News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tactic help  (Read 387 times)

Offline Mini eldrad

• I'm a llama!
Tactic help
« on: June 30, 2003, 10:13:34 PM »
I am fighting a battle this evening with ork allies. I use chaos space marine iron warriors. Any ideas on what units i should use. It is a 1500 point battle and I think the Eldar will be using the Ulthwe Craftworld. Any tactics for me and my ork buddy would be great too.

Thanks

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
Re:Tactic help
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 11:20:06 PM »
Post this in the Chaos forum or the Ork Forum.  These are tactics and do not belong here.

Offline Thanatos

Re:Tactic help
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 11:21:10 PM »
Not sure if I'm in time to be helpful but....
Can't help you choose the right units, but I got some ideas for your general strategy.
Get some tough CC guys on the Seer council.  Doing this will limit their psychic power use.
Keep the orks off the guardians as they will be hard pressed to survive the BS4 shuriken fire.
It may be a little rude but make sure the Ulthwe player declares which guardians are Black guardians.  Only compulsory troops count as black guardians.  That usually means two units, unless you play some special mission.  Had a guy fail to understand this and bought several weapon platforms only to find that two of them were BS4
Some people in this world believe war has no meaning.  These people have not faced the true cruelty of human nature.  Some people will simply not be reasoned with.  And when these people take up a hostile position, pacifism will no longer be an option.  Even then, the power to kill is the only thing they can reason with.