News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Making Slaanesh great again.....  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Making Slaanesh great again.....
« on: December 4, 2016, 01:59:45 PM »
Hey Guys!
As some of you may have seen in my project log I have started up a new Mono-Slaanesh army.
It seems that whether you go Daemons or Marines Mono-God armies do seem to struggle a little (Apart from Tzeentch but that's another matter...)
Does anyone here have any tips on how to be competitive with Slaanesh?
At the moment I am looking at running this list for a 2k points game in a fortnight.

Daemon Incursion
Flayertroupe
Herald of Slaanesh- Level 2 Psyker, Exalted Locus of Beguilement, Lesser Reward
20x Daemonettes- Icon of Chaos, Alluress
10x Daemonettes- Alluress
3x Fiends
Grand Cavalcade
Herald of Slaanesh- Level 2 Psyker, Exalted Locus of Beguilement, Lesser Reward, Steed of Slaanesh
5x Seekers- Heartseeker
5x Seekers- Heartseeker
5x Seekers- Heartseeker
5x Seekers- Heartseeker
5x Seekers- Heartseeker
5x Seekers- Heartseeker

Daemonlords
Keeper of Secrets- Level 3 Psyker, 2x Greater Rewards, Soulstealer

Be'lakor

My plan is obviously to run Telepathy with Be'lakor and look to get Invisibility on the Keeper of Secrets and then open up a Shrouded bubble to help the Daemonettes. The Keeper of Secrets will be looking at the Lore of Excess and will be hoping for the armour save and feel no pain options on the Rewards, if not he will take a Lash. The two Heralds are going to be looking at Malefic and will be summoning lost units and hopefully getting Cursed earth down.

Any tips on how to streamline this list? I am pretty much relying on being able to swarm my opponent (Who will be taking Skitarii) and hoping that the rending attacks will be enough.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2016, 02:19:58 PM by Aurics Pride »
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Making Slaanesh great again.....
« Reply #1 on: December 4, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »
Mono god is tough. I think all are doable however. Looks like you're on the right track. MSU and all that jazz. It's a super fast force, but very fragile. your list looks fairly standard for a mono-slaanesh build. You'll get across the table fast, with lots of rending attacks. It's just surviving the trip, which is the hard part (lol).
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2016, 06:58:56 AM »
I agree with KS. While I'm not pro on Daemon armies, much less a mono-god Slaanesh list I think the key is really just the movement phase. Just gotta hug cover, go for LOS blockers and accept losing some models along the way. Rolling on the Strategic Warlord trait to try and get the infiltrate trait could help (as will conqueror of cities if you get that too). I think the MSU approach will help divide fire as well.

My only sort of out-of-left-field suggestion could be perhaps a Bastion or small fortification with an escape hatch to get an extra 12" movement without being shot at and still keeping your assault ability. I know it may look weird but if you convert up a cool looking Slaanesh tower/shrine similar to my Eldar one it could look sweet, plus you could hide your units out of LOS if you go second and throw a Void Shield on there if you want to get really crazy. Just an idea...

Anyway kind of paltry advice on my part but I just wanted to throw it out there.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2016, 11:03:41 AM »
Cheers guys!
@KillerSquid- Agreed on the tough part getting them across the table! Rough maths on the above army gives me 319 Rending attacks and 28 AP2 attacks on the charge, shame I won't be getting them all into combat!

@Cav- To be honest I've never really looked at fortifications too much (With the exception of the Aegis Defence line for the Anti-air). I'll have a look at the bunker!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2016, 12:22:00 PM »
The main thing, is that you need a Combined Arms detachment, to run a fortification, as the Daemon Incursion doesn't allow a fortification detachment.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria