News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 ITC list Cast of Players and Eldar CAD  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Hannibal.Lictor

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1850 ITC list Cast of Players and Eldar CAD
« on: August 28, 2015, 02:52:14 AM »
Been having fun with the cast of players, sure a jetseer council is easier to play but is alot less fun....for me atleast. Anyhow, here is where I am now (Troupe Master is WL)

Cast Of Players:
Jester has Haywire Nades, Seer is ML2 and Mask of Secrets, Master has the Storied Sword and HWG, 11 players five of whom have caresses. Starweaver

Eldar CAD

Farseer w/spear and Stone (rolls on Fate for Fortune)
Spiritseer (rolls on Battle, just about everything is good for the Cast)

Ten Guardians with a Lock
Five SC bikes

Three dual pulse laster Hornets
Shadow specters with an exarch that has Shadow of Death (Total of five dudes)

Dark Reapers with an exarch all have starshot. (again, five dudes)

Wraithknight with sword....cause its big as (^&T

The idea is to hope for fortune, grab conceal and whatever from Battle. Start the Cast camped in ruins (deploy as if you will be siezed upon...and you wont) cast conceal and if lucky fortune and Veil of tears. This should keep your Cast intact the first vulnerable turn. Reapers jump up in the Quins pimp ride for some opened top action. Specters in reserve mostly. I think the rest is pretty standard, shoot at stuff. Guardians bubble wrap the knight if nessassary then grab back field objectives or Emp will...what have you.

The cast can do some amazing things so long as you know that you have the glass hammer of glass hammers. My best showing thus far is dumping two Imp knights and a Iron Hands Command squad in a single game. I have also had it completely removed in a turn because I was cocky. I am on the fence with the specters, I havent really needed the Shadow of Death bubble. I could just as easily add in some spiders. They do pop mid value armor pretty good though. Just wanted to share and get some feed back.

Offline DCannon ForLife

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1850 ITC list Cast of Players and Eldar CAD
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:24:31 PM »
Have you played 'The Firm' (Belakor, D-Thirster, Fateweaver and a Daemon Prince with the Grimoire--seasoned with Heldrakes to taste)? Also, have you played against an 8-flyer Nid list (Skyblight + CaD)? I'm interested to see how the list plays against those.

I like it right away, of course, because it is unusual. :)

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 01:34:58 PM »
The one thing that jumps out at me immediately is why not take Jain Zar?

Yes, a buttload more points, but the penalties to WS, Initiative and leadership, a mountain of low AP attacks, and a very high armour save that you can tank bolter shots with once Fortune is up.

I just got an email from Forgeworld suggesting that Bel-Annath only be used between friends until their IA:11 7th ed. edition comes out, so I guess he is out for the guaranteed Fortune.

With the shadow spectres, if you have the models or equivalents, give them a whirl and let us know. Their AT potential is useful possibly, but I think they are too short-ranged, and I wouldn't rely on Shadow of Death. Spiders are good, especially at holding up enemy units like tac marines etc., then hit and running away so the cast can smack them, but they also perform a similar role as the quins.

Look forward to some batreps!

Edited for stats.  Please refer to forum rule 1 for details - Iris.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:59:39 AM by Irisado »
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Hannibal.Lictor

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 02:54:31 PM »
Jain Zar, love it...no overwatch and hella better than the autarch I have been using.

@ D cannon, I have faced those lists before, but not with my Cast list. The hornets do a good job at dropping flyers and can zip all over the place and not suffer too bad from the San shooting. The five HTs are a mother trucker. We have one of those guys here and I'll scare up a game if I can. I also want to see how I do vs The French Overlords current Skittari drop pod alpha list.

And ya, I hate boring lists. I would rather punch my own gonads than push around a battle company. I see why people play it, I just have to be me.

Offline Ibushi

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 02:58:52 PM »
Yeah the hornets would work well against flyers, maybe even flyrants. Not really worth taking the crimson hunter from your side.

Look forward to some batreps against one of those flying circuses!

Been at two events with the French Overlord but we still haven't met on the tabletop unfortunately -- I also would like to see how the croneworld kin do against his drop skitarii.

With the quins, it would be pretty rough if you don't have invis and/or dont get first turn, and he can get just one unit inside VoT. But probably just a couple of models would be able to take out a skitarii squad, so im not sure.

Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall

Offline Hannibal.Lictor

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 05:49:53 PM »
The more I think about Jain Zar, the more I like it. Disarming strike provides protection from the attacks I normally feed the Jester to.

And ya, the Drop Pod alpha is the most troublesome army for me to face. I love scouting bike armies, or long range shooting armies, but dudes that can drop all around me give me a headache. That's why I am trying out the guardians like you do. Between the bikes, guardians and hornets I can take up considerable room on the board. I think for my particular army, vs that it's all about choosing the right table side if possible and deploying smart for cover saves and denial of space. If you can survive the alpha, your counter charge can be detestating. Two quins can put out a fair number of attacks on the charge. Add to that five characters with damn good CC profiles (ok 4, the farseer lacks in attacks) and you can do a very impressive multicharge. I have gotten eldritch storm off on a Skyhammer and it's pretty funny, but. It terribly reliable.

Very excited to have Jeremey crush me a bunch. In all seriousness, if I can learn to survive that army fielded by a general of his skill, I can be fairly confident. At its worst, I have a cool lookin army that is very personal to me. My first GW purchase was the Regiment of Reknown Harlequins WAY back before I could legally drink.

Offline Ibushi

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 05:54:22 PM »
Oh riight, disarming strike is another of her skills! Plus then you can call your army "JZ and Entourage", and if she's your warlord the unit runs an extra +3".

Love it with this army, you're right about playing jeremy -- set up some games and see if you can weather the storm of radium. Looking forward to it!

Maybe get those old school harlies back on the table, do you still have the models? Classic, flavourful armies are the best.

Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall

Offline Hannibal.Lictor

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 03:32:31 AM »
He is easy to rile up for a rumble, I will see if I can get something arranged this week. If i complete wiff with Jain Zar you can totally disavow any advice; the inverse is also true.

Offline Ibushi

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 05:44:05 PM »
Sounds good, looking forward to it!

I keep thinking about ways to build JZ into an Eldar list now, even with a group of guardians she makes them so much much better -- letting them hit on 3's in CC, and only get hit back on 5's in return. Pretty nifty.

Or with a squad of DA with shimmershield for that matter, makes for a neat tarpit unit.

Definitely love at first sight between her and the Cast of Players though..

Cheers
Ibushi

Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall

Offline Hannibal.Lictor

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 06:00:48 PM »
Ya, I take most of my casualties to three different things:

1) Being an idiot and not deploying for the sieze
2) not throwing four dice at Viel of Tears
3) any CC attack

Jain helps mitigate the third. Can't wait to give her a whirl.

Offline Ibushi

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 07:26:27 PM »
Plus unless she is warlord I would go ahead and put her at the front of the unit to tank incoming shooting, which might help with #1 as well.

Take any AP3 or worse shots on that lovely 2+, especially with Fortune up, then LOS any AP2 shots as needed. Nice!

Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall