News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [2000] - CAD (DE) + AD (Chaos) + Forgehost [Bat Rep]  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
[2000] - CAD (DE) + AD (Chaos) + Forgehost [Bat Rep]
« on: April 27, 2016, 07:48:05 PM »
Dark Eldar and Chaos Daemons of Khorne join hands and raise a middle finger at Slaneesh.
This list theme is to throw some mean power houses of Khorne at the opponent while the Dark Eldar support from behind attacking infantry.

Originally the list did not have the Forgehost, it instead had 30 bloodletters in total, and 2 units of Scourges with Haywire Blasters on the DE detachment. I figured the Soul Grinders would be more imposing a threat and very fitting to a Khorne army

2000 Pts - Codex: Dark Eldar Roster - 2000 - CAD (DE) + AD (Chaos) + Forgehost  (Khorne)

: Combined Arms Detachment (27#, 630 pts)
   0 Court of the Archon, 75 pts
      1 Lhamaean (Warlord)
      1 Venom (Splinter Cannon)

5 Kabalite Warriors, 105 pts (Close Combat Weapon)

1 Talos, 135 pts (Chain-flails; TL Haywire Blaster)

: Allied Detachment (18#, 800 pts)
   1 Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (HQ) [cd], 330 pts
      1 Armour of Scorn [cd]

10 Bloodletters of Khorne (Troops) [cd], 100 pts

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne (Fast) [cd], 80 pts

1 Daemon Prince (HQ) [cd], 290 pts (Daemonic Flight; DG: Warp-forged Armour; DA: Daemon of Khorne; DR: Greater Rewards x2)
      1 Skullreaver [cd]

Formation: Forgehost (4#, 570 pts)
   1 Forgehost [cd], 570 pts
      1 Soul Grinder (Heavy) [cd] (Mawcannon - Phlegm; mW: Warpsword; DA: Daemon of Khorne)

1 Soul Grinder (Heavy) [cd] (Mawcannon - Phlegm; mW: Warpsword; DA: Daemon of Khorne)

Total Roster Cost: 2000

« Last Edit: May 3, 2016, 08:01:45 PM by Akaitsuki »

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: [2000] - CAD (DE) + AD (Chaos) + Forgehost
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:01:47 PM »
Interesting concept. I'm not sure if you can take a court of the archon without an archon though, as per the "retainers" note on page 71 of the codex. You most definitely cannot have the Lhamaean as your warlord, as she is not a character. I think you'll have to throw in an archon in place of the court and either webway him with some warriors or upgrade a venom to a raider, as he cannot join your daemons and you don't want him isolated.

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 08:43:05 PM »
Well this is simple to my understanding

#1 - Court of Archon is in fact an HQ choice in the Dark Eldar army. Takes up an HQ choice as normal.

#2 - Retainer's special rule allows the court of archon to NOT take up an HQ choice if you include an Archon in the army.

The rule does not limit nor does it set any restriction for taking the court of archon. It pretty much reads "If you take an archon, the court does not take a Force Org slot", there's several other units throughout codex history that got similar special treatment when another unit is taken.

For example transports. A rhino is a fast attack choice unless you take it as a dedicated transport for something else in which case it does not take a Force Org slot and counts as being part of the same slot type as the unit that took it.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2016, 10:09:58 AM »
That may be the case, but my primary point was that you are still without a warlord from your primary detachment, as it must be a character and a Lhamaean is not. You could upgrade one of your kabalite warriors to a sybarite and make him your warlord. Either way, you currently do not have a character in your primary detachment that you can elect to be your warlord.

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: May 3, 2016, 07:09:25 PM »
The rule is that you must nominate a MODEL as your warlord.  If possible you should choose a character in your primary detachment as your warlord, and that if no character is available then choose any model as your warlord.

Because in this army I have an ALLIED detachment which specifically prevents any models within it to be chosen as a warlord, then this excludes it from being an option for determining the warlord.

Thus I can choose any model not in the ALLIED detachment to be the warlord. Downside is I won't benefit from a warlord trait

Post Merge: May  3, 2016, 08:00:20 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

MISSION: MAELSTROM OF WAR TACTICAL ESCALATION
DEPLOYMENT: DAWN OF WAR
FIRST DEPLOYMENT: DARK ELDAR
FIRST TURN: DARK ELDAR
NIGHT FIGHTING: NO

I get lucky on the roll off and choose to deploy first in order to take the first turn. I am weary of the One Eye Open rule and decide to keep all my venoms off to the left flank alongside the Talos while keeping the daemons in the center and right side of the table. I feel this will let me distribute pressure to the entire table with units that can rapidly redeploy as needed. I keep the Bloodletters in reserve to drop either into his lines for further pressure or to drop onto an objective.

Turn 1, I get an easy objective to achieve. #43 Hold the Line, great start! The flesh hounds scout up 12" and then move up their normal 12" putting them right into the enemy territory and i run them behind the ruined building so i can get some nice cover saves if they get shot at hoping for a turn 2 assault on something important.

The Daemon Prince and Bloodthrister move up their 24", my opponent is surprised at the distance the Bloodthrister was able to cover, as he misjudged how far his Sniper Drones and HQ (Ethereal) were from the Bloodthrister who is now only 2 or 3 inches away from them. The Prince runs in mid-air, anime-style and lands on ruins for a nice 4+ cover save. The bloodthrister rains hellfire down on the sniper drone and crushes that unit single handedly, killing off the enemy warlord in the process who was trying to hide under the ruin but templates don't care and fry him anyway. In doing this i claim First Blood, Slay the Warlord and the extra VP for killing an Ethereal.

The Venoms hose down the Pathfinders that were conveniently placed where the Daemon Prince wanted to land, and force the few remaining pathfinders to flee. The Soulgrinders toss Phlegm at the fire warriors first to active their formation bonus and then double down attacking Crisis Suit teams and the Sky Ray near them. The re-roll to hit working wonders!

Dark Eldar claim 4 VPs from the start.

Turn 2, coming off hot from a great first turn and the Tau's inability do to more than to put 1 wound on the Daemon Prince and destroying a Venom hidden in ruins, the Dark Eldar forces start to target the left flank's devil fishes and broadside team.

The Chaos Daemons FMC decide it's time to start setting up some deadly assaults and thus fly down in anticipation making sure to stay within RUINS now that they are no longer soaring the skies waving a middle finger at all ground units, they need to ensure safety first. Skulls for the skullthrone!! But wear a helmet.

The soulgrinders continue to march forward while still attacking the crisis teams and vehicles. And I totally forget that the flesh hounds even exist after moving them into position to assault either the sky ray or crisis teams. Totally forgot the assault phase because I felt that my forces were doing such a great job that I could get away with being forgetful just this once...

Score is now 6 to 1 in Dark Eldar favor.

Then Tau gets his reserves on time and has 2 single units of crisis teams drop in front of the Soul Grinders packing some serious heat. By serious heat i mean twin-linked fusion blaster + fusion blaster. At this point i remember my flesh hounds and I go 'Oh nooooooes' I pray to the Dark Gods that the Soul Grinders live in the name of Khorne. Luckily the Blood God was listening and with his favor the Grinders survive largely unscathed as the fusion blaster to the face epic fails at doing anything more than stunning 1 of them. Tau begin to lose all hope...

Turn 3

I press the advantage and bring the fight to the enemy in the form of assaults, nice brutally deadly assaults. This time i let the dogs out, and they much on some leftover sky ray, while the Prince and Thrister decimate the rest of the Tau heavy vehicles, and the Soul Grinders crush the suicide crisis teams with ease.

The Talos finally for the first time since i started using him gets into assault with something...a sacrificial 2 man drone team dropped off by the Devilfishes. Yay!

At this point I collect several Tactical Objectives including some D3 points and the score is sitting with my army in double digits vs 1 point for the Tau army. I offer my opponent the chance to concede the game and play another match with different lists. He accepts and we move on to the next

GG

« Last Edit: May 3, 2016, 08:00:21 PM by Akaitsuki »

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
Re: [2000] - CAD (DE) + AD (Chaos) + Forgehost [Bat Rep]
« Reply #5 on: May 8, 2016, 10:41:30 PM »
It really seems that your opponent was outmatched and he really didn't pay heed to the speed of daemons and dark eldar. The table definitely seemed small for a 2000 point game, which would have really favoured your army, pitting the armies so close together. I'd be interested to see what would have happened if you had setup using Hammer & Anvil or Vanguard Strike. Using a gunline, he would have had a better chance setting up in the back field rather than being forced to take a turn two beat-down. Did you have a copy of his list you could post?

I did really enjoy the photos you put up. They were very descriptive. What program did you use to make them?