News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153940 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #860 on: March 19, 2014, 12:59:56 PM »
I too am waiting the delayed release of the new codex. Formerly rumored to be last Febuwaaghry, but now it appears to be slightly delayed by a few months.

However, if there is interest in a campaign by more than three people, then I would be willing to be the scorekeeper, or any other task as needed.

Playing the orks is still a fun thing to do, even with the "outdated" codex we still krump most armies fairly handily. Necrons are a slightly tougher army to beat, but it can be done. Marines are still krumpable as long as you don't stay too far away...

Anyways, let me know and we can get rolling.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #861 on: March 31, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »
Yes hoping a new codex will help kickstart things.  I will be honest I have been working on a few other neglected projects as of recently and just got back from a week vacation.  I look forward to working on a few ork projects in the future though as they still are my fav army of anything I play.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #862 on: May 13, 2014, 09:24:29 AM »
With the Summer coming up and all my finals out of the way, The Nightwalker is back!  ;D I have missed working on my Orks that have been left gray and neglected. Hopefully this time I am here to stay.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #863 on: May 13, 2014, 11:06:48 AM »
Welcome back Nightwalker!

We've all been somewhat absent on the forums this year, we still have 2013 on the first page of the forum.  It's not a bad thing necessarily, its just a general lull, the type which has been experienced before, namely around the tail end of the 3rd edition codex's reign.

The WotW is still here, just like Orkz on a planet waiting for a new challenge to kick us out of complacency and back on the warpath, we are all waiting for a new codex (or possibly a new rulebook), before we once more waaagh to our hearts content.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #864 on: May 13, 2014, 07:56:40 PM »
I could totally go for either a new codex or a new rule book.  I will say 6th edition has pushed me more into fantasy which I have been working on recently.   Would love an excuse to start working on my orks again.  I have been lingering as well since activity isn't very high I only check back every so often.  But have no fear I am still around.   Hope skeetergod is doing good.

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #865 on: May 14, 2014, 06:06:21 AM »
I have to say the opposite has been true for me.  6th edition has cemented my love of all things green.. I picked up my orks at the end of 5th and played a few games but 6th has been a truly enjoyable time to be green for me!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #866 on: May 15, 2014, 11:24:43 AM »
Well, I have put my new rule book on pre order, and am waiting to see how to again adapt my ork forces to a set of rules they weren't written to be compatible with.  ;)

I am still hoping that soon this year we will see the new ork codex, they did just finish the IG with lots of new toys. Let us hope the orks get the same treatment. It would be nice to have actual anti aircraft stuff rather than a large squad of tank bustas or lootas, (read; vehicles I can paint red) so we will have to wait and see.

I have been playing campaigns, and it does bring a different level to my ork madness. I am actually trying to acquire some new boss models, and have been cruising ebay a lot. I may have to just buy some nobs and make a few new bosses. Of course, I could "wait" and see what GW will be releasing but us orks are not known for our patience.  :D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #867 on: May 18, 2014, 01:09:15 PM »
I am excited too.  If rumors are true my Weirdboy might finally come out of his box.   I plan on waiting for the new boxed set...  rumors are saying Orks and Blood Angels.  I can't justify spending the money on the new rulebook need some plastic goodies to go with it.   I am excited for a new edition though and from what I am hearing Orks will be the next codex release.  Hoping that is true. 

Bring on the goodies we need it and pray for a more streamlined rule version for 7th to trump over the total failure of 6th and bring gamers back to the game.

Offline Warlord Argh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #868 on: May 20, 2014, 09:48:49 AM »
Be careful with the new Box set.  RUMOR ONLY is that the book with the box set will not be a full rule book.  Which would suck, as that is how I have bought the last few - with minis attached. 

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #869 on: May 23, 2014, 08:26:03 AM »
Be careful with the new Box set.  RUMOR ONLY is that the book with the box set will not be a full rule book.  Which would suck, as that is how I have bought the last few - with minis attached.

Depends what they mean by that - the mini rulebook has never been a "full rulebook", but that's because it cuts out all the extra pages of pretty pictures, missions, hobby tips etc etc. Although maybe GW have finally figured out that no one ever used the giant rulebook...
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #870 on: May 23, 2014, 06:17:24 PM »
New rules...new look...As long as I can KRUMP something, I'm always game!  I'm practically holding my breath for the new codex...I'm hopin' this summer...I'll be satisfied if 7th ed doesn't push toe to toe combat even further onto a back burner (I'm still smartin' from 6th ed uber shootin'...).  Also, I feel a certain dread creeping into my brainpan from the back and forth about psychic power resurgence.  For those who remember 2nd/3rd ed with the Uber Character and his retinue of hangers on, psychic powers then were king, with everything else secondary.  Wasn't wild about that...Even if we have a MegaMind of our own, preferablly green to blue, I still love the idea of krumpin' to mind wars...just sayin'...
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #871 on: May 24, 2014, 10:25:26 AM »
The new rule book (currently being drooled over) does indeed add in a new turn phase: mind power stuff.  :'(

The good news is, that as long as we can get close enough, those puny psychers will still die a propa choppy death.

Having been going against a lot of eldar lately, I am getting used to the various farseer trickses, and have found that a truck load of boys is most often the cure.

Of course since they have made escalation as part of the main rules now, a stompa should be able to deal with any and all librarians, lords, farseers, etc. etc. etc.   ;D

I was surprised that the new rule book comes as a set of three. The rules in one book, the fluff in another, and the modeling stuff in yet another. Making it convenient that we no longer have to tote a ten pound book with us, just a three pounder... ;)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #872 on: July 29, 2014, 07:11:02 AM »
I know this is a bit over due, but in light of some of the toof earning activity going on I decided to get up to date.

The Bank Account: HERE Has been updated.

