News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k online Convert An Army Comp (Entrant Thread)  (Read 44264 times)

Offline eek 107

• PROTESF
Re: 40k online Convert An Army Comp (Entrant Thread)
« Reply #20 on: December 2, 2007, 05:09:16 AM »
eek's spot.

project blog

The list (undergoing revision) (finished pics will be posted next to each unit, with links to WIP galleries):

Doctrines: Storm Trooper squads, Iron Discipline

Command Platoon

Mortar Squad - 80pts (WIP Gallery)

Infantry Platoon - 241pts

Command Squad - 75pts
Junior Officer (Iron Discipline)
Lascannon, Vox-caster

Infantry Squad - 83pts (WIP Gallery)
Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher, Vox-caster

Infantry Squad - 83pts

Armoured Fist Squad - 193pts (WIP Gallery)
Chimera (Hull Heavy Bolter, Turret Heavy Bolter, Pintle Heavy Stubber, Rough Terrain Modification, Smoke Launchers, Track Guards)

Storm Trooper Squad - 135pts (WIP Gallery)
Sergeant, 9 Storm Troopers
Meltagun x2, Vox-caster, Infiltrate

The theme shall be a cityfighting Steel Legion army, with as little laser weaponry as possible.

Good luck everyone. :)
« Last Edit: January 7, 2008, 01:05:37 PM by eek 107 »

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
« Reply #21 on: December 2, 2007, 06:07:50 AM »
this space is perserved for the lord of decay muhahahahahahahaha  ;D
oink is a nancy!

Offline Sprog

« Reply #22 on: December 2, 2007, 09:39:34 AM »
Sprogs-Space

Army:Eldar Saim-Hann.
Theme:Eldar Exodites

Autarch   
Laser Lance, Shuriken Pistol, Fusion Gun, Jetbike (Twin-linked Shuriken Catapult), Mandiblasters, Forceshield, Haywire Grenades, Plasma Grenades.
= 140 Points
HQ Points:      140

Guardian Jetbike Squadron
2 Guardian Jetbike (Shuriken Cannon)
4 Guardian Jetbike (Twin-linked Shuriken Catapult)
= 152 Points

Guardian Jetbike Squadron
2 Guardian Jetbike (Shuriken Cannon)
4 Guardian Jetbike (Twin-linked Shuriken Catapult)
= 152 Points
Troops Points:      304

Shining Spears
Shining Spears Exarch Jetbike (Twin-linked Shuriken Catapult), Star Lance, Withdraw.
2 Shining Spears Jetbike (Twin-linked Shuriken Catapult, Laser Lance.
= 157 Points

Swooping Hawk Squad
Swooping Hawk Exarch   Sunrifle, Intercept, Skyleap, Haywire Grenades, Plasma Grenades, Swooping Hawk Grenade Pack.
4 Swooping Hawk         Haywire Grenades, Lasblaster, Plasma Grenades, Swooping Hawk Grenade Pack.
= 152 Points
Fast Attack Points:      309

War Walker Squadron
War Walker    Bright Lance, Scatter Laser, Spirit Stone
= 80 Points
Heavy Support Points:   80

Total Points:      833

Here is my list. Going for the obvious lizard/sauron riding eldar.
I've started preparing the jetbike guardian models and should have some pics up in the next week.
Sometimes it gets dark quickly...

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #23 on: December 2, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »
Question:

Are we to post links or pics?

I imagine that there is a limit to the number of pictures that one post can hold. The number of pictures in the next five months will be quite large.

Army: Eldar

Theme: Croneworld Eldar (Unsure about which chaos deity. Will be included later.)

Anyway, I'm still working on the army list and will post it a little later.

First blood, ehm, pic. I started working on the heads as you can see.

This will be a real challenge, though. I haven't even finished my terrain project (Building Commorragh), yet, and I'm not sure if I should participate in the titan conversion competition.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2007, 09:17:52 AM by tryanotherone »
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline ellobo

• Spammer: Forum Blathermouth
  • Bannin' ain't easy.
« Reply #24 on: December 2, 2007, 02:05:18 PM »
alright, i clame this spot for the person who's doing the best nurgle army, me.

and the general list is:
mounted nurgle lord or sorcerer

about 3 squads of 8 nurgle marines,
predator

CONVERT!
jingle presents, beat the pheasants, reindeer taste like spam, kick an elf, engorge yourself and ambush Santa's van, hey!
viva get fuzzy.

i may have been taged for spamming, but i'm just glad to have a custom title, all i did was make a joke about sm mom's

favorite quote: Upgrayedd, spelled with 2 d's, for a double dose of his pimping

Offline AbuShaitahn

• I don't have a rat thing... I am a rat thing!!
    • Home of my models
« Reply #25 on: December 2, 2007, 02:15:58 PM »
Dis space is mine!  8)

Finally recieved the "last" of the bits I wanted.  Now to start production!!  Will hopefully have some good pics by next weekend (post Xmas!).

List:
Slaaneshy Lord (winged) : Bits collected.  Still trying to decide on some modifications/bits but all the pieces have been assembled. 

2 Squads of Noise Marines
1 Rhino

Depending on points and time, perhaps some Raptors as well. 

« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:33:04 PM by AbuShaitahn »

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #26 on: December 2, 2007, 05:24:09 PM »
Blood Pact

Well it's the Blood Pact for me, a good chance to use up lots of odds an ends in my bits box and do some cool conversion and hopefully a bit of sculpting all into the bargin.

I'm not setting myself out an army list, instead I'm gonna just build what takes my fancy, that will of course include an Infantry Platoon and a Stalk Tank because the concepts just too cool to miss out on.

It's humble begins though, my first step has been to have a hand at sculpting a grotesque which all the Infantry should have - handily they're not to any one design, but all very similar according to the Sabbat Worlds Source Book - a snarling or leering face with a hooked nose and/or chin. They are noted as wearing bowl helmets, which I'll settle on being stripped down cadian helmets for ease of converting.

The best image of a Blood Pact Troopers face is below.

And heres my first attempt at replicating it.

Offline Parak

• Colonel - Best Painted Guard Army
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I like my brick
    • My Blog!
« Reply #27 on: December 2, 2007, 06:34:19 PM »
Some nice beginnings here. Look forward to seeing how all the armies progress.

I'll claim this spot for my own. Im hoping to build up the 40th corps army with this competiton. Hopefully be including some scratch built vehicles, some step guard (Grenadiers), some interesting command figures, and possibly some skittari inspired troopers thrown into the mix as ratlings. Anyway, hoping to get a good start next week.

Im really excited about this competition.

Offline dijit80

• errmmm...I am Bananaman!
    • Crimson Dusk
« Reply #28 on: December 2, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »
well I pitch my tent here and claim this spot... I'm under way I'll have pics soon.

Edit: begun a blog, will post pictures here too though:
http://highland74th.blogspot.com/

Edit2: Well heres my mock ups. I'm redoning the torsos, arms, weapons, heads, really only keeping the legs to be fair...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:51:52 AM by dijit80 »
Crimson Dusk - Sci-fi rules in development, free to download:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Crimsondusk/

74th Scotia Highland Regiment Blog:
http://highland74th.blogspot.com/

Offline Massaen

• Ork Boy
  • Worlds End Radio Host!
« Reply #29 on: December 3, 2007, 02:23:07 AM »
With Lucius already done and 2 mk5 marines finished i am well on the way... Pics when i can find the damn charger...

The stars once lived and died at our hands and yet you still defy us? Foolish Mon Keigh, you are all doomed...

Offline Dark Pariah

• I got an Awful Custom Title for Arguing with a Mod
  • For Volscan! For Blood! For Chaos!
« Reply #30 on: December 3, 2007, 04:23:33 AM »
Question:

Are we to post links or pics?

I imagine that there is a limit to the number of pictures that one post can hold. The number of pictures in the next five months will be quit large.

Valid question.

I would prefer that you dont post links, just to stop cramming the boards full with work for this comp. What you do on other forums is up to you. I know that some entrants have been posting on other forums with their ideas and work to get more CC and that's fine by me. But please no links, post your pics here for us.

If there is a limit to how many pics a single post can hold, the simplest solution would be to make several posts on your progress, or edit out your old pics and put in the new pics.

We (the judges) only need to see WIP photos to show us that you have been converting the required amount for the comp. Each entrant will then have to post final pics of their armies. At that point I will email score sheets to the other judges (currently there is 3 of us, we need more) to assess each individual entrant over several catagories.

So even if I personally dont leave a comment about work being done I will however be checking up on progress within this thread every day, this way I can be sure to keep a close eye on how you are all going.

That is fantastic GS work their Col.Gravis, though I imagine your going to have to replicate that a hell of alot.

Got the "shiny things" in today and at some point during the comp I will post up pics off what they look like so that you all know what it is you fighting converting for.

Dark Pariah
Need advice on a scratch build? PM me, I may be able to help.

Builder of all things chaos- Warhound Titan, Harbinger Bomber, Lord,
Stuff.

Offline eek 107

• PROTESF
« Reply #31 on: December 3, 2007, 10:50:35 AM »
Oooh, shinies! ;D

Drew a few sketches of the Command HQ this afternoon, and I've settled on the theme for the squad.  I took inspiration from the picture in the IG codex of the Steel Legion standard bearer... now I just have to find a way to make a suitable standard.
Anyway, I thought the best idea to go with him would be to have the rest charging out from cover.

Link to sketch (quite a large pic)

I'll use a combination of Cadians and Steel Legion for these chaps.  I had considered Kasrkin, but there's too much to cut off I reckon.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Offline CriscoCommissar, The Valorous Sludge

• Commander in chief of nothing in particular.
« Reply #32 on: December 3, 2007, 04:06:30 PM »
Alright, as promised (if a bit late) heres is my initial crap.

First, my "prototypes":

'Goyders Wrath' (this picture is significantly scrunched so as not to cause the mods any greif. It looks rather chibi here, but I garauntee it is actually very ferocious looking.)

'Peanuts Might'

These are the first two models of my tank company. The first is a Tank Destroyer, mainly built as a starter to see if I could handle a modeling project. With the (IMO) good final results, I moved on to my standard tank pattern. Thats the second tank, a "Brigand" pattern Leman Russ, which will be the pattern all of my other tank will be built on.

Troops, in the form of two grenadier squads, will be based on Cadian models. I'll be extending their coats to the knees, and sculpting additional armour. I already have Kasrkin back packs for them as well. They will use German gasmask heads from WestWind productions, seen here. Finally, I'll be converting all their las guns to a different, local, pattern. The squads will also feature female guardsmen, and I'll show those off when I get them  ;)

Since no grenadier squad in an AC list is complete (or indeed legal) without a transport, I'll be converting those too. I'll build it like a bsic chimera, but trim in those big ol' pontoons about a qaurter inch, and convert it for a rear mounted predator turret. The only problem I see is that it will probably have to forego the las gun ports depending how I do it, but no big loss really.

Moving on, this is the list I will shoot for (and names that are subject to change):

HQ
Exterminator Command Tank- 'Sheepz Fury'

ELITES
DTH- 'Goyders Wrath'

Grenadier Squad w/ chimera- 'Joniks Fist'

Grenadier Squad w/ chimera- 'Spites Will'

TROOPS
LRMBT- 'Peanuts Might'

LRMBT- 'Pax Venger'

HEAVY SUPPORT
Demolisher- 'Rummys Bunny'

Demolisher- unnamed

The two in red are already built an, as per the rules, incur me a 200 point penalty. Even still, I think I have enough points here, though that could vary depending on how I outfit everything. WIP shots as they come  :)

« Last Edit: December 3, 2007, 04:12:51 PM by criscocommissar, messenger of the skillet »
"Degeneracy can be fun, but it's difficult to seriously pursue as a lifetime occupation."- Robert Persig

--3rd platoon (Reapers!), Fox company, 309th--

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #33 on: December 3, 2007, 05:11:11 PM »
I made my first purchases on my army.

