News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Wildriders call to arms, Saim-Hann Campaign notes  (Read 13550 times)

Offline IGBunker (-Hela - Finnail-)

• Ork Boy | Infinity Circuit
  • Fear not the death Brothers.forshe is old and slow
Re: The Wildriders call to arms, Saim-Hann Campaign notes
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 10:16:01 PM »
Igbunker / Arith Karun-Khaine "The Red Scouts Of Khaine"

W/L/D

HQ, 22%
(123) Farseer – 1:  Jet bike, mind war, Runes of Warding, singing spear
(205) Fuegan – 1: 

Elites, 5%
(80) Fire dragons – 5:

Troops, 43%
(139) Jet bike squad - 4: Jetbike Warlock, Enhance, Singing Spear , and 1 Shuri-cannon.
(139) Jet bike squad - 4: Jetbike Warlock, Enhance, Singing Spear , and 1 Shuri-cannon.
(129) Dires Avengers - 6: - Exarch, power weapon & shimmershield, Blade storm and Defend.
(168) Pathfinders - 7

Fast Attack, 9%
(70) Vyper – 1: Scatterlasar and Shuri-cannon
(75) Vyper – 1: Bright Lance

Heavy Support, 24%
(185) falcon – 1: Pulse, shuri-cannon, cat,  holo feilds, S-stones, and V-engines
(185) falcon – 1: Pulse, shuri-cannon,  cat, holo feilds, S-stones, and V-engines

Total- 1498, 9 Scoring Units, 32 Figures.

This clan of Wild Riders once populated an entire world now called "Lorax IV" by the imperials, but most were killed in brutal battles with Slaanesh. After the "Fall" the clan became wanderours, without a home, and looking to avenge their losses from the Slaanesh; these Eldar roamed the galaxy destroying any form of Slaanesh they could find. The Farseer of the Arith Karun-Khaine learned of an Eldar super weapon that lays dorment beneath the surface of "Lorax IV" but the Slaanesh have also learned of this weapons whereabouts. As the imperials try and fight off the Chaos invaders a new power comes to tip the balance, and assert their own Domence over the "Mon-Kiegh", the Wild Riders of Siam-Hann.

Sound Ok??
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 11:58:43 AM by igbunker »
Guant "Men on tanith do you wish to live forever!?!"

Formaly and now know as Hela- Finnail

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)
Guard armoured company- 1-0-0

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 06:59:41 AM »
Remove your Points total..... That is not to be shown openly thank you.

I re-wrote a little of you story, check it out.

This clan of Wild Riders once populated an entire world now called "Lorax IV" by the imperials, but most were killed in brutal battles with Slaanesh. After the "Fall" the clan became wanderours, without a home, and looking to avenge their losses from the Slaanesh; these Eldar roamed the galaxy destroying any form of Slaanesh they could find. The Farseer of the Arith Karun-Khaine learned of an Eldar super weapon that lays dorment beneath the surface of "Lorax IV" but the Slaanesh have also learned of this weapons whereabouts. As the imperials try and fight off the Chaos invaders a new power comes to tip the balance, and assert their own Domence over the "Mon-Kiegh", the Wild Riders of Siam-Hann.

Anyway, I will re-set the link to your list and fix the name.... as it looks good and I hope you start to get more games in.

CaHG
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 12:05:04 PM »
Remove your Points total..... That is not to be shown openly thank you.

Done, Sorry about that.

I love the story you wrote, it flows alot better then mine soooooo i stole it  ;D ;). Hope you dont mind :D

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
Looking good and you are free to use anything that I write for you, especially when the original concept was yours anyway.

CaHG

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #44 on: February 1, 2008, 06:45:21 PM »

moc065 / "Saim-Lucster's Clan"  Holders of the Secrets ** indicates units removed for 1k Games

HQ -  16.9%
(130) ** Autarch -1; "Saim-Lucster" Holder of Secrets with Jetbike, Laserlance, and Fusion gun.
Used for Combined Assault with the Shinging Spears and for Anti-tank.
(123) Farseer – 1; "Saim-Lir" Hand of Secrets with Jetbike, Mindwar, Runes of Warding and Singing Spear.
Psycher suppresion and pure Support

Elite - 7.5%
(113) Fire Dragons - 6; "Man-Kian" Fiery Death (Exarch) with Dragons Breath Flamer and Crackshot.
Anti-tank and for Tough infantry

Troop - 15.5%
(76) Jetbikes - 3; 1 Shuriken Cannon.
Harrasment, Herding and VP Denial
(156) Jetbikes's – 5; "Jaiz-till" Storm Slayer (Jetbike Warlock) with Singing Spear and Destructor, and 1 Shuriken Cannon.
General Versatility as well as added Anti-tank

Fast Attack - 35.6%
(187) ** Shining Spears - 4; "Shad-Rillie" Glittering Spear (Exarch) with Skilled Rider and Withdraw.
Didicated Assault
(174) Warp Spider's - 6; "Larstill-Istu" Silent-Blade (Exarch) with Extra Death Spinner, Power Blades, and Withdraw.
Firepower and resilience
(173) Swooping Hawks - 6: "Larstill-Mair" Swift-Blade (Exarch) with Sunrifle, Intercept, and Skyleap
Anti-tank, Mobile Sniping and VP Denial

Heavy Support - 24.3%
(185) Falcon - 1; Pulselaser, Shuri-cannon, Shuri-cat, Holo-Fields, Spirit-Stones, and Vectored-Engines.
Transport and some Firepower
(180) ** Fireprism - 1; Prismcannon, Holo-Fields, Spirit-Stones, and Vectored-Engines.
Firepower and VP Denial

1497:  8 Scoring units, 34 Figures.

Stats: Games Played=4     Win=4     Loss=0     Draw=0 

The list is designed to showcase a number of different units that all have speed as their primary asset; and can work together to exploit synergy through firepower and/or assault punch. This is a very subversive army when played correctly, the key is to set up in a manner that allows coordination of the units later on while affording early protection. The next stage is to gain table control through selective movement and prioty target elimination, without incuring casualties, as casualty conservation is its number one priority. Once tabel control is established enemy units are dealt with though isolation tacitcs of devide and conquer through shear wheight of firepower and assault punch, or through use of Hit and Run style attacks to attrition an enemy out. Finally the army uses its speed to have the units always support each other through the task until the Mission Objective can be clearly assertained. 

OK, just to give the list a Scoring as to its overall potential for success with the folowing in mind.
1..     Anti-tank -- Every unit actually has some some Anti-tank potential and at least 50% of that would be considered viable. -- Good (.9)
2..     Anti-MEQ -- It does have limited AP=3 (FD's, Prism, Falcon) but it also makes use of things like multiple Power Weapons, MindWar, etc. -- Above Average (.7)
3..     Anti-Horde -- With the amount of shooting and the speed combined I would say that it deffinately has Crowd Control options. -- Average (.6)
4..     Ranged Firepower -- Few of the really good guns are also long ranged but it does have a few options. -- Average (.6)
5..     Assault -- With only 1 dedicated assault squad and a few that can have supporting roles I think this is there the list could suffer the most. -- Slightly Below Average (.5)
6..     Scoring Units -- 8 decently sized Scoring units is pretty good at 1.5K, especially considering the speed and VP Denial potential off hose units. -- Good (.9)
7..     Durability -- With most of the army having t=4, and 3+ saves or decent armour I would say that it is durable. -- Good (.9)
8..     Flexability -- Due to the synergy of the different units its strongest points is probably the ability to react to any given situation. Excellent (1)
9..     Mission Capabiliy -- With the use of the Autrach the entire list becomes much more Mission ready regardless of the scenerio. Good (.9)
10..    Overall Dynamics and Theme -- Very Saim-Hann, and very capable of having any unit function on its own, or in combo's, with multiple roles. Excellent (1)

Overall Score -- 8/10 Others may score it differently. As igbunker gave it 8.5 (its won 4 straight games as well) and I am waiting for comments form others ... If you like I will rate all of the final lists in this thread for a project I am involved in; just let me know. OK

CaHG
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:21:39 PM by moc065 »

« Reply #45 on: February 2, 2008, 11:30:30 AM »
your list seems very soild to me, id live it a 8.5 out a 10.

If you get a chance id like you ro honestly rate mine please, id like to see how it could fair.

Thanks in advance

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #46 on: February 4, 2008, 08:52:20 AM »
Week 4 is done (updates are made) and well done to all those that played.

We are still running in second place behind Iyanden so we need a couple big pushes to get us back to being the "Spearhead" of this campaign. This weeks mission could prove to be tricky but many of our 1.5K lists are decent for both Gamma and Omega, so think about hte potential of your list and the opponent you have while your deciding on the varient Mission you do.

I will be playing it safe witth Gamma and probably runing a 1K varient as I have a better chance to get a Massacre and possibly the "no enemy Scoring Units left" bonus; but game day will decide for sure as different opponents do differently against me (general - not list wise).

Good luck to all this week and well done so far.

CaHG

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #47 on: February 4, 2008, 09:12:20 AM »
   You seems to have done well this week, congrats! You probably aren't very far behind us, looking at your batreps and getting three games for our own two.
   Should the trend stay as it is (and it may well be as I won't be able to game this week due to 'real life' interference) you may well get back in first place soon enough.
   We Iyanden may well have some advantage at the 1000K range in this mission at Omega level but escalation isn't that bad for you either with that bunch of Autarch and their sister you are fielding! :D

Continue the good work and may Lady Isha smile upon your hardships.

Eldar glory will rise again!

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 09:27:49 AM »
Week 6 is up guys so please take a look (go to page one and read the updates all around), and think about how you want to play your game this week, as it could be a tricky one.

Congratulations to those that played last week, as their efforts ahve put us back into the "Lead" position in our quest for the Artifact. igbunker and SeekingOne both had great success putting many of the Daemons under the knife; Well done to you two especially. I too played a small part, but my reckless set-up almost gave the Great Enemy an easy victory, I misjudged a distance that cost me my Fireprism on the firt turn of the game, and the Swooping Hawks went down after needlessly assaulting a Rhino (they almost got wiped out from its destruction, and what was left had no effect on the game). The rest of my forces pulled through (1150/1500); but the lessen stands to all that follow. "Over-aggressive tactics are not the true way of the Saim-Hann" And thus I caution you all, plan your battle stratagies and tactics, and don't let the promise of an easy victory lull you into underestimating your enemy. (BatRep will be PM'ed out when I get the chance; but I am not proud of this one, as I almost blew it right off the bat).

CaHG

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 09:37:27 AM »
(BatRep will be PM'ed out when I get the chance; but I am not proud of this one, as I almost blew it right off the bat).

CaHG

This will probably make the report a really informative and educative one. As a famous chess-player of old (I think it was José Raúl Capablanca) said, 'One game that you lose teaches you more than a hundred games that you win". So please write that report, so that we aspiring Saim-Hann wild riders can learn from it :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 09:40:30 AM by SeekingOne »
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 10:12:09 AM »
   Well done this week Saim-Hann!

You took back the lead position and congrats on that, but know that we are on your heels, ready to support your advance should your speed and lightning strikes falter on the deamonic defenses! ;)

Good luck to you all.

Eldar shall prevail!

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 04:11:33 PM »
well done all!!
Good job SeekingOne, you have a very good game and snagged use a few more points!
Hey MOC dont worry about it, you got us a few points and in the end 1 or 2 points could be the diffrence between 1st and 2nd. Dont get on your self to much about it, it was a big learning experience not for you but newbies like my self can learn alot from it also.

CONGRADZ ALL

Fear Not death for she is old and slow my saim hann brothers!!

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 11:14:27 AM »
My opponent just e-mailed me and I will infact be doing a 1K game (for him atleast) as he is willing; that puts me giving up at least 30pts to him; but I think I can handle it.... Now I want to know how you guys plan to deal with a "Dug in" enemy, as I think my best move may be to try the 2nd turn assault with my Autarch/Spears and then keep using "Withdraw" to drive them into seperate units until they are dead or the enemy is gone. Al the meanwhile trying to pot-shot with the rest of my forces or rush in as opportunities arise.... This will be a seriously squeeky game for me though, as my stuff is not really resilient enough to play as aggressively as I may require. Anyone with some ideas on this mission (stratagy wise) feel free to jump in as I will be playing tomorrow or Friday and its been a while since I saw anything like this.

