News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2007: Space Marine Poster of the Year Nominations  (Read 1232 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2007.

See the above for the rules and specifics of the Forum Awards, and use the linked thread for general questions.

Make your nominations for the Space Marine Poster of the Year here in this thread or through PMing me (though clearly title it so I can easily tell what it's about). The only limit is that you can not nominate the previous winner, who in this case was Wustenfux.

Addendum: One nomination per person please.

~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 2, 2007, 04:38:00 PM by - Makenshi, the White Cloud - »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Squirrelloid

• Honor Guard
  • Only in darkness, light
Ok, lets get this ball rolling - we don't want it said that Space Marines are too lazy to nominate their fellows for honor and glory.

I'd like to nominate Mordekiem.  We don't always agree, but even when we don't his comments are generally insightful - i just may not notice right away ;).  His advice is well thought out and eminently playable.  Now if only he didn't play Black Templar and chose a real SM army.   :D

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2007, 01:38:24 AM by Squirrelloid »
The ignorant shall fall to the squirrels - Chip 4:2

Unusual SM armies

Angband Code:
S WI(x) !Xok ht->ho !C P88 DL:5000' A++ R+++ Sp+ w: mjolnir or wrestling
S(ToME) W H- D+ !c f- PV+ !s d !P M+
C-- S+ I- So- B- ac !GHB SQ RQ++ V- F: multipage inventory

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Yuenglingdragon, for his work in the tactics forum mostly. Rating armylists is very under-rated in my opinon.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
I haven't seen much of him around here lately, as I believe he may have been turned to the dark side (eldar), but through the last year I have been impressed by the quality of Magus 42's posts. Good fluff knowledge too.

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
I'd like to nominatate Benandorf for all the fluff information and help he gave me recently, very concise very helpful

thanks again

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Nominations will be closed on the 16th of December (after 2 weeks of being open), make sure you get your nominations in in time :).

Also, don't forgot the General Awards, which includes: Funniest Member, Best Local Mod and the Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit.

~MTWC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Two Blades as One, Samurai Ichirou

• Old men start wars; Young boys die in them.
I nominate Purgatory, his tacticas and advice have always helped me out.
Still I lay cold, my soul seeks light / my eyes are tired; my heart's last fight
Around my shell of wood and cloth / trickle sound of wound and loss.
Broken voices of tears and cry's / sorrow and love for a Nation's son's life.
Mother and Father alone in thought. / Of the bravery and pain in the battle we fought.
We move slowly we three welcomed home. / A parade of silence, hands and flags wave
Above our bodies, they gather as on, / Along this highway of heroes for two seconds of light.

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
 Since I am too modest to nominate myself *cough* I am in a dilemma... Purg or Benandorf? That's not easy to do... and it is not good to give people hard times with decisions...

Both Purg and Benan have helped... But I will go with Purgatory as Benandorf's main army is still Tyranids!
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
I'll nominate Alexander's Son
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Alexander's Son

Mr. Squid thank you... I'm so flattered and awkward right now... I think I am turning red...

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
Ha, you should be, it's not often you get praised by the great Mr.Squid!
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Alexander's Son

Yes I know... that's why I blush!

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Nominations are as follows:

Mordekiem [1], Yuenglingdragon [1], Magus 42 [1], Benandorf [1], Purgatory [2], Alexander's Son [1]

~MTWC