News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dark Angel pistols [can they be used?? (>'?')> ]  (Read 1054 times)

Offline -bill-

• Haemonculus: 2007 London 40K Online RTT Champion
    • Pine Lodge IFAs
Dark Angel pistols [can they be used?? (>'?')> ]
« on: March 7, 2007, 10:17:03 AM »
I see in the new codex that DA get a pistol (and frag and krak) included in their stat line in addition to any other weapon they're carrying e.g bolter, lascannon etc.

Vanilla marines only get pistiols and cc if swapped for a bolter / other weapon

Do you think that DA could then shoot this pistol rather than the bolter prior to assaulting thus getting round the old can't rapidfire and assault rule
« Last Edit: March 7, 2007, 08:18:43 PM by Mr.Peanut »

Offline Massaen

• Ork Boy
  • Worlds End Radio Host!
Re: Dark Angel pistols
« Reply #1 on: March 7, 2007, 10:19:36 AM »
yep - intentionally as well i would guess!

The stars once lived and died at our hands and yet you still defy us? Foolish Mon Keigh, you are all doomed...

Offline Falstead

« Reply #2 on: March 7, 2007, 10:26:15 AM »
Indeed I believe this was the whole point of giving them the pistol.

Dark Angel tactical marines truly are tactical now!

They can hang back and bolter you, use a heavy and or special weapon and then when you get close they're decent assault units. They get one pistol shot as they charge and then 2 attacks on the turn they charge. Coupled with their frag grenades they're certainly not bad!

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #3 on: March 7, 2007, 05:39:32 PM »
Do you think that DA could then shoot this pistol rather than the bolter prior to assaulting thus getting round the old can't rapidfire and assault rule

No, its just so they can look cool on the battlefield by spinning them around and putting them into their holsters really fast, like in robocop. :P

Seriously though I would say that using pistols in that way would be the whole point of having them, plus if you're running about double tapping things it means the heavy weapon guy can pop a shot of too instead of being a cheerleader for his squadmates.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014