News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Dark Angels and Guilliman.... I mean the Lion!  (Read 963 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
1850 Dark Angels and Guilliman.... I mean the Lion!
« on: March 17, 2017, 07:15:36 PM »
So, now that I have a new toy to play with, I want to start getting him into games.  The problem is, though, building an 1850 list while taking such a massive hit in the points.

So here are the first two cracks at the can:

Quote from: List 1
Combined Arms Detachment
Lord of War
Roboute El'Jonson350pts

Librarian:  ML2, Combi-grab.  100pts

Elites
Command Squad:  5 Grav-guns, Sacred Standard, Drop Pod.  235pts

Troops
5 Tactical Marines:  Melta gun, Drop Pod.  115pts

Ravenwing Strike force
HQ
Librarian:  ML2, Bike.  110pts

Fast Attack
4 Ravenwing Black Knights.  160pts

Ravenwing Darkshroud.  80pts

Deathwing Strike Force
HQ
Librarian:  ML2, Terminator Armour.  115pts

Elites
5 Deathwing Terminators:  Sergeant w/ Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield; 3x Storm Bolter & Power Fist; Lightning Claws w/ Cyclone Missile Launcher.  235pts

5 Deathwing Terminators:  Sergeant w/ Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield; 3x Storm Bolter & Power Fist; Lightning Claws w/ Cyclone Missile Launcher.  235pts

Total Points:  1850
Model Count:  36

The first list focuses more on a balanced range support for Guilliman, letting him do most of the heavy lifting in combat.  There is a large number of psykers, ensuring some buffs will be going off.  The Librarian in the Combined arms would be rolling on Divination and joining the Command Squad, where as the other two would likely go on Librarius to aim for rerolling saves and join their respective units.

The second list goes for a much more blunt and straight forward method of play:

Quote from: List 2
Combined Arms Detachment
Lord of War
Roboute El'Jonson350pts

HQ
Ezekiel145pts

Librarian:  ML2, Combi-Grav.  100pts

Elites
Command Squad:  5 Grav-guns, Sacred Standard, Drop Pod.  235pts

Deathwing Command Squad:  Apothecary; Deathwing Champion; 3x Thunder Hammers & Storm Shield w/ Deathwing Company Standard; Land Raider Crusader.  510pts

Troops

Fast Attack
Ravenwing Darkshroud80pts

Heavy Support
7 Devastators:  4 Plasma Cannons.  158pts

Fortification
Haemotrope Reactor40pts

Total Points:  1848
Model Count:  35

As you can see, very different play style.  Effectively it has two Death Stars as the Primarch is a Death Star on his own!  The Librarian again joins the Command Squad with Prescience, and 'Zeke (with Librarius) joins the Deathwing in the Crusader to make it the killing machine I know and love.  To run this, I would have to pick up the Haemotrope, but with the bonuses it gives to that Devastator squad, it's just so tempting!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...