News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [Tyranids] ~ [1500pts] ~ [Friendly]  (Read 620 times)

Offline Insomniac00

• ~ Ask Not For Whom The Bell Tolls ~
[Tyranids] ~ [1500pts] ~ [Friendly]
« on: August 2, 2007, 05:12:59 PM »
Okay so i Have upgraded my list from last time. The only extra pieces i have beyond what I am using are three Lictors but they have not proven to be very useful. So tell me what you think. The Only Thing I really need Is more Synapse.

HQ

264 Hive Tyrant w/ 2x Guards
Enhanced senses[bs], Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs
Venom Cannon, Twin-Linked Devourer

334 Brood Lord ~ Vanilla
11x Genestealer Retinue with Extended Carapace, Scything Talons

Elite

114 3x Warrior Brood
Leaping, Extended Carapace, Adrenal Glands [ws], Toxin Sacs
Rending Claws, Scything Talons

Troops

126 14x Guants
Toxin Sacs, Flesh Borers

60 12x Guants
Spine fists

160 16x Hormaguants

90 5x Ripper Swarm
Leaping, Extended Carapace, Toxin sacs

Fast Attack

Heavy

158 Carnifex
Enhanced Senses [bs], Extended Carapace, Reinforced Chitin
Spine Banks
2x Devourers

188 Carnifex
Enhanced Senses [bs], Extended Carapace, Reinforced Chitin
Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler

______
1494 Total

I know some of it like the Fex's and Tyrant seem a bit beefed but in a couple weeks i got a battle box coming in so my army will fill out.

So what do you guys Think
My Name Is Legion, For We Are Many

Offline volgon8 is dead!!

• http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=31750
Re: [Tyranids] ~ [1500pts] ~ [Friendly]
« Reply #1 on: August 2, 2007, 08:26:51 PM »
take the st off broodlord's retinue they gonna attract a lot of firepower give warriors wings they better that way(my opinion of course) if you cannot keep your gaunts alive take ts off and the Reinforced Chitin can come off if you wish switch spine banks to spore cysts and add them to the other as well add a lictor and you have 22 pts left over and for synapse get the zoanthrope 2 or 3 is good with synapse and wb they take out over 55pts a game every time

Offline Topswill

• Dark Eldar rock
Re: [Tyranids] ~ [1500pts] ~ [Friendly]
« Reply #2 on: August 3, 2007, 07:39:23 AM »
I disagree on taking a lictor, but totally agree on taking zoanthropes instead of something. I include 3 in my army currently because I only have 1 fex to field. 2 fexes as you put it here makes for good fighting & tank hunting.

I agree on flying warriors, I have 5 myself (if you do get them, make sure to see that they're CC warriors). You can't fit them with the extra sv so are real vulnerable to shooting sv5+ and need to hide before they hit CC.

The one thing I find overkill in your list is the double HQ. I usually pick between the HT & the broodlord to save up points for something else. I would've gone for another unit of stealers instead of the Broodlord. Or some zoanthropes, etc...

The list is overall a good list I think,
Kill, pillage, rape, murder...for a DARK Eldar doesn't sleep on a soft pillow of feathers and cuddle stuffed animals.