News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hive Fleet Mullet - 1500 points  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Hive Fleet Mullet - 1500 points
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:26:22 PM »
I miss my nids... I really really do.  They were at their peak in 3rd and 4th.  My army was feared in my local meta because I ran all assault and speed and I over ran all of my opponents in the first 3 (give or take) turns.  Leaping warriors for the win! :D
Then.... they went down hill and now it seems I actually have to take things that shoot.  But I still want them scary like they once were for me. 

So, the theme for Hive Fleet Mullet is big bugs.  Nothing with only 1 wound is allowed!

I understand that this is just a fun list and I just want to polish it off a bit because I love winning with different armies!

Flyrant - 240
Bonesword and whip, Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, Wings

Hive Tyrant - 250
Armoured Shell, Heavy Venom Cannon, TL Devourers

Zoanthrope Brood x2 - 120

Warrior Brood x4 - 150
Deathspitter x3
Venom Cannon
Scything Talons x4

Warrior Brood x4 - 170
Pair of Boneswords x4
Barbed Strangler
Devourer x3

Warrior Brood x4 - 120
Rending Claws x4
Scything Talons x4

Carnifex - 190
TL Devourers, TL Devourers

Carnifex - 185
Frag Spines, Bio-plasma
Mycetic Spore - 40

Total points right now is 1465 meaning I have 35 to play with
I have 19 models but there are 56 wounds in total! :)

Flyrant goes eat something, everything walks up laying down fire and then eats anything that's left.  Venom cannon warriors sit on home objective. Psychic powers will be fun to play around with between the 'thropes and the tyrants!

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:31:05 PM by Halollet »
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
Re: Hive Fleet Mullet - 1500 points
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »
Forward the heavy mob!

Right...err...good news:

Winged tyrants are badass. That stabby, winged bug will now reach any one target on the board in turn 2, can ignore dangerous terrain and will eat pretty much any unit alive.

The downside - a single flying monster draws a hell of a lot of fire. The grounded rule makes it not too hard to shoot him out of the air, which - even if it doesn't kill him - will probably wound him (downside of no invulnerable) and leave him vulnerable. The big problem with the list is that he is such a massive priority one - because nothing can keep up with him - that if he survives to turn two, something's gone very wrong for your opponent.

The rest of the army is nice, too. Things I would point out; the warriors leave you with relatively few models able to take an objective. That's probably the single biggest weakness in the army; if you're going big-thing-heavy, eight warriors won't surfice to win an objectives game.

The Zoanthropes - have a play around with some of the new psychic power tables. Some of the telepathy powers particularly can be nasty.
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Halollet

« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »
The rest of the army is nice, too. Things I would point out; the warriors leave you with relatively few models able to take an objective. That's probably the single biggest weakness in the army; if you're going big-thing-heavy, eight warriors won't surfice to win an objectives game.

I figured as much, one good battlecannon shot and there goes the brood.  But until I can get 1-2 Tervigons they'll have to do for now. 
They'll always have a MC around them at all times to hopefully draw attention. 

This is the main reason why I put this list on the casual side.

Still got 35 points to spend.  Any suggestions?
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #3 on: August 3, 2013, 01:32:46 AM »
Ah, but tervigons require termagants, which violate the 'big stuff' rule...

An additional warrior, if you've got one.
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline agonzoman00

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »
Fashion 2 TL brainleech worms for the FHT.  12 TL Str6 shots will crack open any transport and wreck any flyer.  30 points

Offline Halollet

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »
Fashion 2 TL brainleech worms for the FHT.  12 TL Str6 shots will crack open any transport and wreck any flyer.  30 points

I had to double check that, because it didn't say that FMC could skyfire originally.  Knowing that.... hmm... that might be a good idea...