OK, so now you know, because I am playing the modified FOC list suggested in the mission and I will be the Attacker (as usual) I am getting this bonus CP at least; the rest of my plan is to stick to the mission objectives and hope for enough VP Denial, to out point the Git. Let me know if your going for the Altered FOS so that I can make sure we get those CP's added to my Summary to Gutstikk on Sunday Night.

CaHG

Offline Volo

• Pada-mod Learner / Infinity Circuit
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2008, 08:10:53 PM »
Since he is dug in like that, I would do exactly what you stated as in taking pot shots and assault in, but I would concentrate on one unit/bunker at a time. Preferably on one flank or the other, so that you limit range and LOS from the other side of the table and can engage him when you are ready to (especially since you can't afford to take a huge beating). You can play aggressively and not recklessly (although I do both, as I feel that is in the spirit of Saim Hann from what I have read of the fluff).

EDIT: In addition, if you focus your fire on one bunker at a time, you should have the speed (I'd sure hope so) to make it across to the other bunkers as you need to in the number of turns you have. That is generally the biggest drawback to the tactic I listed. His only real choice to counter it is to abandon the bunkers to close you in. The problem is, its very hard to box Saim Hann in, and that leaves him exposed.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:13:36 PM by Volo »
Eldar ~6000pts
Space Wolves- Black Claw Company, 6,000pts
Saim Hann- ~2000pts and slowly converting over my vanilla Eldar army.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2008, 02:36:18 PM »
OK, the site being down abvioulsy puts a new twist on things... So anyone who has not gotten their week Six game report to me has to do so As Soon As Posible.  Week 7 mission is up and you can play; but the mission time will be extended somewhat to allow for things to get sorted out...If you have already played, you can keep your stats or play another game (your Choice).

Other than that, in the spirit of competition my next opponent and I have traded Army lists in Advance..... I am pretty decent with most things; but any one that has any ideas for playing against Dark Eldar (I know they are getting rare) feel free to throw in your comments. Oh and anything and everything helps so don't assume that I know anything at all. Here is his intended list (Hell I don't even know if its legal).

HQ (24.8%)
Archon - Agonizer, Shadow Field, Splinter pistol, Plasma grenades, Grusome Tailsman --- 110
Retinue - (6 Incubi, 2 Warriors) - 2 Splinter cannons, plasma grenades, Raider with disintegrator --- 262

Elites (33.4%)
Wyches (10) - Succubus with agonizer, Wych Weapons, Plasma Grenades, Raider with Disintegrator --- 228
Wyches (10) - Succubus with agonizer, Wych Weapons, Haywire Grenades, Shedder, Blaster, Raider with Disintegrator --- 273

Troops (23%)
Warrior Squad (10) - 2 Dark Lances --- 100
Warrior Squad (10) - 2 Dark Lances --- 100
Warrior Squad (15) - 2 Splinter Cannons, Blaster --- 145

Fast (12.1%)
Reaver Jetbikes (5) - Succubus with Agonizer, 2 Blasters --- 181

Heavy (6.7%)
Talos --- 100

1499 - 73 Models

My plan is to avoid the LOS from his Dark lances as much as possible, while downing his 3 Raiders, and maybe the Talos.... The reavers don't scare me too much as I think I can actually take them in HtH with the Autarch & Spears or just shoot them as they approach. My Hawks will have limited use in this game; but their Hawk Grenades (skyleaping) may actually be a viable tactic. Obviously the Wyches and HQ dudes are the CC nasties so I will try to focus shooting on them while assaulting his softer stuff. The trick will be to actually plow through him and get the Artifact off the table while taking him out.. So like I said, any and all suggestions, ideas, even just what youve seen or heard of would help (even if it sounds crazy).

CaHG

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 03:22:32 PM »
Couldn't resist -
Don't consider things like you are carrying the artifact.
Instead, look at the mission as though one of the factions of your POC is holding the artifact, and you are clearing enemy from in front and behind as your warhost attempts to escape the Crone World along with the rest of your POC.

Of course you would not leave the particular group carrying the artifact vulnerable to attack... imagine they are at the center of a battlegroup with your teammates on all sides shielding them from the demons.

This is why it is necessary to clear the fortification zone, so that those Eldar at the center of your formation, who are protected somewhat from the demons, do not become vulnerable to attack as they escape.

Offline deathwishjoe

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 03:36:26 PM »
Im not familiar with this missions objectives however I am familiar with both these types of armies.  As the Saim hann player I suggest you deploy as far back as possible.  with the right drug rolls the wyches can charge 27-32 inches depending on fleet of foot roles. 

he hasn't payed for any screaming jets so the raiders wont be deepstriking which means if there not behind cover take first turn if at all possible.  your success in this game will depend on wether or not the raider units get into CC. 

the RJB shouldnt be too much of a problem for you as you are or resiliant then they are and should be able to counter with ethe rmore bodies into CC or a dedicated CC unit.

ignore the talos.  it has a lame gun thats only marginalyl effective against hordes.  its pretty solid in CC however because of the speed it will never reach it.  its alot like a weaker wraithlord with out a heavy weapon.  there to take hits and its best to ignore.

Your target priorities should be:
1.  any wyche squad which rolls for beast movement with the combat drugs.
2.  HQ raider
3.  non beast movement wyche raider
4.  reaver jetboke squadron just so you can block him in and cripple his last bit of maneuverability. 
5.  the dark lance sniper squads

Because they will probably die fairly quickly and have a bit of a punch the dark lance sniper squads may be moved up depending out how hard they're hitting you.  if you can get the first 3 targets taken care of (immobilized) by the first and possible second turn then you should win easily. 

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 05:19:35 PM »
Hey, I totally forgot that those sneeky Gits could move 12" in their "Open Topped" Raiders, then dis-embark 2", Move - fleet - assault... so Thanks for the reminder.... I will definately steal first turn against any enemy that is fast, but good reminder to others, as was the note on Set-up... My army is very subversive so its normall for me to "Hang way back" in the beginning; but once again a graet reminder.

I also think you hit the Target Priority right on the head (pretty well what I was going with as posted above) but thanks once again as its good to get some confermation from others.... Hit the Wyches in Raiders, then the HQ, and finally work on his Reavers and Infantry squads. One last note though, when we review the Altered FOC, I will allow my Opponent to decide if we use it or not, so it could have some effect on the game as well; any thoughts on this? 

Well thanks for the comments as my general tactics combined with your insight easily won me the game (summary on page 1 of this thread in the appropriate place). Sorry I cannot divulge the specifics to you as yet.... But lets just say that if you down a Raider, shoot and assault its occupants, there is little the Dark Eldar can do in response..... Oh and Shining Spears Str=6 Power Weapons go through Dark Eldar like a Hot Knife through Butter.

The stats for week 6 are up and mission 7 is in full swing.... Saim-Hann is "Spearheading" the capture of the Artifact and the subsequent Withdrawel while Alaitoc, Iyanden, Beil-Tan, Ulthwe, and Eldar online (in that order) are going through to ensure as amny Daemons are put down and as many Eldar escape as possible. Good luck to all in this final week, and please get me the Reports as soon as you can.

CaHG
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:24:45 PM by moc065 »

Offline frosteldar

• Infinity Circuit
  • Winter is coming, the Frost Eldar are here..
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2008, 11:24:18 AM »
I just wanted to post my thoughts of the campaign now that I've finished the final scenario.  I think this campaign rocked!  I love story-based campaigns and this one had it all.  Gutstikk had excellent storyline (including perfect explanations for differing opponents due to the demons), interesting scenarios and objectives (campaign point options), forcing me to try out a fluff-driven list with units I was unfamiliar with, cool drawings, and the campaign was well-run (other than a small hiccup due to site being down).  I can't actually express how well I thought this all went and I would definitely love to participate in another one! 
Frost Eldar of Icewind Craftworld

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2008, 12:05:22 PM »
At the end of this campaign week I'll be opening up the main thread [the one where I post the missions] so that everyone can discuss stuff; hope to see you comment in there as well!