News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My 'Nid list, plz check it out...  (Read 411 times)

Offline The Fat Ogre

• Ogre Smash Good!
    • The Tyranid Hive
My 'Nid list, plz check it out...
« on: June 5, 2004, 12:29:55 PM »
This is my list, what do you think?

HQ:

Hive Tyrant, ** Army General,
Venom Cannon, Scything Talons, Implant Attack,
Bio-plasma attack, Warp Field,
181pts

Tyrant Guard Brood,
Unit of 2,
Implant attack
96pts

Elites:

Warrior Brood,
Unit of 3,
Scything Talons, Rendering claws,
Implant attack,
102pts

Troops:

Genestealer Brood,
Unit of 12,
192pts

Hormagaunt Brood,
Unit of 30,
300pts

Termagant Brood,
Unit of 30,
210pts

Heavy Support:

Zoanthropes,
Unit of 2,
1 Synapse Creature, 1 Warp blast,
101pts

Carnifex,
Venom Cannon, Scything Talons, Extended Carapace,
153pts

Old One Eye,
164pts

Total: 1499pts
They did the mash, the Tyranid mash, it was a grave yard smash...

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
Re: My 'Nid list, plz check it out...
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2004, 07:07:48 PM »
It generally looks nice, except for some details:
Your warriors really should have extended carapace, if necessary drop implant attack for it.

Termagaunts aren't really that good (they will become somewhat better with the proposed changes in 4th edition though), and both your gaunt units should geta hive node. This way you also don't need that synapse creature zoanthrope anymore and can equip the zoa with something like warp blast.

I really recommend that you use the biomorph tables in order to create your own species, these are way more effective than the normal ones.

jwu

Offline Hivemind

Re: My 'Nid list, plz check it out...
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2004, 12:29:52 AM »
Let me just second two of the points that Archon Astaroth made.  First is always add a hive node mutant to your gaunt broods.  Otherwise it's almost guaranteed that you'll find your brood out of synapse range and not doing what you want.

Second take some time to get familiar with the species creation rules in the back of the codex.  They will really help you to streamline your list to your own style of play.  For example you could make a Tyrant with identical stats but for less points by substituting extended carapace for the warp field. 

One question regarding your list and the addition of implant attack to your models.  Does your normal opponent use alot of multi-wound characters or units?  If most of what you're up against is just single wound models then implant attack probably isn't worth it.
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.