News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Annoying in-game habits  (Read 11229 times)

Offline Boss_Bannednutz

• FLAMER: I flame therefore I am banned.
  • "Quantity haz a qwality all'ts own"-Warboss Stalin
Re: Annoying in-game habits
« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2009, 01:39:54 PM »

You could give your poison sac nids special markings.

Even Monarch Butterflies are colorful.

Wanting you to flee is the least consideration a 'nid would have...he wants you to stay put so he can reach you as soon as possible....

NOTICE

Once again off topic....

Get it on track and keep it there guys, or this will end by other means.

Cheers ~~ moc065
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 03:39:41 PM by moc065 »
"Don't Post Dat!  Spam kills!"

If you traveled at the speed of light, there would be no darkness, and thus no need to turn your headlights on in the first place.  I swear, were you asleep in Physics Class?

Offline Hive Fleet Dread Q'thulu

« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2009, 08:16:01 PM »
turtling or castling does annoy me though this is a tactic not a habit it would be twice as annoying if someone made it a habit.

Offline Bert_the_Turtle

• Major
  • Rule #1: Pillage THEN burn.
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »
I hate it when people fly through their turn without telling me what they're doing.

Slow down! Tell me what you're doing! What are you rolling? Why are you rolling it?

I talk out my turn. People may find that irritating, but at least they know I'm not hiding anything.

"You know the other team is f'd when we're using military hand signals to communicate  :P" -My Buddy Himitsu

Offline Blackveil

« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2009, 09:02:50 PM »
i know it isn't really a problem, but i was playing aganist Ig once and he was doing a whole bunch of orders, and i had no0 clue what he was doing.
2011 Grim Open GT Best General

Offline Bert_the_Turtle

• Major
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2009, 09:13:33 PM »
I think that's more of a general problem than just IG Orders. I think that goes for anyone just doing stuff without telling you what it is they're doing.

"Wait, what do you mean my guys are Doomed? What's Fortune?"

"How're you moving my guys out of cover into range of all your tanks?"

"Why did my Commander just turn into a Squig?"

Explain what you're doing! Especially if you have a new Codex!

"You know the other team is f'd when we're using military hand signals to communicate  :P" -My Buddy Himitsu

Offline Eidolon

« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2009, 10:21:01 PM »
I think that's more of a general problem than just IG Orders. I think that goes for anyone just doing stuff without telling you what it is they're doing.

"Wait, what do you mean my guys are Doomed? What's Fortune?"

"How're you moving my guys out of cover into range of all your tanks?"

"Why did my Commander just turn into a Squig?"

Explain what you're doing! Especially if you have a new Codex!

I almost always ask people I play if they are familiar with eldar. If they are then there is no explanation, if not then I break down all the powers and what not before the game.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2009, 10:26:55 PM »
I hate it when people fly through their turn without telling me what they're doing.

Slow down! Tell me what you're doing! What are you rolling? Why are you rolling it?

I talk out my turn. People may find that irritating, but at least they know I'm not hiding anything.

Yeah, that happens a lot in the team games at the local GW. You'll be standing at one end of the table watching someone's rolls against one of your Boyz mobs, then someone will come over from the other end of the board and give you a handful of dice saying 'make x saves on your Nobz'. I appreciate that multiple players makes things drag, and some people just want to speed the turns up, but at least wait for me to be watching when you're shooting at me!

Offline Bert_the_Turtle

• Major
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2009, 10:31:26 PM »
@Eidolon:

Good man! I think~ ^^

Absolutely. There's no excuse for keeping your opponent ignorant of those sorts of things. There's too many special rules and powers across too many codexes to do that.

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
  • Thousands of troops one goal.
  • Armies: IG, DKOK, TAU, SM
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2009, 09:42:39 AM »
Turtling? Could you elaborate on that, from the sounds of things it's literally staying on one side of the board and not making any attempt at utlising tactics or any of that stuff. Am i close? As an old school Space Wolf player, i'm used to that.

That is exactly it. It is a tactic but I have seen it as a habit. I do not mind seeing it occasionally when it makes sence but all the time is the worst.

Offline Ends_Mouth

• By using the steaming piles of their own dead...
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2009, 10:07:55 AM »
I really hate it when someone claims something is unfair midway through a game, and just packs their stuff and leaves. I just want to smack them. And for the stupidest things too, like their General dying turn two, or them missing all their shots for a small unit one shooting phase. Really, really annoying.

Offline Hive Fleet Dread Q'thulu

« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2009, 11:21:15 AM »
I really hate it when someone claims something is unfair midway through a game, and just packs their stuff and leaves. I just want to smack them. And for the stupidest things too, like their General dying turn two, or them missing all their shots for a small unit one shooting phase. Really, really annoying.
yeah  i had someone leave during an apocalypse game thankfuly there was another player there to take his place his tactics worked better in the game for us he took out a war hound with a few dreadnaugts he dropped in to the enemy deployment zone but this time i don't blame the guy he got a building dropped on top of his eldar

Offline y2jfreak

• beslubber! Drink!
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2009, 03:56:47 PM »

Would you care to clarify that? How did they cause you to start late?

I don't mean to be combative, but as a former redshirt I find your attitude toward people who are just doing their job rather aggravating. I don't see how telling you that your time is running out can be considered incompetent. Was this near to closing time, or were there more people waiting for a table to play? I mean, I wouldn't have moved someone off a table without good reason, I don't see why other redshirts would do any different.

My apologies, I was in a rather foul mood, and that incident actually just concerned 1 redshirt who was being quite frankly a dick with the gaming times.

another annoying habit, spectators predicting a roll and it actually happens. For example, someone interupting the game with, "Its a 1." Guess what I roll?

Offline Boss_Bannednutz

• FLAMER: I flame therefore I am banned.
  • "Quantity haz a qwality all'ts own"-Warboss Stalin
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2009, 05:12:21 PM »

another annoying habit, spectators predicting a roll and it actually happens. For example, someone interupting the game with, "Its a 1." Guess what I roll?

Lol sounds like you're a bit sensitive. That's half the fun of a game, calling it before they roll it. Then you can go "YES! MY LONE NOB TELLS KHARNE AND THE OTHER ZERK SQUAD TO EAT amphetamine parrot AND beslubber off!"
"Don't Post Dat!  Spam kills!"

If you traveled at the speed of light, there would be no darkness, and thus no need to turn your headlights on in the first place.  I swear, were you asleep in Physics Class?

Offline Neostrider

« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2009, 05:57:26 PM »
that's fun and all, but I think someone else coming over and calling my roll a failure or my opponents roll a success would be a bit uncalled for.  We all know the person has no actual affect on the roll but when it happens its so easy to blame that person.

I hate players who say I didn't do something that I did.  I had a tournament where my opponent left during my turn, and when he came back claimed I didn't do doom because he didn't see it.  We had to roll for it because he didn't stay to watch.  Why was I punished? no idea.

Offline y2jfreak

• beslubber! Drink!
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »

Lol sounds like you're a bit sensitive. That's half the fun of a game, calling it before they roll it. Then you can go "YES! MY LONE NOB TELLS KHARNE AND THE OTHER ZERK SQUAD TO EAT amphetamine parrot AND beslubber off!"

lol your probably right. moving on...

Offline Ends_Mouth

• By using the steaming piles of their own dead...
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2009, 02:17:58 AM »
It amphetamine parrots me when my opponent sits there umming and ahhing for about 20 minutes, without doing anything. Planning is important and i can respect that, but some people take WAY too long. And well, i get bored. Plan during my turn please.