News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330664 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Eldar Corsair Army
« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2015, 06:34:47 AM »
@Tangi- Thanks glad you dig it!

@Lachdonin- Hey long time no chat! Glad your still popping in now again. Yeah the Dark Elf Avatar statue is awesome! Soon as I saw it I had to get it. Not too expensive on ebay either.

@Grizzlykin- Hey bud! Thanks for stopping by. Can't wait to see what you've been up to. Update photos will probably be posted on sunday for our terrain and whatnot so stay tuned.

@Everyone- So glad to see all you guys stopping by. I promise I'll have some exciting updates this weekend and beyond. I'm playing a game saturday with my brother so I'll have some in game photos for you as well. Stay tuned!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2015, 04:44:03 PM »
Me jp to someting ? Not likely  i have been up to school mostly so did not had much time to give to my mini ^^ but i shall update you with some things i have in mind that might be intresting for you :).

Btw Why would we not stop by? It's so damn beautiful!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2015, 06:15:41 PM »
Hey guys! Had a great game with my brother yesterday. It was 7-turn brawl, very cagey as both sides took big losses. An absolute blast was had by both of us. My brother is an awesome opponent, very cagey who sets up a lot of gambits and crossfire traps.

This was the first game where I used the Avatar and boy was he hard to use. I ran Wraithblades as well which are a tough unit to use too. Their Wave Serpent went down and they caught out in the open but they did bloody their hands which is good. But by oh boy, did my Dire Avengers do me proud. Whenever the going gets tough the Avengers always step up to the plate. I was able to use Battle-Focus to dynamite effect and my trusty blue Avengers (guys with turquoise gems, boy do they need a proper unit name) were punishing Guardsmen for 3 Turns.

Anyway I could go on forever so here are some photos.

Didn't have time for terrain this weekend as I was to busy working on some other projects. But I'll have some good stuff coming up soon. Perhaps a counts-as Death Jester? Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:41:06 PM by Cavalier »

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #283 on: February 22, 2015, 06:42:01 PM »
looking good!

Always great to see two fully painted armies fight over a well-made board
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #284 on: February 22, 2015, 07:34:26 PM »
looking good!

Always great to see two fully painted armies fight over a well-made board

Amen!

I'm digging the IG army there.  Both armies look great out there on display in a game too.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #285 on: February 23, 2015, 12:21:26 PM »
Oh boy so many oh boy in the same paragraph,  and oh boy is it pleasing to see you having so much fun.  i mean I'm having a smile on my face just trying to recreate in my head what you say :D and it's pretty pleasing so keep at it!

wait did I read something like death-jester... sound pretty sweet to me of course I'm staying tuned^^

hard to use the avatar? yeah that's for sure:D but oh boy once he get in CC you can say that anything it's fighting against can be counted as ashes  ;)  maybe not grey knight and yet I'm not too sure if that would not still be a similar result.  you will come to love him as much as i do I'm sure :)

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2015, 06:25:23 PM »
Those armies and that table look impressive :).

I still like those Wraithguard the best from the previous page.  Everything looks really good, but they stand out even more than the rest.  The finish on them is excellent.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #287 on: March 2, 2015, 01:46:56 PM »
@Vonny- Thanks!

@Tangi- Thanks!

@Grizzlykin- Could you tell I was excited? lol I will be playing the Avatar from time to time, especially in bigger games. I really wish they'd hadn't lowered his Invuln to 5++.... or at least give him access to the exarch 4++ upgrade.

@Irisado- Thanks. Despite getting off to a rough start with their paint jobs (I was going through a painting skills slump don't know why) they came out very nice in the end. Not as nice as my Wraithblades but I still like em and I'm glad you do too. :)

So I got in two games this weekend, one against Space Wolves which I won, the other against my brothers IG which I'll give you guys a bat-rep on. The first game was interesting, my opponent had a mix of drop pods, the stormwolf (which wasn't as scary as I thought) and thunderwolf cav. Overall it wasnt very difficult to play against. I was sweating it in the end as the Thunderwolf cav reached the middle of the board after outflanking but lots of little squads of Marines dropping right in front of my units is easily dealt with.

The second game was far more interesting despite playing against an IG gunline. We played Emperor's Will which I think is harder for Eldar to win against IG because they can't rely on their opponent coming out of cover to grab objectives mid-field. Most opponents are gonna castle up and you have to enter their fields of fire which is exactly what I had to do. Despite what I perceive as a unfavorable task I think I handled it well.

