News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What GW do you use?  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
Re: What GW do you use?
« Reply #20 on: July 5, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »
Hymirl, does that one at cribbs actually have room for gaming tables? I've only ever popped in for paint - it seems.....cosy.

It's delightfully snug.  They tend to maintain 3 4x4 gaming tables without too much trouble though.  Personally I tend to only paint or chat when I'm in there (I work in the Mall, most of the time I'm coming in on my break/after work so I don't have anything with me) and they pull a fair crowd on the Wednesday 40k night where you're generally guaranteed to see Lorizael.  Hymirl is more a once-in-a-blue moon sorta fellow.  Though that said I haven't been down to Vanguard in longer than I'd like ...

If you hadn't guessed Cribbs is my local.
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Mr.Tanks

• Grot
  • Lord Despot of Dakka.
  • Armies: The Brave & Noble Albion 212th Imperial Guard
« Reply #21 on: July 6, 2008, 06:16:38 PM »
GW London in Oxford street, it's the main store for London and my closest one, there aren't any Independant retailers any closer. Luckily I live about 30 minutes away on the train, so it's not that bad, however getting a game can be difficult sometimes.
What I cannot crush with words, I shall crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard!

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #22 on: July 6, 2008, 06:46:15 PM »
Hymirl, does that one at cribbs actually have room for gaming tables? I've only ever popped in for paint - it seems.....cosy.

Just about, I don't often play there though on the occasions I do its the lesser populated nights for Battle Fleet Gothic gaming. I prefer playing at the Vangard club where theres more room, and nicer scenery to play on. And no tiresome children squeaking continously...

Incidently, if you're in the bristol area would you like to come to a 40K campaign weekend in august? Two days of friendly team based narrative based gaming for 15 pounds!
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline qwertypp7

« Reply #23 on: July 6, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »
My nearest is Cambridge

Cool same...

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
« Reply #24 on: July 7, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »
I'm not that local to Bristol, I'm in North Devon, but I go up shopping now and again. I may be interested in a campaign, but some other time as we're due a new arrival in early september.

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #25 on: July 7, 2008, 07:25:41 PM »
the new rulebook comes out next week SCO not in sept ;)

hows it all going?
However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline qwertypp7

« Reply #26 on: July 8, 2008, 07:08:58 AM »
the new rulebook comes out next week SCO not in sept ;)

I don't think he is talking about the new rulebook...

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
« Reply #27 on: July 8, 2008, 02:45:19 PM »
I wasn't. New baby tarrin you muppet. You knew that.

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #28 on: July 8, 2008, 09:44:17 PM »
i know sir, but its all about priorities in life.

BRING ON THE D!!!!!

However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline 42

• Cry havoc and let lose the dogs of war
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »
Based in sunny sunny doncatraz (doncaster yokshire) meadowhell and sheffield occasionally and hopefully manchester arndale centre if i get the u ni place.
How the Chimney-sweepers cry 
       Every blackning Church appalls,
       And the hapless Soldiers sigh
        Runs in blood down Palace walls

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 07:13:42 AM »
Bristol, Broadmead is my closest.....but I've managed stuff all gaming since I moved to Bristol so I wouldn't exactly call any of them my "local" in a first name terms, tab behind the bar, kind of a way.
Still keep meaning to come along to the Vanguard, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Dizzy