News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WoTW Saint Snik Ork-Mas Competition, Skeetergods Entry  (Read 4384 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
WoTW Saint Snik Ork-Mas Competition, Skeetergods Entry
« on: December 8, 2010, 08:18:47 AM »
Here is my entry into the ork holiday conversion competition.

Killy Klause

Killy Klause; the legendary ork who goes around on the holiday and finds small groups of humans who are celebrating and klaws them. As a yoof he discovered that humans leave out plates of food for some guy named clause, and decided he would like the free food too. So with a little ork thinking he soon had a pair of klaws, compliments of the local chapter of space marines, and began his holiday forays. Since he has developed a taste for cookies and turkey, Ork-Mas is his favorite holiday as it really has a lot more free food than other holidays.

He is still looking for flying reindeer and a sled, not to mention that his technique is not as subtle as he goes through the front door rather than down the chimney, and he takes more than the little plate of cookies that are left out for his competition. He has discovered the joys of the refrigerator, and usually eats whatever he finds inside of them. When the inhabitants object he simply uses his klaws to convince them to see things his way.

Here is the converted model, and soon he will have a paint job, I am thinking of using the orange/blue palet rather than the standard red/green of the aforementioned hinted at holiday. I will post more pictures once the painting is done. Any suggestions are welcome

Click on the image for full size view
[

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:08:21 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline burgers4me

• Burgers, The Delicious Graduate
    • Story of The Gods (SotG)
Re: Killy Klause
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2010, 08:49:55 AM »
Looks good, but I think the claws good be more 'orky' then it would be perfect.

Burgers!
What, Wait?

Why do I even have this thing...

"There is no such thing as a bad story. Just one that can be improved."

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #2 on: December 8, 2010, 07:57:36 PM »
Needs a Santa Hat and the right paint. But he looks good to me

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »
yeah, a hat would put this over the top!  Can't wait to see it finished.  Tell your wife to give you all the time you need and if she disagrees, tell her I said so!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: WoTW Saint Snik Ork-Mas Competition, Skeetergods Entry
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 10:15:09 AM »
OK! Here is Killy Klause 90% completed. Just posting some pictures to show I did not forget that I had entered and really was doing some painting.

I went with blue/yellow (and gold) pallet. He will eventually be used as my Ard Boy nob with PK and boss pole, but for now he is Killy Klause, all in for the free food.

Front

Front Quarter

Rear Quarter

Since I had to "borrow" she who must be obeyed's camera I goofed the right side picture and was unable to make for a second "borrow" before she noticed I was using the camera. I got away with it so will just have to live without the right side for now.

I still have a few highlights and some inking to do, but otherwise he is mostly done. Any comment on what to do to make it look even better?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:20:56 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:21:49 AM »
It would be rediculously hard to do, but I've seen the bases with the gs mushrooms on them.  If you could make a wrapped gift, or maybe a tiny mushroom sized orksmas tree at his feet that would be super cool. 

I like how he's turning out.  He's definately more scary snik than some of the entries and you can't go wrong there!

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »
Wicked good suggestions "Jack"

And I also love the way that figure is turning out. A few highlights on his Skin might be nice; but he is solid already.

Oh and you should tell her "that must be obeyed" that you are the man of the house, and that everything of hers is actually 50% yours because that is how it works. Just don't let her know that I told you this info, as my wife "that must be obeyed" would likely kill me for such insane thoughts let along actually voicing it.

Da Sneeky Git would tell her while she were snoring, its saffer dat way.

Cheers

Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
  • If all else fails, roll more dice!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 10:01:37 PM »
He looks good.  I'd add some blood stains on the claws and in the snow, personally. 

For the snow effect, you could try adding some elmer's glue and baking soda/more flock on top of the snow.  That flock should melt in the glue, maybe smoothing it out. 

Here's a whole discussion on various snow techniques:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16376

Batreps        Ork Models      Painting Blog

Offline IGBunker (-Hela - Finnail-)

• Ork Boy | Infinity Circuit
  • Fear not the death Brothers.forshe is old and slow
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 01:21:19 AM »
Ive tried various snow methods on my flames of war winter finns and imho the best method is white glue with a bunch of galeforce 9 snow flock. i find GWs snow flock too fine for my tastes, the galeforce 9 stuff is alittle courser. that i like doing is coating the base with PVA glue then GF9 snow flock ontop. let it sit for a minute or two, knock off the excess and after waiting for another minute or two sprinkle some more on because the original layer will kinda 'melt' into the glue. 

Looks good none the less, not a huge fan of all the snow on the ironhalo thingy and belt/pistol. just isnt exactly realistic but thats just me. good work, cant wait to see it finished
Guant "Men on tanith do you wish to live forever!?!"

Formaly and now know as Hela- Finnail

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)
Guard armoured company- 1-0-0

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
Well at long last I am done painting. I know that adding varnish to a piece makes it hard to photo, so I am submitting the unvarnished mini as my finished entry. Not to worry, I will put a coat of varnish on him after a few battles.

Here he is: Killy Klause, the ork who celebrates free food night, er, I mean Ork-Mass.

Done

Done Front

Done Rear

The rules say three pictures, but I have left and right pictures if you need them.

Remember to leave your meat on the front porch, otherwise you may get a visit from Killy Klause!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:14:05 PM by SKEETERGOD »