News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153871 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #940 on: April 26, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
There is already a general topic on eighth edition, which includes links to all the new information as it comes out.  It can be found here.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #941 on: May 2, 2017, 11:39:01 AM »
Well, thaaaatsss Niiiiiiicccee!!!! 8)

All that stuff about races to be krumped is good to know, Mork and Gork will be happy. ;D

Now; all we have to do is see how it effects the orks, all the other races are just fun fodder...
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #942 on: May 8, 2017, 11:43:00 PM »
I know they put the temporary or permanent stats out for the morkanaut and talk about impressive.   It was very refreshing to see as they lacked serious useability for their points prior.   Now they are true tanks in their own right.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #943 on: May 10, 2017, 09:22:46 AM »
I am looking forward to the new fight phase: New Warhammer 40,000 – Fight Phase – Warhammer Community

Makes me drool to think about jumping out of trucks and krumping enemies.... ;D

Of course, OD has the copta brigade so his boys will jump out of coptas and krump. Hmmmm, we will have to look at that even more as coptas "might" be faster than trucks (but can they have red paint?) So much to look into... :o
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #944 on: May 12, 2017, 10:39:38 PM »

Ah, with the edition coming out I want a new army to play. Have a bunch of orks I've been collecting for over a year now, some assembled some not. Picked this bad boy up today. Now I have til the new ed drops to assemble and paint up  to play with.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #945 on: May 14, 2017, 07:42:13 AM »
Niiiiice! Your painting style will look magic on that beast, Dread. Can't wait to see.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #946 on: May 14, 2017, 07:51:37 AM »
I'm so jealous. I can't wait to see the type of force you're going to put together (please be a kan wall, please be a kan wall  ::))

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #947 on: May 14, 2017, 08:38:11 AM »
I'm really starting to think this edition will be kind to orks. Kan walls might be really brutal.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #948 on: May 16, 2017, 02:26:18 AM »
Hehe thanks guys. Right now I just have foot sloggers. Painboy, 3 big meks, 2 squads of boys, 1 grots, 1 squad 5 burnas, lootas, flash gitz, 3 kans, a deff dread and some nobz. Soon to add more kans, storm boyz, deff roller and bikes.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #949 on: May 17, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
Since you like the bikes, you are already half way to speed freak...  ;D

May I suggest trucks, lots of trucks for your boys to ride in. (painted red of course)

Sure keep your dreads but only use them in larger games. :o

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #950 on: May 27, 2017, 10:15:02 PM »
I will keep that in mind, thanks. Now to come up with the cash to buy bikers and trucks. I'm actually thinking about digging out some old model trucks and orkifing them. Hmm!

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #951 on: May 29, 2017, 02:46:32 PM »
I think we're gonna need to set up an Orky Build Up event soon.  8th is re-energizing my Orky love to the point that I'm going to be going back to my roots and probably leaving some if not most of my footsloggers in the dust.

What am I talking about?  If you haven't seen the Outrider detachment I highly suggest it.  Because in reading that I know I'm bringing back my Buggy Hell from 3rd Edition.  I don't know how many detachments you can have in an army, but I'm already planning on at MINIMUM 2 of these detachments filled to the brim with my favorite cheap as chips Buggies.  I'm coming back to the Kult of Speed with a hard NEED to build brand new models for a new(ish) army, thinking 12 new buggies (prolly 7 Rokkit, 5 Big Shoota).  Of course if I can take more I will!

If the Buggies get to keep the one thing I liked about the 7th Edition Codex (Outflank), then Buggie Hell will be even better then ever!  Even if they don't get to keep that I can't wait to bring back gobs of buggy death zipping up and down the table.  Not sure about what I'll do for HQ, I'm guessing the Warboss Bike Bomb or depending on the rules some SAG Meks.

And who knows, if they bring back Ork Outriders (slightly cheaper Ork Bikers without ranged weapons), then I'll truly be in KoS Heaven! Already know how I want to konvert them if they ever come back (Ork rider atop a Nid Hormagaunt whose been heavily customized into a living Harley Davidson).

Hurry up June, I want those rules so I can figure out exactly what I want and build it!

Peace
~OD

Post Script:
Of course, OD has the copta brigade so his boys will jump out of coptas and krump. Hmmmm, we will have to look at that even more as coptas "might" be faster than trucks (but can they have red paint?) So much to look into... :o
I never did finish those Warkopta transports I was planning because I could never get conclusive on if they counted as Flyers like the Skies of Death Forgeworld FAQ implied or if they remained Skimmers.  Even if they don't get the Flyer treatment, I'll be building those up as an alternative to Trukks, thanks for the reminder!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 02:51:56 PM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #952 on: June 10, 2017, 07:44:12 PM »
Everything so far has gotten me pretty excited about 8th edition... I'm hoping we see some good things for orks and the game in general. I was a really dedicated player who really, really loved my orks and the game in general... but 7th just ruined 40k for me to the point where I quit playing... I'm hoping for some good things...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #953 on: June 21, 2017, 12:41:28 AM »
The rules are out (now sit down before you read the next part)

And Free! (See why I told you to sit!!!)
https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer-40k-Battle-Primer-English.pdf

Of course, not the rules for each army, but just the core rules.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #954 on: June 21, 2017, 09:39:16 PM »
Great... Thanks... Now just need Xenos II! :)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #955 on: June 21, 2017, 11:09:36 PM »
Make sure to check out my thread about speed freaks.

The New Speed Freak List and Tactiks...

It is a work in progress, as much still needs to be worked out to produce a viable speed freak list. Sure could use some suggestions.... (did I say that out loud?) (No, I typed it.... ::) )

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #956 on: June 22, 2017, 06:31:23 PM »
Already did Skeet... I'm personally dying to get to my store and get Xenos II... Since you posted the core rules, I'm reading them and wondering how orks fit in... :) Regardless, I'm going to dust off the greenskins and krump some people...

My local store is having a tourney this Saturday. If I had the codex I could make a list and participate. Unfortunately I can't make it to the store till this weekend and the army builder I found online only does level, not points, which the tourney is using...

I might try to head up their Saturday and watch for a while to get a feel for the other armies in 8th. My local store has some great players and they really do a wonderful job painting their miniatures... It's fun to see... :)

Adam

Edit: Ya, I figured out how to switch to points on the army builder... So I'm gonna try to make it to the store this sat for the Tourney... I'll pick up Xenos II there, but it saves me the trip in advance to get a list ready!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:56:05 PM by adamscurr »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #957 on: August 16, 2017, 10:59:35 PM »
Well, I couldn't wait for OD to start a new modeling contest so I made an ork big mek on a looted bike.

Ork Looted Bike

If OD or AOD007 don't show soon, I might just have to run a contest come Orktober. If so get your bits lined up cuz we will start without them.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #958 on: August 18, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »
I thought I heard my name in the distance.  I have been watching some bat reps for 8th and playing a little bit of the dark imperium and I will say I like 8th.   Yes I am hoping we can get organized to do some sort of event for Orktober again.   I am at a rental house until my house is built so i don't have access to my ork projects but I will say I will be happy to help out.  Once my house is built I will have a dedicated gaming room

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #959 on: September 20, 2017, 09:55:23 AM »
Alllllllritghty then, Orktober is just around the corner, so that means a contest. I was thinking of running a looted contest.

Sure, GW has done away with the looted wagon, but, we orks can still loot stuff for our own use. Like my latest big mek on bike Ork Looted Bike

Let me know what you think and I will get started on the knowwhats and whatnots, and try to con some mods into being judges  ;)