News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pt Order army (Dark Elves)  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
1000pt Order army (Dark Elves)
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:04:56 PM »
My old Dark Elf army, repurposed as an Order Alliance of monster hunters.

Black Ark Fleetmaster (General)
Sorceress

20 Black Ark Corsairs (Cutlass and Blade, full command)
5 Drakespawn Knights

Drakespawn Chariot

War Hydra

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

Again, any input appreciated. I don't have a huge variety of units to call upon, but I've got a lot.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: 1000pt Order army (Dark Elves)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:23:13 PM »
This army has no battleline, so it's illegal.

Scourge privateers are only battleline in a scourge privateers allegiance army, and drakespawn Knights are only battleline in an order serpentus army.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 04:08:12 PM »
So you can't have them as battle line in an Order Alliance? Ugh.

Then I *don't* have a legal order army. I have some darkshards, but they're Darkling Coven battleline.

EDIT: So, hold on--where does it designate that they're battleline for their faction only? Because according to the AoS app and to Battlescribe, this *is* legal.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:11:59 PM by Wyddr »

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 04:37:05 PM »
Don't trust battlescribe, and the waraci builder app designates units that can be battleline *if* certain requirements are met.

The generals handbook lists which units are battleline, or battleline in specific circumstances (faction, general etc).

For Aelves, the units which are battleline for order are:

Sisters of slaughter,witch aleves, bleakswords, darkshards and dreadapears.

Each of the allegences, have additional battleline they unlock. 
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 05:27:49 PM »
Well, that's lame. I'm presuming if I designate a Scourge Privateer allegiance, then I won't be able to take all that other stuff.

So, my old Dark Elf army is well and truly dead.  :-\

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 05:30:49 PM »
Darkshards, bleakswords and dreadapears are generic order battleline. Do you have none of those?

If you choose scourge privateers allegence, all units must share the scourge privateers keyword, you can have allies, but they can't fulfill battleline.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 09:25:49 AM »
Back in the World That Was, I ran a corsair-themed Druchii force and passed on spears as they were too defensive in posture for me (Bleakswords didn't even exist!). I think I do have about 20 Darkshards squirreled away somewhere (unpainted) as I was beginning to slowly transition into a more "normal" dark elf army when the world exploded.

• Ancient
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 11:20:08 AM »
Ah okay. Well if you get those 20 darkshards all sorted, you'll have two 10 man units as battleline and will be off to the races at games 1000pts and under.

Or, once you have the generals handbook, you might want to see which subfractions you'll want to focus on.

I'm expecting we'll see a beast of chaos/ legions of Nagash type book for the survivors of Azyr, which will bring all the legacy Aelf factions in line.

You can if you want run a corsair army,and take scourge runner chariots and privateers are battleline, but then you're just limited on allies (both points and number of units).

The reaper bolt thrower, being compendium, cannot be taken as an ally, due to its keyword limitations.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 11:25:54 AM »
As with the other lists I've posted here, I don't actually plan on *playing* this army or building it. I was just seeing if I could build a legal army from the models I already own. The answer is looking like "yes, but it will suck."

• Ancient
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 11:32:05 AM »
As with the other lists I've posted here, I don't actually plan on *playing* this army or building it. I was just seeing if I could build a legal army from the models I already own. The answer is looking like "yes, but it will suck."

The darkling covens stuff is pretty solid, but scourge privateers are specifically not terribly good.

But, generic order with no specific allegence is fun,and you have a wealth of options.

I think the tenebral shard is amazing, but can only be taken in a grand alliance order army, as he cannot be allied in to any specific allegences.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria