News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Spoils of War, Campaign Weekend 26/27th November Bristol UK  (Read 11699 times)

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Spoils of War, Campaign Weekend 26/27th November Bristol UK
« on: August 24, 2011, 06:24:49 PM »
Two day campaign weekend, running now into it's 4th year. Players fight their way though the battered Cerebolis star systems investigating necron ruins and hoping that the rise of the machines doesn't cause them too many disfavours!

Tickets are £20, and we have a food stand with sandwiches and delicious cake around both days, plenty of free parking and so on. Playing on the awesome Vanguard scenery which has this year been added to with lots of necron themed centre pieces to fight for and control! We are the only club that puts all profits from events back into terrain because we think it makes a lot of difference!

Rulespack here.

I'll be there as assistant organiser so it would be cool to see some 40KOnline folk coming along to this one. Its a good chance to roll out with an army thats less sensible than you'd ordinarily field, or to use some forgeworld toys on the table!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:56:10 AM by Hymirl »
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Spoils of War, Campaign Weekend 26/27th Novemeber Bristol UK
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
I might be able to make it out for this. Depending on my schedule and a slew of other factors.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 04:45:33 PM »
That would be awesome, you'd beat Zilverscale for the distance travelled award. Also, I can probably help with pickup from bus stations and stuff if that helps.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:25:47 PM »
That would help. I'm going to be living in Italy for eight months for school, and while there I want to visit other places. England is among those ( even a short visit) and a tournament seems like a good reason to do so. However, I don't know what my class schedule is like, nor transportAtion. I'll need to plan out the possibility of the trip After I arrive in Europe, as I am in the middle of the woods until then.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #4 on: September 3, 2011, 04:11:26 PM »
i hope to make it. depending on real life of course.

be awesome if you can killersquid.
However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: September 4, 2011, 12:42:21 AM »
I'll bite.

Oh, and take part in the tournament I guess.
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #6 on: September 6, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »
If I can take the time off I'll bite 2  :P

Have to check my schedule.

Sent application for time off ;)
« Last Edit: September 6, 2011, 07:19:12 PM by Zilverscale »

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Swamp Rat

« Reply #7 on: September 7, 2011, 01:47:27 PM »
If there are no major events in my rugby club, ill be down, interesting to see my first campaign weekend.
the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function the way a soldier is supposed to function -- without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

Don't cry for the Happy dead
But weep for those who dread to die.

Space Wolves Win Draw Loss - 5-3-0

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #8 on: September 7, 2011, 01:59:02 PM »
It's extremely cool!
If it's anything like the Vanguard toernament you'll have a blast :D

Even though I live in the next country I'll definately be comming if my time off application is approved ^^ (and for future campaigns/toernaments)

• Ancient
« Reply #9 on: September 9, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
Just finished my first week of class. Looks like our Critique week may be the last week of November (pretty serious stuff), depending on when it is I may need that time to work on class work. My professor is pretty absent minded, so I really have not idea what's going on in the long term, as our schedule is changing almost daily. I'll have a better idea later. Is there a cut off date for applications?
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Guildmage Aech

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #10 on: September 9, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »
You'd be able to buy a ticket as long as there are tickets left, and the event hasn't already started! Serious study stuff is probably more important than playing games in all honesty, although it would be cool to see you.

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: September 9, 2011, 02:52:41 PM »
I'll be there.  And I may be bringing a Stompa for my 2000pt list.

Should be a blast.  Hopefully there will be an evel spread of factions there so its not an Imperium vs All situation!
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 01:20:49 AM »
Got my time off :D

So I will be joining in this event ;)

Offline Swamp Rat

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 10:05:26 AM »
i should have my ticket this weekend, now to finish my wolves, anyon want to help me come up wih saga like challenges for my wolf guard? there'll be no special rules of course, just a fine story to tell.
the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function the way a soldier is supposed to function -- without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

Don't cry for the Happy dead
But weep for those who dread to die.

Space Wolves Win Draw Loss - 5-3-0

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 08:06:11 PM »
Payment made :)

Will be looking foreward to seeing you all there again ;)

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
Good chance I'll actually be able to attend this time thanks to Chuckles. I'll sort my money ASAP.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 10:54:17 AM »
If it turns out I can't do it (and it's looking increasingly like I can make it so this shouldn't be an issue) I'll be sure to give you plenty of warning beforehand mate. Will be acquiring my ticket once I get my last dole payment
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »
awesome guys. would be great to see you.
However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 05:39:34 PM »
Good chance I'll actually be able to attend this time thanks to Chuckles. I'll sort my money ASAP.

Awesome!

If it turns out I can't do it (and it's looking increasingly like I can make it so this shouldn't be an issue) I'll be sure to give you plenty of warning beforehand mate. Will be acquiring my ticket once I get my last dole payment

Double awesome! The 40KO pub crawl looks like its going to be even bigger this year!

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 05:46:36 PM »
Double awesome! The 40KO pub crawl looks like its going to be even bigger this year!

Well if you take us to the pub we went to last time?

Hmm what was it again that Tarrin said? Lots and lots of pretty girls there :) And I did agree with him 1k%