News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Gotta get my fix. 2.5k Hellion + Reaver list  (Read 2453 times)

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
  • Don't botha me! I'm workin' on sumfin'!
Gotta get my fix. 2.5k Hellion + Reaver list
« on: February 16, 2011, 03:14:18 AM »
Hey all  :D

This is the first list I have written for Dark Eldar. I have perused the forums a little for some ideas and I was wondering if this sort of list was viable.  We play with a considerable amount of terrain usually and on really large boards:

Ie: if there are 4 of us playing we will be using a 4 - 4'x8' tables. Essentially a table each full of terrain ( mainly designed for 10k pt each battles ) So I thought of using a 2x WWP list ( probably will come later )

I have no miniatures so far and am looking for something somewhat competitive. I intend to buy a considerable amount of things as I have recently come into about 2 grand. So right now, mini's that are currently available get first priority. ^o^

Here we go:

HQ: Duke Sliscus
w/ 4 Trueborn 2 splinter cannons, 2 shardcarbines
Venom 2 Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies, Nightshield

T: 9 Wyches w/ Haywire grenades in Raider /w Torment Grenade Launcher, Grisly Trophies, Night Shields, Flickerfield

E: 5 Incubi in Venom /w 2x Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies, Night shields

These three units work together

Note: The Venom with the Trueborn is mainly designed for the Duke as a personal pimp ride and to unleash some 3+ psn shots to help back me up with some anti infantry. The Raider with the wyches is the meatshield for the Incubi to assist the Duke and the Trueborn ( should heat come their way ).

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _

HQ: Baron Sathonyx
w/ 13 Hellions, 1 Helliarch /w Stunclaw

T: 9 hellions inc Helliarch /w Agonizer

Note: The main stealthed squad with the Baron picks up ( via stunclaw ) and IC's from a unit and using the Baron's Master of the Skies ability to make sure the ICC is removed from the unit. The rest of the hellions pounce on that unit if it can be dragged out of like of sight ect.

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _

FA: 6 Reavers inc Reaver Champion ( naked for LD9 ) 2x Heatlances

HS: Voidraven Bomber /w Nightshields, Flickerfield 2x Necro 2x shatter missiles

HS: Voidraven Bomber /w Nightshields, Flickerfield 2x Necro 2x shatter missiles

Note: Basically my tank hunters. Reavers will tank hunt until there isn't anything left, then will assist the Hellions.

Edit: I have pumped this up to 2.5k as it is more than likely what I will play at home.

Thanks, and be kind  :P

-Φ Daoshi Φ-
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:50:21 AM by -Φ Daoshi Φ- »

Offline archonoftheredhand

Re: Gotta get my fix. 2k Hellion + Reaver list
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 03:53:25 AM »
As fot anti-meq, I would give the helliarchs agonisers instead of stunclaws. Stunclaws can abduct an IC but you haven't anything to take the IC out.

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
Re: Gotta get my fix. 2.5k Hellion + Reaver list
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 04:41:11 AM »
Thanks archonoftheredhand,

I have taken your comments and applied them to the list. I also bumped it up to 2.5k ( currently 2499 ). I think I have solved some of my CQC problems.

-Φ Daoshi Φ-

Offline Alone in the dark

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 05:05:34 AM »

HQ: Duke Sliscus
w/ 4 Trueborn 2 splinter cannons, 2 shardcarbines
Venom 2 Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies, Nightshield

T: 9 Wyches w/ Haywire grenades in Raider /w Torment Grenade Launcher, Grisly Trophies, Night Shields, Flickerfield

E: 5 Incubi in Venom /w 2x Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies, Night shields

These three units work together

Note: The Venom with the Trueborn is mainly designed for the Duke as a personal pimp ride and to unleash some 3+ psn shots to help back me up with some anti infantry. The Raider with the wyches is the meatshield for the Incubi to assist the Duke and the Trueborn ( should heat come their way ).

Just to check, do you know the Duke doesn't need to be with the Trueborn to give the poison bonus to them? You just need to deploy the Duke with them and then he may leave the unit.
It is a waste of points to have the Duke in a shooty unit, so better let him go with Wyches or Incubi and move the Trueborn far from trouble.

Why not Ravagers or Taloi?, I think they are far better than Voidraven bombers, and if you are planning on using a WWP, then Taloi are a sure bet.

I would kick some Hellions and take some Wyches in a raider. Is not just because I don't like Hellions at all, but also think Wyches play a role that you don't have in this army. Hellions may be slaughtered mercilessly by a unit with power weapons,while a unit of wyches may tarpit that unit until some help (Incubi) comes.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:38:48 AM by Alone in the dark »

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:14:31 AM »
Alone in the dark,

These are very good points. This was not a WWP army to begin with. I had thought that Talos were in fact vehicles and could not enter play via a WWP. I was wrong, they are in fact MC's !!!! That is fantastic news ! I can see this list evolving even more now haha.... However if I choose to go the WWP option I will have to lose of of the characters I have based my army around.

As for the Duke: I believe he had to start play with them, I didn't know that he could just bail out after. I will definitely add him to the CC unit then.

I agree with the hellions. I think 2 squads may be enough. Another unit of wyches in a raider could not hurt in the slightest.

If I come up against a mech based army I am fairly sure I would get my butt handed to me. Need a little rethink I guess.

-Φ Daoshi Φ-
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:22:59 AM by -Φ Daoshi Φ- »

Offline Brutoni

• Doom... Doom.... Doooooooom
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 05:24:44 AM »
Void Raven bombers are okay however for dedicated Anti-Tank I would rather have a Ravager over a Void Raven.

That said if you want an anti-MEQ/TEQ/GEQ very little beats the output that a Razorwing fighter can put out. Swap the lances for Destructors, upgrade with a Splinter Cannon and keep the 4 standard missiles.

Against marines and Terminators the Destructor thingy will just tear them to pieces due to the large number of AP2 shots that wound with ease. The Splinter Cannon will also probably claim another 1 casualty. Finally it has the option for a brutal alpha strike firing its missiles and its weapons. Against large hoard units, or even against Terminators with SS&TH this can really put the pressure on.

In fact personally I would drop the Duke and replace with a standard Archon. Use 2 RazorWing fighters with destructors and then have the Trueborn as a 4 Blaster team. Coupled with the 3 squads of Revears with 2 Heatlances you would have plenty of Anti-Tank firepower. Your razorwings cover MEQ/TEQ and Anti Hoard giving you powerful shooting assets that work well to weaken key units with an alpha strike before you CC units hit home.

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 05:49:54 AM »

That said if you want an anti-MEQ/TEQ/GEQ very little beats the output that a Razorwing fighter can put out. Swap the lances for Destructors, upgrade with a Splinter Cannon and keep the 4 standard missiles.

And pretty much what you get is a full Diss expensive Ravager with less armour. Once the missiles are gone the Razorwing has no benefit over a Ravager and you have paid a lot more for it without a so great output.

I don't think is a bad option, but I don't think is as good as I see people saying it is neither.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:51:13 AM by Alone in the dark »

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 05:51:03 AM »
So how about:

HQ: Archon  /w Huskblade, Soultrap, Blast Pistol, Combat drugs, Shadow Field, WWP with 4 Incubi inc Klaviex /w Demiklaives
in Venom 2 Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies, Nightshield

T: 10 Wyches inc Hekatrix /w Agonizer, Phantasm Grenades, 2x Shardnet and Impaler,  Haywire grenades in Raider /w Torment Grenade Launcher, Grisly Trophies, Night Shields, Flickerfield

T: 10 Wyches inc Hekatrix /w Agonizer, Phantasm Grenades, 2x Shardnet and Impaler,  Haywire grenades in Raider /w Torment Grenade Launcher, Grisly Trophies, Night Shields, Flickerfield

HS: Razorwing Fighter /w Nightshields, Flickerfield 2x Destructors

___________________ ___________________ ____________

Or I could drop the WWP. Add Onslaught to my Klaivex, and give my Reaver Arena Champions a Grav Talon each.

Really seems to be getting a lot stronger.

-Φ Daoshi Φ-
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:00:09 AM by -Φ Daoshi Φ- »

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »
So how about:

HQ: Archon  /w Huskblade, Soultrap, Blast Pistol, Combat drugs, Shadow Field, WWP with 4 Incubi inc Klaviex /w Demiklaives
in Venom 2 Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies, Nightshield

___________________ ___________________ ____________

Or I could drop the WWP. Add Onslaught to my Klaivex, and give my Reaver Arena Champions a Grav Talon each.

Really seems to be getting a lot stronger.

-Φ Daoshi Φ-

The Klaivex w/Demiklaives is too expensive for what he brings to the unit he is with. Put some more Incubi in a raider if you think you will need more, but adding a Klaivex just burns a lot of points for not so much.

Do not take the grenade launcher, Wyches already have plasma grenades and you don't need the defensive ones. Also a unit with 10 Wyches is probably too much, between 6 and 8 is a good number and enough for the job. Wych weapons are optional, not bad but not amazing, at least worth trying.

In the unit of reavers I wouldn't take an arena champion at all. It is a tank buster unit, and if you ever go to CC you will be torn to pieces anyway, no need for the champion just to have the +Ld.  Reavers are very expensive, so try to keep them as cheap and focused as you can.

It is a 2.5k army, use your three HS slots, and if you are using a WWP now, get a Talos, heck, even get two Taloi. I would seriously advice to drop both Razorwings, but if you want to keep one to try out it's performance do it, it may fit your playing style just fine, and if you don't try you will never find out.

With the points you will save if you do all this, I would go for another Wych unit in a raider. If you need more points some of the raider upgrades could come off, and the blast pistol for the Archon in not really a must, he may never use it.

Just think that your Venom with the Archon and WWP will be the number one target, so better hide it from view or you will never be able to place that portal anywhere. That's one of the reasons why many people run two portals in a list.

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 04:24:05 AM »
Okay here we go:

T: 11 hellions inc Helliarch /w Stunclaw

HQ: Humunculous /w liquifier, venom blade, WWP
T: 9 wracks /w liquifier
raider /w NS, FF

HQ: Humunculous /w liquifier, venom blade, WWP
T: 9 wracks /w liquifier
raider /w NS, FF

T: 7 Wytches inc Hekatrix /w agonizer
raider /w NS FF

T: 7 Wytches inc Hekatrix /w agonizer
raider /w NS FF

E: 4 Trueborn w/ blaster
Venom /w NS

FA: 6 Reavers inc Reaver Champion  2x Heatlances

HS: Talos /w TL Haywire blaster, chainflail

HS: Talos /w TL Haywire blaster, chainflail

HS: Chronos /w Spirit vortex

Seems to be where I am at right now. I think everything but the Hellions and HS start on the table.

-Φ Daoshi Φ-
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:26:23 AM by -Φ Daoshi Φ- »

Offline The Fire Antz

• Archon in the making
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 05:37:01 AM »
I think everything but the Hellions and HS start on the table.

Be flexible with these guys. Try them for like 5 games (10 if you are playing hardcore) all starting on the board, then try games with them all coming through the wwp and try a mix of 1 unit on board 2 wwp and visa versa.

See what works best for your playing style and what you want to achieve. Obviously thats to win, but how you want to win........