News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Battle of The Bosses, Orks vs. Orks Apocalypse  (Read 8688 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Battle Of The Bosses, The Waagh is ON!
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 08:55:56 AM »
I too have four objectives, should make for an interesting game.

Alrighty then folks; Tomorrow the krumping begings. I must say thanks for those who sent objectives, I really appreciate your help, and last call for bets, ante up!

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »
Ok I am on my way, Starting the drive up to Tallahassee and I will meet Skeetergod on the battlefield tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all the help everyone, and get your bets in.   Betting closes at 10am CST tomorrow,  once the dice start rolling there will be no more betting.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 03:27:43 PM »
I can't wait to see what happens... Good times...

I'm thinking in a blow for blow, the Skeet's gonna take an early lead... But AoD's staying power with walkers if going to stay in for the long fight... lol  but we will see...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2011, 12:21:31 PM »
We came, We saw, and We ate Pizza. The winner is................. ...............

Drum roll please:                                                   HUNGRY HOWIES PIZZA!!!  :o

(although I have to admit I cheated, as I called both Papa Johns and Hungry Howies the day before and found that you get three Howies pizzas for the same price as two Papa Johns pizzas. So as an ork, more is better, therefore we went with Hungry Howies.)

Actually you can read my side of the battle report here and we will have to wait for AOD to drive back home and post his side of the story before you all can find out who the winner is.  ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Battle of The Bosses, Orks vs. Orks Apocalypse
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 10:04:13 PM »
I want to say a special thank you for Skeetergod for a great and memoriable game.  Thanks also to all of you who submitted objectives and backed me with your teef.

The battle report is updated and now you can know the outcome... of the

Battle of the Bosses.

I think I am going to get a job at the psychic friends network.... remember this post...
"where does he get all those wonderful toys"...   honestly an aircraft carrier, well hopefully it doesn't have unlimited deff koptas.

You best leave Fluffy's arse alone.   Fluffy can eat deff koptas for breakfast.

Well now I know why a speed freak relies on so much red paint...   wait for it...

So he can run away faster.   

(very cool stompa model though I like the crane lifting up the deff kopta)   I can't imagine just how many pictures will be taken.  I think will will make 40k online overdose from all the pics.   

Since I have not used my stompa yet, I do look forward to using my psycho-gattla. 

Well it got proven that Fluffy can eat deff koptas.

and the psycho-gattla was a massive force to be reconded with....  if you don't believe me.... just read Skeetergod and I's battle report.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:23:20 AM by angel of death 007 »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2011, 09:20:12 AM »
Yes indeed it was a great game, good fun, and good pizza. And as a bonus I was only henpecked twice  :-[

AOD, when you finish painting that stompa you need to put ork graffiti on the lower edges where the blue boys were attacking you with spray cans while the nob was busy immobilizing it.

Then when you finish fluffy, I think you should glue some deff copta bits on its rear area to show that it was attacked all game by a single deff copta that was just a little bit bothersome (took three turns to eat that one copta for breakfast  ;) ).

Not to mention on your mega dread you should put some biker parts all over its feet for having squished two bikes, one a war boss and the other a nob with PK.

We will have to schedule a rematch next year, and maybe pick a day when there is no magic player activity, or a different location so that we can play longer and maybe get turn 4 or even 5 done. Don't worry, I won't be so easily distracted by pizza next time.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2011, 02:47:29 PM »
I am thinking maybe next year we can look into a location kinda between us and maybe get a hotel with a conference room we can use.  Get a group rate and invite all the WotW members in FL or surrounding area for maybe a weekend type event.   I will still get with Janner and see what it would take to organize something on a larger scale. 

We could look at doing an ork type tournament one day and maybe a mega apocalypse battle one day. 

I am all down for something larger scale even though it might be a pain to organize.

I have been debating what to add to my ork Nob that took out Gitburna. 

Ya my mega dread might get some markings for his kills as well.   I really liked his kill kannon on paper but it seems kinda useless in general given it's short range.  I think I only fired it once at the flash gitz. 

I seriously think I am going to paint the Stompa's psycho-gattla gold and throw some skull / kills on it for every vehicle it took down.  Though I might need to use hash marks as i might not have room for skulls (lol). 

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2011, 03:55:07 PM »
@ AOD 007  Hmm let's see if I had enough time to make arrangements you can count me in,  I'm due for something crazy.  Besides it only 16 hours away if I go slow lol, but it might be worth the trip south to have a good ork time,  just have to get the little woman on board for this idea.   If it's a summer event I could convince her of a little vacation for her and my daughter and a krumpin good time for me.  Of course she might let me go free for the weekend,  lol.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2011, 05:17:05 PM »
@typhon:  Not sure when it would take place.  Probably no time soon.  In all reality probably would be looking at sometime possibly next summer as this summer is coming to a close in a few weeks. 

I gotta see what area would work best or if any other bosses / Nobz wanted to host one in their area as well.   

I can say it will more than likely be in FL. on my and probably Skeetergod's front. 

A lot of great stuff to do in FL area.  I know several areas here would be great locations to have something at and I got some pull with some of the hotels.  Also with some of the gaming groups and gaming organizers of events in FL.

If we do it, it will probably be done big and right.  Maybe even with some prize support if I can get with a friend of mine that organizes large scale 40k events.   With that just expect it to be big though and not just secluded to our WotW.  Though maybe we could plan our own event after the event or what not.