So far I have a lord and 16 dark eldar warriors. I still have no idea what I am going to do to them, but once I get some greenstuff I'll figure it out.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
« Reply #34 on: December 3, 2007, 07:39:32 PM »
Valid question.

I would prefer that you dont post links, just to stop cramming the boards full with work for this comp. What you do on other forums is up to you. I know that some entrants have been posting on other forums with their ideas and work to get more CC and that's fine by me. But please no links, post your pics here for us.

If there is a limit to how many pics a single post can hold, the simplest solution would be to make several posts on your progress, or edit out your old pics and put in the new pics.

I'm afraid, as a mod, I'm going to have to renege on that.  If people post links that go directly to pictures, as preference.  It's not something I expect to see too strictly enforced, but this means that you can link to bigger pictures (because picture sizes are limited by board rules), and it also means that people on dial up can do things in their own pace ;)

I know how awesome it would be to have the thread packed with massive pictures of everybodies work, but those of us who aren't in the 21st century won't be appreciating it as much ;)
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Dark Pariah

• I got an Awful Custom Title for Arguing with a Mod
  • For Volscan! For Blood! For Chaos!
« Reply #35 on: December 4, 2007, 12:56:56 AM »
Wise move! Just follow what V said above.
Need advice on a scratch build? PM me, I may be able to help.

Builder of all things chaos- Warhound Titan, Harbinger Bomber, Lord,
Stuff.

« Reply #36 on: December 4, 2007, 06:44:50 AM »
I've got one more question or rather comment.

If we update our posts with new pictures this thread will be on page 20 or so when the competition ends. How will we keep the thread up?

Someone will have to bump it on a regular basis although it think it will rather strange if it is bumped up for 20 or 30 times.

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #37 on: December 4, 2007, 10:33:03 AM »
OK this spot is for my Khorne Army.
HQ
(140) Deamon Prince with Removable Wings and Mark of Khorne. (0% Completed, but purchased)

Troops
(218) 8 Khorne Bezerkers: 1 Plasma Pistols; Skull Champion with Power Weapon and Melta Bomb. (10% Completed)
Parts
1st one Rear View
1st one Front View
     (70) 1 Chaos Rhino: Demonic Possesion and Havoc Launcher. (0% Completed, got most of the parts now.)

(218) 8 Khorne Bezerkers: 1 Plasma Pistol; Skull Champion with Power Weapon and Melta Bomb. (0% Completed, all figures purchased.)
     (70) 1 Chaos Rhino: Demonic Possesion and Havoc Launcher. (0% Completed, assembling Parts.)

Heavy Support
(120) Chaos Predator: Deamonic Possesion and Heavy Bolter Side Sponsons. (65% - Completed)
Rear View
Front/top View

(145) Chaos Predator: Extra Armour and Lascannon Side Sponsons. (80% Completed)
Front View

Totals 981 pts.

Cheers and Happy Gaming.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2008, 12:17:09 PM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #38 on: December 4, 2007, 12:45:26 PM »
ok i have decided to do this as more of a blog type thing showing progress in different posts and it will also keep the board going hehe  ;)

ok first guy done.. no extensive conversions just greenstuff and posing... as conversions get more difficult i will post wips but i didnt think this guy warrented one...

any way please tell me what you think of the skull knee pad.. im still unsure about it

(green stuff under arm has been tidied up since photos)

and here is my desk at the moment

« Reply #39 on: December 5, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »
Ok, I'll post my progress in a new reply. This way the thread will not get lost.

Anyway, I made some new heads for my croneworld eldar. At the moment I have five finished ones and three in progress.

I'm planning for 2x 10 guardians and 10 stormguardians. All will have mutations in one way or the other. Each unit will be lead by a warlock.

There will also be a farseer and an autarch, two units of warpspiders, 1 unit of swooping hawks, 1 unit of banshees and a wraithlord. The wraithlord will be heavily converted. I won some old (incomplete) WL bits on ebay. I haven't figured out the points, yet, but it should carry me above the 750 pts limit (I hope).