So the game began with a gamble on my part. I went second and I reserved my entire army except for my 2 Wave Serpents which I hid out of line-of-sight. My brother's basilisk fired on one of them, scattering once and I jinked the other. Bottom of 1, I pivoted and shot up some guardsmen and flew one of the Serpents to better LOS blocking cover.

Good layout shot of the board

Top of turn 2 I had realized by pivoting a 1/4 inch of one of my Serpents forward-wings was peaking out of LOS blocking cover and my brother gave ignore cover orders to his missile launcher squad and wrecked my Serpent. It was very tough but I was right next to a huge LOS blocking piece of terrain so the Avengers inside were protected from everything.... but his basilisks which luckily scattered off the Avengers both times!

At this point I was sweating it. One serpent down, one up with a hull point on it and my Avengers sitting there as basilisk bait. I could get tabled this turn and lose on turn 2! Time for reserves... and EVERYTHING came on and my army went on the warpath. My Wraithknight and Nightwing blew up a basilisk and stunned/shook the other (protecting my Avengers from barrage attacks). My Wraithguard Archon/Autarch destroyed a leman russ, and put two hull points on Pask in his Punisher. Also my Swooping Hawks came in and bombed out the Plasma Vets hiding behind my brothers Leman Russ. Meanwhile my Wave Serpent and Venom combo succeeded in taking out his Ratlings which are always a threat to my Wraithknight while my Hornets failed to take out Pask. My brother was rattled but he soldiered on.

Turn 3 on his part accomplished little. Pask unloaded into the Wraithguard and despite 20 Str 5 rending shots, plus sponson heavy bolters only 1 Wraithguard went down and my Archon whose purpose is as bodyguard to my Archon tanked the rest of the shots though his Shadowfield went down (luckily I had Armor of Misery as backup). His Vendetta also came on shot at the Wraithknight behind cover but I passed my cover saves and thus my army went unscathed... this turn.

So turn 3 for me I pushed home my Advantage. The Hornets could see straight down his lines to the Basilisk and blew the last one up. My Hawks skyleapt for another bombing run while my Autarch, Wraithguard and Archon finished off pask. The Wraithknight held back behind cover due to my brothers big infantry block of Plasma Vets, Lascannon Heavy Weapons teams, Missile Launcher Heavy Weapons teams, and Autocannons all near to his Company Commander whose orders rolls were heating up. I could risk running into a "Take it Down" barrage of that magnitude and I knew I might need to get into his lines later so I held pot-shotting the Vendetta. Likewise I moved my Venom back behind cover to shoot up some more Vets which they did taking out a few more plasma guns.

Turn 4 was a game changer. My Autarch, Archon, and Wraithguard were not yet in cover after taking out Pask and his squadron mate and my brother unloaded on them in a bid for Warlord. I succeeded in all of my look-out-sirs but an errant plasma shot got through, I failed my invuln and my Autarch was felled! The glorious Eldar route was halted and my forces began to reel. A squad of Storm Troopers with double plasma deepstruck behind my Wave Serpent and between them and the Vendetta wrecked my last serpent. My Avengers were stranded in no-mans-land near to the Storm Troopers but too far away from the enemy lines to do any damage. My well coordinated battle-plan was starting to fall apart and I suddenly realized my brother had first blood, warlord, plus his Emperorer's Will objective, linebreaker and I only had my own objective and linebreaker! After taking out half his army I was actually losing!? I couldn't believe it but the game was so exciting and fun I hardly cared. I now needed warlord to tie, but also I had to deny him linebreaker as well. Yet with my transports down it would be up to the Swooping Hawks, Hornets, Wraithknight and Nightwing to go in their fish him out of cover. Not an easy task as he was out of LOS and shielded by multiple units. The game was now truly ratcheting up!

So bottom of turn 4 I drop my swooping hawks back onto the board bombing out the ruins where the HQ and a smattering of other units are hidden and remove a bunch of models but the warlord remains unscathed. I battle-focus and shoot my lasblasters and remove another smattering of models thinning out the shield protecting the company commander for a charge next turn. Now I have a tough decision to make…. with only 2 hornets (one died), nightwing, Wraithknight and Swooping Hawks in position to take the warlord which I need to tie…. do I have something fall back and try to knockout my brothers Vendetta which is now in my backlines and capable of going into hover mode and thus claiming linebreaker? Or do I press forward and grab warlord turn 6 and hopefully knock the flyer out turn 7? I decide to go all out for the Warlord and thus rush everything forward to try and remove all the remaining screening units. Turn 5 would determine whether the gamble was worth it.

