News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I need army help- STAT  (Read 419 times)

Offline Lamio

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
I need army help- STAT
« on: September 5, 2004, 01:03:30 PM »
Alrighty, ladies and gentlemen. Heres the start of my army

I got into it when i was young and bought Four Rangers, Five Guardians, a Fire Dragon and an Avatar for 15 dollars off my friend. Then i converted a Dark Eldar he gave me into a guardian, baught four more dragons and four spiders and an exarch.

I baught the codex, Baharoth, and just a Swooping Hawk Exarch for some stupid reason. Finally, i got a Wraithlord, Warlock, and Viper.

My current army looks like this

HQ: Avatar
        Warlock

Elites: Fire Dragons 5x
           Warp Spiders (4) and Exarch

Troops: 4 Rangers
              6 Guardian (Defenders)

Fast Atk: Viper Jetbike

Heavy:  Wraithlord

Now thats my current army. I have Baharoth and the Swooping Hawk exarch on the side.

What I am thinking, is i would like to change my army into a very close combat one. I could buy a squad of scorpions and banchees, and then get a box of 8 guardian storm

but thats all very very expensive, plus i woudltn have enough base troops. Perhaps i could get the box 16 guardian defenders and convert them to storm...

what do you think for my poor army?

Offline Lamio

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
Re: I need army help- STAT
« Reply #1 on: September 5, 2004, 01:23:43 PM »
sorry about the multi post....

Offline Vindow Viper 77

• Proud to be Croatian :)
« Reply #2 on: September 5, 2004, 03:12:58 PM »
Well, it is definitely poor...Even if you decide on having a close combat army I suggest you get some Guardian Defenders and dont convert them.  Convert some but keep a good number of them as they are.  If you are going to have some warlocks you need a farseer.  So take the farseer along, give every squad of guardians a warlock.  Since ur making a close combat army enhance may seem attractive as a warlock power but conceal is better in my belief.  You always attack first unless the enemy has some sort of grenade and it basically gives you an invulnerable 5+ save.  You need a transport for those fire dragons or else their probably going to get cut down by enemy fire before they can attack, so get some falcons or wave serpents to transport all those cc troops and dragons.  If your want some more suggestions provide some examples of what armies ur going to fight.  Army choices really depend on what ur facing.
"Lijepa nasa domovino,
Oj junacka zemljo mila,
Stare slave djedovino,
da bi vazda sretna bila!

Mila, kano si nam slavna,
Mila si nam ti jedina.
Mila kuda si nam ravna,
Mila, kuda si planina!

Teci Dravo, Savo teci,
Nit' ti Dunav silu gubi,
Sinje more svijetu reci,
Da svoj narod Hrvat ljubi.

Dok mu njive sunce grije,
Dok mu hrasce bura vije,
Dok mu mrtve grobak krije,
Dok mu zivo srce bije!"

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2004, 05:30:29 PM »
What's so urgent about this, anyway?  

If you're new to this hobby, I think that buying the actual Storm Guardians would be a good idea.  If you can find the Troll deal for 16 Guardians with CCWs, get that instead.  

Anyway, it's not a terrible start to an army.  You have some of the basic tools that you need to win: various firepower, some mobility, and a close combat monster.  
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #4 on: September 5, 2004, 06:02:04 PM »
The army has a good starting point, and is nice and balanced, I'd reccomend a Farseer for your next purchase so you can use that Warlock, besides in my opinion Farseers and Warlocks are two of the (if not the best) units in the Eldar army.  Converting Storm Guardians is a lot of work, I'd reccomend saving up and buying them in the box sets that GW is selling, especially if you're new to converting, if you've converted figs from other tabletop games, and feel that you have an advanced level of proficency with modeling, then you may want to try your hands at converting your own.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!