News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tournament in April list needs C&C  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Crispy86

• Ork Boy
  • Time to feast!
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Marines(Nurgle), Eldar, Dark Eldar
Tournament in April list needs C&C
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:56:49 PM »
Hi There,

So I have a tournament coming up. 1500pts, and I was thinking of going for a good mix of dakka and assualt so with that in mind:
HQ
Mek with KFF
Warboss with mega armour and cybork body

Troops
25 slugga boyz with nob armed with big choppa
25 slugga boyz with nob armed with big choppa
25 shoota boyz with nob armed with big choppa and 2 big shootas
5 Mega nobz in battle wagon with 4 big shootas

Elites
10 lootas
10 tank bustas

Heavy support
2 lobbas
Battle wagon with 4 rokkit launchas and grot riggers

I'm taking the tank bustas since with the reduction in units with the tank vehicle type in the local meta, they'll be able to take shots at things like fliers and stuff. Plus with them in a battle wagon firing 14 rokkit shots just seems awesome haha

Anyways let me know what you guys think. I've gone a little bare bones to try and include some goodies, but I've never used lootas before and only used the tank bustas against an all standard space marine army (which they were really brutal against).

Thanks!
Crispy

Crispy86

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: Tournament in April list needs C&C
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 01:39:57 AM »
Well Crispy I wish you best of luck on the tourney!  Hopefully you'll bag some great kills to place ontop the bosspoles.

Speaking of Bosspoles, where are they in the list?  Its a real necessity, even moreso than equipping special weapons on the Nobz.  I can't even fathom how often they've saved my Orks from running away or possibly even getting swept in CC.

So first order of business on the list has to be that.

Beyond that, I'm not a big fan of Lobbas or Tankbustas, but don't let my preferences dissuade you if they've proven effective for you.  In a tourny situation it's best to go with what you know.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:00:14 AM »
I would drop the MaNs in favor of boosting the numbers of lootas and tank bustas. Use the third heavy support slot for the battle wagon and give it to the lootas to use.

Is there a way you can make a second unit of shoota boys? I would take them in favor of slugga boys, but if those are the models you have then that is what you will take.

As for the mega armored boss, go ahead and give him the boss pole, with his LD he will be a key in keeping a squad from running away. Plus in mega armor he will be good at accepting challenges as there is always that enemy character that wants to get into a fist fight.

I agree with OD, you need poles on all your nobs, I would say required kit, but that is me.

I look forward to your batrep and pictures. Go forth and krump!
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Crispy86

• Ork Boy
  • Time to feast!
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Marines(Nurgle), Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:27:37 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. I removed the boss poles just because I've never passed the re-roll, but I suppose I should have them on there.

I'll re-work the list and hopefully get a test game in next Friday (will take photos and post them up for you Skeet).

Thanks again for the replies!

Crispy
Crispy86