius, comes with a much increased statline, and is more versatile.

Chaos Daemon Army
The Army in all its glory!
The Battle Reports of the Army

W/L/D
55/11/7

Chaos Poster of 2009!
Bow before me! :P

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »
Rofl.  I find it funny and true that the Chaos list is points intensive.

But, the options that have found their way into my competitive lists are either cheap or undercosted.

Daemon Prince with wings...nothing in the Chaos HQ slots gets as good as the cost:utility ratio, and cheap as chips.  While plague marines and oblits are...undercosted for what they do.
___________________ _______

It's not just Lucius dying to fists and such.
It's that he has 2 contradictory special rules, I find that utterly stupid.

He reduces dmg to himself, which is reducing the usage of his "stop hitting yourself" armor.  Also, cross Codex, his combat prowess was taken by Kharn, he lost a point of str, and now loses an Attack as well.

Anyway, they are fun choices, but there's a reason why they don't make it into more competitive lists in the meta-gaming level.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Drudge Dreadnought

• Aspiring Mathhammer Champion
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 03:22:09 AM »
If you leave Daemon Princes out of the equation Lucius has some nice options. He is a beast in a nicely sized squad, and is the only way to get a doom siren on your HQ these days. His main downside, like all special characters, is the lack of a jump pack or wings. His -1 to enemy attacks is really very powerful. Yes a power fist will wallop him, but will probably only have a single attack which on average will not get him. I do not think he can compare to Kharn though.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 03:24:02 AM by Drudge Dreadnought »
Always 1 on the Crazed roll.