If you feel that you earned some teef and they are not there, just let me know and I will get your account updated tootie sweetie.

As for other stuff; with the new codex and the new rule book, we have some Waaaghing to do, so lets see some more good stuff!

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #873 on: October 2, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »
..........ATTENTION THIS IS A TEST OF THE ORK BROADCAST SYSTEM..........

Now with that out of the way just dropping back in I hope personal life and the desire have not been in favor of the green machine.  SO I making an effort to get back in the waaaaagh.  This is due to I seen the new codex was released I know I've way behind times.  Heck my first and only game in the current edition was showing up at a tourney and asked to run a store army of grey knights.  The horror I had to endure from that but I want to get back into the waaagh and time is favoring me now.   

So I'm just saying I'm back and I'll try and get some life back in the my orks.  Plus I hope to see good thing from here again

Cheers

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #874 on: October 7, 2014, 07:28:37 AM »
Good to see you back, I too have been having real life issues, it is amazing how much time gets sucked away from our orks when not only the honey do list grows to the size of the national debt, but other things need fixed as well. I guess it has just been that kind of year.  ;)

As for the new codex, I have found it to be a bit vexing to my speed freaks. I am still working out the bugs to make a viable "stand a chance" of winning list. It seems that the codex got heavily slanted towards the kan wall style of build, so all the foot sloggers are liking it a bit more than I am at the moment.

Hopefully with schools back in session and the tourist season drawing to a close, there will be more activity on this forum as it seemed to come to a screeching halt just about the time that schools were starting again. Orktober seems to have snuck up on us like a grot, and soon it will be time for the saint snick contest again. MY o MY; time flies.

Offline theredemption

• my waaagh is bigger than yours
  • Armies: orks and only orks
« Reply #875 on: October 30, 2014, 01:41:25 PM »
Hello all,
New to warhammer 40k been at it about 3 months now and have a nice sized waaagh going, reading this thread and am interested in how I start and  earn my respect. I'm not the only ork player in my area but I'm the largest, he had switched to chaos since seeing my waaagh/army.
Anywho I like the site and am hoping to get built up.
Thanks
300 boys should be enough rite?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #876 on: November 3, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
Welcome to the WoTW, where we all endeavor to krump our enemies, see them flee before us and hear the lamentations of their players...

Things are a little slow at the moment, for some reason the other bosses think that full time work in the RL takes precedence over running the board, silly bosses. I will have to send some of my grots to lean on them, or at least give them a swift kick and run...

This is still the best ork forum on the whole www, and we aim to please. I check this board almost daily (when she who must be obeyed lets me) and and am happy to reply and answer any questions as I can.

I am a speed freak player, so those who have other types of army builds might show up and answer some question if your list seems to fit their category (kan wall, foot slogger, rolling thunder, etc. etc. etc.) I will be happy to convert you into a card carrying member of the kult of speed (aka the KOS) and am always willing to seek prothelizing opportunities.

I would tell you to run away now, as orks are highly addictive, but I see it is too late and you are hooked.

Hope to see you around the boards. No go and krump. 

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #877 on: March 3, 2015, 07:40:01 AM »
I must confess that while the board was down I didn't work on the bank account at all. And now, the program I was using doesn't work anymore... So, I will have to go to using the old manual methods of bookkeeping until I can get a new program, or something. I will get the newest update to the bank account out as soon as I detangle the mess I have. I know that nobody is threatening any riots or such because of it, but I wanted to let you all know that the teef have not disappeared into cyberspace.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #878 on: March 5, 2015, 08:15:10 PM »
Well this would be the public place to discuss this.

When Gutstikk formed the committee to discuss attempting a 3rd reformation of an Ork Chain of Command we were getting around a dozen new posts a day in our Ork forum, and after I was nominated and set up the original Way of the Waaaagh Mega thread the post count on our little forum exploded into one of the most active parts of 40konline.  When I had to step down to a more middle management position due to real life issues and AoD took control of the shape of the WotW, we saw the numbers explode into the largest CoC structure on the 40konline site.

This is the legacy that Angel of Death 007, Skeetergod, Dropfall, Deathpepper, adamscurr, and I left the forum.  And it's one that I think not just us as part of the Bosspole command structure is proud of, but all members.

So the question is this; do we want to continue trying to keep this going for the time being with an incredibly small pool of posters, or do we put the WotW on a temporary hiatus until traffic picks up?  I'm posting this here for all to see, because its a real question to the community, or rather the posters left.

Let us know here in this thread if we should try to keep trucking on, and if so then I know I'll work on having a new Orky designed 40k mission each quarter, maybe try to run a model build contest in between those.  Skeetergod and AoD may very well make similar pledges of interesting content that we can plop out, but it's really up to you guys to let us know if we should put in the time and effort (and trust me its a lot harder than it looks!)

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #879 on: March 9, 2015, 04:06:58 PM »
OD et al:  First:  You guys rock!  You knew when to post contests, when to post critiques, and articles and kept the community going on a pretty even keel.  After the great crash of '14-'15, I believe the community went into a shock like state, wondering when/if the forums would come back, if it was worth checking on every week or 2...I did.  I'm glad it's back.  Is it the same as what it was, no; but change and growth is not a bad thing.  If we're slow starting, then so be it.  I for one would really hate to see the forum go into hibernation mode and then come out later with no real interest.  There's interest out there, we've just got to remember why this forum was the best in the first place and try to reach out again.  Let's try to carry on, "keep trucking" as it were...Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

I'm supporting whatever you as the "bosses" decide, like a propa ork, untils I can krump ya from behind...hehehehe.. .Anyway, we've got a good thing here.  Let's try to breathe a little more life into it.  I know we've lost member, like a maple looses leaves in the fall, but I'd like to think we can bounce back.

My 2 teef, again...
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?