News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 Point Tau, First Attempt...  (Read 489 times)

Offline Háwk;;

• I <3 Witchblades :D
1000 Point Tau, First Attempt...
« on: January 27, 2008, 12:51:02 PM »
I've always liked Tau... and spontaneously decided to make a small Tau Force to get me back into 40k. First crack at a Tau list, please rip it to pieces  ;D

HQ - Shas’El  - Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Targeting Array, HW Multi-Tracker,  Stimulant Injector - 107

Elites - Crisis - Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi Tracker - 62
          - Crisis - Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi Tracker - 62

Troops -  Fire Warriors x10, Shas’ui with Bonding Knife, Devilfish with Decoy Launchers - 200
            -  Fire Warriors x10, Shas’ui with Bonding Knife, Devilfish with Decoy Launchers - 200
(Both units have Pulse Rifles)

Fast Attack - Piranha with Fusion Blaster - 65
                   - Gun Drones x5 - 60

Heavy Support - Sniper Drone Team - 80
                        - Hammerhead - Railgun, Smart Missile System, Decoy Launchers - 165

Total - 1001

One more question though, would the Crisis Suits be better in one unit, or acting serperately, as they are now?
Edit - Forgot to mention Fire Warrior Weapons.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 12:53:46 PM by Háwk;; »
'When we do something Right, Noone Remembers. When we do something Wrong, Noone Forgets.'

Offline Derikari

• I Brake for Kroot
  • I gots a title! ... I don't get it.
Re: 1000 Point Tau, First Attempt...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 01:14:30 PM »
HQ - Shas’El  - Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Targeting Array, HW Multi-Tracker,  Stimulant Injector – 107

Drop the stims, he has independent character status and JSJ to protect him, most of the time he will be unshootable.

- Hammerhead - Railgun, Smart Missile System, Decoy Launchers – 165

Multi-tracker, so you can take advantage of its mobility and shoot while getting SMF, and a target lock so you don’t waste a weapon, especially since you paid extra for SMS.

One more question though, would the Crisis Suits be better in one unit, or acting serperately, as they are now?

Seporate! Always best separate when possible, otherwise smaller teams. Keep teams the same or similar config though. There’s little point teaming a twin-linked fusion guy with a twin-linked missile pod guy for example, as they work best under different conditions against different targets.

Offline Háwk;;

• I <3 Witchblades :D
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 01:24:41 PM »
Drop the stims

Stims were mainly to fill in the last Ten points... if I drop them and add Target Lock and Multi-Tracker, I'm 1006, where I play you are allowed to go over the limit by a max of 5.

Possibly switch SMS for Burst Cannons, and get either Multi-Tracker or a Seeker Missile?
'When we do something Right, Noone Remembers. When we do something Wrong, Noone Forgets.'

Offline Derikari

• I Brake for Kroot
  • I gots a title! ... I don't get it.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 01:33:30 PM »
You can get the points from the Fire Warrior bonding. They’re mechanised, so they will have some ability to avoid nasty places, not to mention less time to take damage by being in the transport itself, denying anti-infantry guns the chance to shoot at them at times.

As for the secondary weapons, I’d stick with SMS. The range boost and no-LoS makes it much easier to bring in the game in my experience. Don’t bother with a seeker though, you have no markerlight to launch it with.

Nah, I'm not wrong. See that line? It means it was never said. I have no idea why it's even there. ::)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 11:10:06 AM by Derikari »

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:22:18 AM »
i feel like ive seen this list so many times!

its a common set up for a starting list... except that you have taken the step to add a sniper team... (so you do have ONE markerlight). however, even though derikari was wrong ( :P) i still think he's right... one markerlight can probably not be counted on enough to stick around in order to launch that seeker missile...

you have a compact, efficient army, my only disliking about it is its very generic. it should however, be a great force to get you back into 40k and an excellent introduction into Tau.

have a look through the big list of tau army lists at the top of the forum for links to different lists... this will give you a good idea of what you can achieve.