News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 pt mech eldar list  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Dunedain

• Distance..out of reach...just a hair's breath away
1500 pt mech eldar list
« on: May 10, 2009, 12:35:26 PM »
A while ago i posted a 1000 pt list, which i've been playing a few games with. Now, i'm expanding the army to 1500pts.

The 1500 pt list

Farseer Maera (Eldrad)
                                210 pts
Autarch Aeirling (Yriel)
                                  155 pts
9 Howling banshees
Exarch with executioner, war shout, acrobatic
                                                                      176 pts
Wave serpent
Spirit stones, twin linked EML
                                                   130 pts
6 Fire dragons
Exarch with fire pike, crack shot
                                                       121 pts
Wave serpent
Twin linked bright lances, spirit stones
                                                           145 pts
10 Dire Avengers
Exarch with dual avenger shuriken catapults, bladestorm
                                                                                     152 pts
6 dire avengers
Exarch with dual shuriken catapults
                                                         87 pts

Wave serpent
Twin linked bright lances, spirit stones
                                                            145 pts
Falcon
EML, spirit stones, holo-fields
                                                     180 pts

1493 pts total

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:44:29 AM by Dunedain »
We passed upon the stairs. He spoke of was and when. Although i wasn't there, he said i was his friend. which came as a surprise

I spoke into his eyes "I thought you died alone, a long long time ago."

He laughed "Oh no, not me, we never lost control, you're face to face, with the man who sold the world"

Quote from: Warfare;45947
Thank you Captain Politically Correct.
To survive in this world, one must be as mad as a hatter...thankfully, i am

I will kill the pedobears.All of them. Forever

Offline Thalandir

• Adam's Myspace
Re: 1500 pt eldar list
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 04:33:31 PM »
It's only adding up to 1414 by my calculations...and there's only one troops choice, so I'm assuming that you've forgotten to post a troops choice, and seeing as how it's only 86 points I'm assuming a jetbike squad or something.

Post the missing bits and I'll critique it for you  ;D

~Thal
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 04:42:55 PM by Thalandir; Clumsy Farseer »

Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing, 'Hallelujah'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine...

Offline Dunedain

Re: 1500 pt eldar list
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:45:50 PM »
I forgot the second dire avenger squad
We passed upon the stairs. He spoke of was and when. Although i wasn't there, he said i was his friend. which came as a surprise

He laughed "Oh no, not me, we never lost control, you're face to face, with the man who sold the world"

Offline Thalandir

• Adam's Myspace
Re: 1500 pt mech eldar list
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 08:37:20 AM »
I'm probably not the best at reviewing mech lists, but I'll do my best anyway.

I can only imagine that Maera and Aeirling will be joining the Banshee squad - if so, this is going to be an extreme case of putting all of your eggs in one basket. Be aware of that, as the list is set to fail if the enemy get a lucky shot off and take down the Transport and kill off the uber squad.

Scoring Falcon seems like a cool idea, I've heard that it works quite well, though the Exarch and his upgrades in the small squad seem kinda redundant - I can't imagine them getting out unless the Falcon gets destroyed, and in that case they're dead anyway (probably).

An idea might be to ditch the 6th Avenger from the small squad (as well as the exarch) and get rid of the Fire Dragons Exarch (including the Fire Pike and Crack shot - IMO, both are kinda redundant. The only reason you might want an Exarch is if you're interested in the Tank Hunters power - that means they'll have 1+ on the penetration roll and 1+ on the damage table (AP 1).
Then, change the Banshees to a Seer Council. As an all-comers list, Warlocks may be a more favourable choice - Eldard makes them nigh-invincible with Fortune, although you may wish to downgrade him to a FortuneSeer to get more points on other things.

Overall, it's an OK list, but it could definitely use some improvements.

Anti-tank seems to be a little over the top, as you've got Twin Brightlances/EMLs left, right and centre in addition to a Fire Dragon squad, but where's the horde control or anti-meq (aside from the Banshees).

It could have potential, though a play test might be the most effective way of seeing how it will go.

Consider my advice about the Council, unless you're adamant about Banshees. In my experience, they only cut it in a list if you know you're fighting marines - against Hordes, they get crumped. You might want to even consider Scorpions if the Council puts you off, as you're giving up fleet because of Eldrad anyway, so I assume that it isn't vital to the strategy.

Hope I helped.

~Thal

Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing, 'Hallelujah'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine...

Offline Dunedain

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 09:01:35 AM »
I definitely agree about putting both aeirling and Maera in the same place, as it could leave me vulnerable. For this reason, i was considering putting Maera with the large avenger squad sometimes, especially in dawn of war deployment missions.

I put the exarch on the avenger squad because in 1k games, the avengers fill a very shooty role. Naturally, the larger squad will be doing most of the shooting now, but i had the points and saw no real reason why i should remove him.

Dragon exarch because he has higher BS and WS, longer range on the fire pike (Good for taking out stubborn special characters as well as tanks), and with crack shot he ignores cover saves. Plus, he's cool.

However, i was considering taking one dragon off the squad and giving the exarch tank hunters.

I've play tested the banshees and they were awesome. I think i'll keep them for now.

Thanks!

Offline dahli.llama

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
    • Meandering the Dune Sea
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 10:24:54 AM »
With the Fire Dragon exarch, with the Pike, both powers are a little underwhelming.  Ignoring a single cover save really isn't worth it.  Crack shot is much better when paired with the flamer so you can re-roll those wounds.  Tank Hunters isn't worth it either, since you will typically be rolling two dice to penetrate and that extra +1 is rarely worth it.

For the banshees, I would drop the War Shout.  It's not going to matter much and the points are better spent elsewhere.

Drop the Exarch from the small Avenger squad.  They should stay in the Falcon 99% of the time, so he is just wasted points.

The extra points could be used to add a naked Fire Prism, and if you shrank the Banshee squad by 1-2 and dropped the Lances off of one of the Serpents, you might be able squeeze in another Prism, while would give you some needed any horde tools and more tanks for your enemy to deal with.
Eldar Record: 16-9-3

Battle reports, painting and more at Meandering the Dune Sea

Offline Dunedain

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 02:40:09 PM »
I don't really like fire prisms (Would much rather have scatter laser wielding war walkers, which i plan to field at 1750 pts)

People often say the avenger exarch is wasted points, but i disagree. He has been extremely efficient in many of the games i've played, and since he' only a 17 point upgrade on a normal dire avenger, he's not that expensive.

Not to fond of dragons breath flamer. 

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »
You want a rating or suggestions on usage and configurations.

Overall though, I could use it, and it looks good and fun.

CaHG
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Dunedain

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 05:48:34 PM »
You want a rating or suggestions on usage and configurations.

Sure.

the 1k level of this army is alot of fun, so i hope that the 1500 will be the same way.

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 07:22:47 AM »
The 1500 pt list

Farseer Maera (Eldrad)  210 pts
Autarch Aeirling (Yriel)   155 pts

9 Howling banshees: Exarch with executioner, war shout, acrobatic  176 pts
     Wave serpent: Spirit stones, twin linked EML    130 pts
6 Fire dragons: Exarch with fire pike, crack shot   121 pts
     Wave serpent: Twin linked bright lances, spirit stones   145 pts

10 Dire Avengers: Exarch with dual avenger shuriken catapults, bladestorm  152 pts
     Wave serpent: Twin linked bright lances, spirit stones   145 pts
6 dire avengers: Exarch with dual shuriken catapults     87 pts

Falcon: EML, spirit stones, holo-fields   180 pts

1493 pts total

moc-score

1.. Anti-tank potential Two TL-BL's, a TL-EML, Pulse, EML, Fire Dragons, and the characters all add to the AT potential.. its not 100% throughout but its Good 0.8
2.. Anti-MEQ potential Charcters, mass fire, FD's, and the vehicles all have AM potential, again its not 100% dedicated, but its Good 0.8
3.. Anti-Horde potential OK, not to many flamers or templates, and some of the shooting can be iffy... its still decent overall; but it can be improved a little too (minimal squad of DA is not great).. Overall though its still a little Above Average 0.7
4.. Ranged Firepower potential Nice vehicle supprt with the range, and the mobility will help, even DA have decent mid range.. It could certainly be better than it is; but that would change the dynamics, so overall I think its about Average 0.6
5.. Assault potential Where... the Characters are good, oopos missed the Banshees, wel not really... they have good punch but can tend to be "One hit Wonders" so their usage must be precise... I do think it could be improved overall so at present its just Average 0.6
6.. Scoring Units / point level 2 Scoring units and 4 chances to contest are decent... although I think that the DA are a little soft to retain ground, so their usage is key... Overall though its about Average as its late game potential can make up for its deficits 0.6
7.. Durability or Resilience Stay in the skimmers and your safer; but if they start to fail, then the Banshees, minimal DA, and even the full squad of DA are just not that resilient. I see potential to last, but I also see potential to fail hard... thus its just average 0.6
8.. Flexability Its a Mech Reserve list, that should use the reserve option and divination to its advantage allowing it to Flank Rush, or refuse Flank, or Pincer, or mobile snipe as needed... so its more than flexible, in fact I would be hard press to make it much more flexible and score it as Very Good 0.9
9.. Mission Capabiliy It has all the bases covered as it only gives up 10 KP's and certainly can preform in any mission or deployment (regardless of terrain)... once again I see huge potential and very little to improve so I think its Very Good 0.9
10. Dynamics and/or Theme Mech Reserve has not theme, add Charaters (two named ones at that) and I would say its purely built to off set the 5th Ed tournie scene and the most current codexes... Its synergy is good alhtough it could use a few minor tweeks So even though it could be classed as a bit of a "Power Gamers" theme I would still say its good as winning is still part of the Fun... Good 0.8

Rating = 7.2/10

CaHG
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:43:31 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Dunedain

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 09:19:13 AM »
Thanks!

Yeah, i tried to make my anti tank as good as possible, since alot of my opponents are space marines with lots of tanks and dreadnoughts.