News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Developing the Dread Mob to 2000 points...  (Read 1578 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Developing the Dread Mob to 2000 points...
« on: May 22, 2013, 08:37:09 PM »
So...  I am enjoying my mega dread build so much that I've decided to expand the list to 2000 points...  I was going with allies last time but I think I'm going to run with a straight dread mob for the meks in the boyz units to keep the walkers going...  Plus, I came up with a shifty way to get some boss poles into those mobs and FNP to boot!  The pain boss seems a great addition that will make my foot troops pretty hard between cover and FNP...

Meka Dread, KFF

Dread, 3 DCCW, Skorcha

Dread, 3 DDCW, Skorcha

20 Shoota Boyz, mek big shoota
--Pain Boss, BP, BC, HA

--Pain Boss, BP, BC, HA

--Pain Boss, BP, BC, HA

Dakka Jet, Extra SS

3 Kans, Grotzookas

3 Kanz, Grotzookas

6 Lootas
-- Flakk Trakk

6 Lootas
--Flakka Trakk

Mega Dread, Grots, Mega Charga

Tell me what you think...

Adam
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:38:35 PM by adamscurr »

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
  • There is a bit of wulfen in all of us.
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Orks, White Scars
Re: Developing the Dread Mob to 2000 points...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:53:48 PM »
i like the list! not too fast though, so skeet wont like it :p

you have alot of bodies to score objectives and alot of fire power to help support. so i reckon you will do pretty good.

i have to ask though, how have the flakka trakks worked for you? becauce i was thinking of getting one for my lootas aswell
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:47:28 AM »
I would find ways of getting rokkits in there. I use rokkit-kans and deffkoptas (twin-linked, fool!) in my Dread Mob list and they've been very valuable for getting rid of that pesky shooty tank that's blowing your boyz away, shaking a building housing some heavy-weapon guys so they can't fire (can you still do that in 6th?), and so on.
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »
@Nawari: I have found 6 lootas in a flakka wagon to be a primo AT unit.  You put a lot of str 7 shots down a long way.  THe flakka gun gives you some AA and the big trakk protects the lootas from a lot.  I run two flakka tracks with 6 lootas in each.  I like to stick mine in a corners and just leave it there all game shooting.   If someone gives it some serious attention, it will blow, but then, they are ignoring the rest of the army...

@Cheesy: I was thinking of some deff kopters for speed and rokkits...  But I've found that my lootas and flakka trakks work really well for transports...  I was hoping that the dread mob themselves could deal with heavy armor for me...  BTW, do rippa klaws still get the +1 on the damage table?

Adam

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
  • There is a bit of wulfen in all of us.
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Orks, White Scars
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 06:44:59 PM »
cool thanks! I will grab a couple next time I do a order (or have the money lol) from forgeworld.

yes rippa klaws give you +1 on the damage table. good hunting! :)
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 03:35:41 AM »
cool thanks! I will grab a couple next time I do a order (or have the money lol) from forgeworld.

Save yourself some money - get a trukk kit and instead of the rear wheels, use the tracks from the BW kit. Then it can count as a trukk or a big trakk!
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »
I'm a little more liberal with my building...  One of my flakka trakks is a chimera I've decked out and put a huge gatlin gun on...  The other is a carved up WWII German transport with treads...  It also has a huge gun...  Just check with you LGS on their GW parts requirements.  My current store is pretty much "the rule of cool" and both my flakka wagons look pretty good.  I've never had a complaint...  (Another hint is always buy something when you go to the LGS, even if it is just a couple sodas and a white dwarf.  That way you can support the store and show that you are not just a moocher! lol)

Adam 

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »
My LGS is not really keen on FW stuff in general they are adapting a bit so Flakkas are out for me atleast until our new codex comes out.

I love the idea though sounds pretty effective Adam

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2013, 07:29:43 AM »
Too bad...  I've come to rely on FW stuff for my army and I think of it like an extension of our codex...  The FW stuff fills in some gaps in our aging codex, primarily AA stuff for taking out those pesky flyers. 

I think if people really looked at the newer FW stuff they would see it is different, but not overpowered.  I think their philosophy has changed from one of making super powered lists to one of different, but balanced lists with awesome models...

Adam