Turn 5- My brother puts his Vendetta into hover mode to claim linebreaker, and then comes the move which ultimatley won him the game. He shoots a team of autocannons I had ignored into the Swooping Hawks (I thought he'd go for the Hornets) whittling them down to 2 Hawks…. So to wrap up the game ended up going 7 turns and I threw everything to getting Warlord but since everything committed to grabbing Warlord I couldn't deny linebreaker (even with last ditch attempts from my Avengers in the backfield shooting for rear armor on the Vendetta). So all in all a phenomenal game. I was really happy for my brother to get the win because my army was on the warpath early and he seemed a bit demoralized. But he soldiered on (true IG player that he is) hung in there and outplayed me. Great game and one I'll remember for a long time.

Anyways for those who took the time to read this thanks! Enjoy the pics… and stay tuned cause I'm gonna share a commission project I've been working on and hopefully some of own models which have been woefully neglected! Thanks guys!

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #288 on: March 2, 2015, 05:23:35 PM »
oh my goodness... That looks awesome.

I'm so jealous.
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #289 on: March 2, 2015, 06:15:19 PM »
Stunning! It all looks so good on that table.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #290 on: March 2, 2015, 06:22:20 PM »
Thank you for sharing the pics of the battles.  They all look fantastic.  Two well painted armies on a well made board is always a sight to behold.  8)

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #291 on: March 2, 2015, 06:40:04 PM »
Well ... well ...  weeeeell ... i have no words for this... what an astonishing sight...  i mean both your army look fabulous the game seemed really tense !  nice pictures... why does everything you do be it playing or painting is so intresting to read can you tell me ?

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
« Reply #292 on: March 3, 2015, 01:25:21 AM »
It has been a long time missing Eldar online. And your army is the best way to get back into it.
Fantastic modelling and painting!
I really love what you are doing. The work is excellent, even if the colours are not my most favourite they look really great. I would love to see it live.
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #293 on: March 4, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »
OH My God!!! Look so fabulous ! I love the orange plz teach me the trick to the nice color And sweet hightlight i need it for my own army :D

I'm pretty glad to know that i'm one of your fav in the forum as i believe i am more an annoyance than an actual intresting dude. So ty :D   :eldar psychic high five: I love what you do, and you are a funny one, you are one of my fav aswell :)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #294 on: March 5, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »
Those models look so beautiful on the table, especially with the terrain you're using.

I know how it feels to get shot up by the Imperial Guard as the game progresses.  It's pretty tough to be on the receiving end of.  It sounds as though it was a very enjoyable game :).

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2015, 05:28:05 PM »
Hey guys been awhile since I posted. I finally finished my commissions a few days ago and I'm back at with my own army! Forgot to take some pix of the new terrain my brother and I built last weekend but here are a few units that I'm working on and some insights into my future plans:

I've got 5 more Corsair Avengers in the pipe which'll complete an entire helmed squad bringing me to 35 converted Avengers. I will be getting a full six squads to fill up the FOC of all Avengers.

Also here are 5 Dragons, hold overs before I started my Corsair army. I will complete all 15 which I own but not before I get enough Corsairs kits to make Corsairs Dragons all equipped with Fusion Guns.

Also pictured is one of my Wyches which have sadly been collecting dust and will continue to do so for years to come most probably. The reason its included because this kitbash will be basis for my upcoming counts-as Harlies. I've got big plans for using that Dex to flesh out my army to Apocalypse proportions.

So anyways guys thats whats in the pipe right now. Next pick up is gonna be my first super-heavy and more Corsair kits. From those kits I will finish my Corsair Scorpions, Storm Guardians and my first Corsair Voidstorm squad which'll be my counts-as Harlies. Anyway stay tuned guys. Pix coming from a 2v2 battle this coming weekend are inbound!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #296 on: March 24, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »
The plan sound super nice, defenetly looking forward to it^^
I'm really wondering what kind of terrain you will show us. Super heavy ... with eldar, does that mean titan or tank? ... either way I'm pretty sure your golden and paint theme will do wonderfully on those

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2015, 06:29:57 PM »
Those Fire Dragons look truly imperious.  The crimson and gold colour scheme is ideal for them.  Everything else looks really impressive too, and I look forward to seeing how the plan progresses.

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2015, 02:43:59 PM »
Amazing stuff! Love the batreps, and the armies are gorgeous.

That red with gold is so clean and nicely done, it really pops on the table -- good job man.

Really like the rampaging archon/autarch combo, that looks like a lot of fun and also very effective. Obviously getting ID'd is the big risk there =/

Look forward to more pictures and reports!

Cheers
Ibushi
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #299 on: March 27, 2015, 04:52:12 PM »
Looking good as always! You need to slow down tho so I can catch up, haha, not really. Want to see more.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword