News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Hive City of Quaranticus  (Read 33617 times)

Offline burgers4me

• Burgers, The Delicious Graduate
    • Story of The Gods (SotG)
Re: The Hive City of Quaranticus
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2010, 01:57:06 AM »
The little ripper follows the group. The have arrayed themselves together, marching down the long promenade towards the spaceport. To their left loud noises that could be gunfire can be heard. On the other side, the revving of engines echoes through the streets. Up ahead, the dying trees line the crossroads.
What, Wait?

Why do I even have this thing...

"There is no such thing as a bad story. Just one that can be improved."

Offline Guardsmen's Bane

« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2010, 02:42:38 AM »
Watching the team walk away, Farseer Othera peers into the future.

Seeing bloodshed, war, and cookies, Farseer Othera follows the mon - keigh and alien beasts

Offline Shalken

• DeviantART
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2010, 08:15:33 AM »
The Ravener uses its keen sense of smell to determine what is to the left. It then sends out psychic waves to the others.

Prey is nearby.

Action: senses food and alerts the others.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2010, 09:07:55 AM by Wolf Lord Shalken, Bringer of Destruction »
"What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
- Gandalf

Offline burgers4me

« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2010, 06:22:43 PM »
(Note: Ask and you shall see....)

Leaving the map in sand, the ripper follows the others.
What, Wait?

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
  • Armies: Alaitoc Eldar, Orks
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2010, 07:22:30 PM »
Skullkrakka runs along behind the ogryn, shooting random Guardsmen with his Kustom Shoota.  He wonders what is taking everyone so long to catch up, thinking that if his boyz wuz dis slow he'd stop and kill'em for suckin'.  Up ahead at the spaceport, he hears the sounds of Deffguns firing away, and knows it's sum boyz to get ta follow him.
Besides, the FW DCCW is too damn awesome not to put it on a ven dread... Holy Moly! You know something? that's not even a proper DA ven dread; its a generic ven dread with a RW icon plastered on one side after half the icon's wing has been cut away, pathetic! :P

Offline JackofBlades

• Mwuhahahahaha
« Reply #185 on: June 1, 2010, 05:30:53 AM »
Lars was panicking now, he desperately tried to stay ahead of the shooting. He was flailing Rocket Boy around him in a wild attempt to force the guardsmen back. 

Offline Shalken

• DeviantART
« Reply #186 on: June 1, 2010, 08:00:47 AM »
As if jumping off a diving board, the Ravener leaps into the air, then plunges effortlessly into the soft ground. It silently follows the others by means of its favourite path while keeping a psychic connection with Tigurius.

Action: Dives underground and silently digs a path underneath the party, while keeping a psychic connection to tell what is happening up above.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2010, 09:07:34 AM by Wolf Lord Shalken, Bringer of Destruction »
"What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
- Gandalf

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #187 on: June 2, 2010, 05:26:27 PM »
The Lord of Flowers comes into existence upon a bed of freshly grown flowers. "Come, my lovelies. Its time to experience a higher form of power..." And with this, the Lord of Flowers unleashed and erratic spread of pink lightning across their foes.

Offline Vosrik

• Adventures make one late for dinner!
  • Armies: Space Marines
« Reply #188 on: June 3, 2010, 03:59:49 AM »
Tigurius warps to the side of the Necron Lord of.......flowers  ???......and opens up the dreaded Vortex of Doom above the helpless enemies.

Offline Shalken

• DeviantART
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2010, 03:53:09 AM »
(Buuuuuurgers....... .people are getting bored out here!)
- Gandalf

Offline burgers4me

« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »
(Nag and you shall be rewarded! :D)

The little ripper watches as the group continues to move forward, weapons up and blasting. They reach the crossroads as from left, a platoon of guardsmen retreats infront of you, fighting of a horde of manic greenskins. From the right, the engine sounds reveal themselves to be the exhaust of two Trukks, filled with some 'Ard Boys. With a purple light playing around their eyes, the boyz unleash their fury.

Watching the carnage, the little ripper figures this is gonna hurt...

OBJECTIVE: Save the Guardsmen, or kill them.

- God-modding

(Note: the points shall be fully integrated now, I just need a chance to fully put it in)
(And nag you shall recieve)

Burgers!
What, Wait?

Offline Rems

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2010, 07:16:26 PM »
OOC- Points- Bloodsplatter and god modding? I assumen you mean extra points for lots of descriptive bloody narraitive and no godmodding? Or do you want us to god mod?

Come, companions let us save these servants of the throne! Hold your ground cowards, your deliverance is at hand

To himslef he adds; it will be good to purge some mortals for their failure, let them feel some of my pain

Loken leaps infront of one of the trucks, storm bolter extended. Blasting away he makes ready to stop the hurtling truck with his body, he will attempt to stop it with a shoulder barge when it hits him, whereupon he will comence the destruction of those inside.

Action: I want to save the guardsmen. I am trying to stop one of the trucks with my astartes strength.

Offline Vosrik

• Adventures make one late for dinner!
  • Armies: Space Marines
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2010, 03:57:20 AM »
Rems, you can't make it bloody and include the gory details unless you god-mod, so I think he wants us to because he won't be here often ;)

Varro steps to the Trukk and launches the Machine Curse, immobilising the crude vehicle and sending it tumbling. Orks flew out of the Trukk and landed in front of the second Trukk, which made no exertions to stop rumbling along. Turning his attention to the guardsmen fighting the Orks, he opened up the Vortex of Doom over the senseless greenskins, sucking them into the black horrors of the Warp.

Offline Shalken

• DeviantART
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2010, 04:02:08 AM »
Sensing the fight above, the Ravener positioned itself under the Guardsmen and Orks

Bursting from the depths, it began slashing its talons at the greenskins. Blood and gore flew left and right as the Ravener consumed its helpless, terrified victims.
- Gandalf

Offline Guardsmen's Bane

« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2010, 04:43:27 AM »
Watching the orks and mon-keigh fight it out, the farseer peers into the future, watching the enemies movements, and then concentrating to hit them there
Action: enemies are doomed
Farseer Othera then draws her witchblade, and runs at the orks. She swings her sword, with anger, but also with care. After ten seconds of slicing, Othera stops, and watches 10 Ork bodies fall to the ground. From behind, an ork runs at the farseer. The ork stops and swings it's choppa, but the farseer swings around, stopping the axe with her sword, then flinging the enemy weapon aside, before driving her head forward, pushing the point of her helmet into the Ork, before pulling upwards and slicing him in half.

Farseer Othera looks over at the ripper, and to make sure that it's safe, she tries to cast fortune, but fails. A Hole rips through the air, revealing the warp in it's full horror, but the farseer ignores it almost instantly, before picking up two orks and throwing them into the closing hole.

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2010, 05:59:02 PM »
Watching the others decide who lives and who dies, the Lord of Flowers was disgusted by everyone's display. Teleporting himself between the Orks and the guardsmen, the Lord plunged its staff into the ground and unleashed a shockwave of pink energy. "LOVE and Peace!" cried out the Lord of Flowers. For each guardsman and ork the energy touched, it would have been akin to being submitted to the hedonistic passions of Slaanesh.

Offline JackofBlades

• Mwuhahahahaha
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2010, 05:22:51 AM »
(I'm really sorry guys, but real life is starting to catch up to me and I don't think I'll be able to continue playing.)

Lars continued to flail Rocket Boy around him in a wild panic, but the ever advancing guardsmen slowly brought him to his knees. Softly he fell and clutching Rocket Boy died.

Offline burgers4me

« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2010, 06:46:16 AM »
The little ripper watched as gory scene took place before him.

The two Astartes tore forward, one cursing a trukk into a pile of scrap metal. The second trukk thundered through the scrap only to be halted by the cold fury of a armored shoulder. The orks rushed forward, and the two replied with bolter and the mind, ruthlessly cutting down the crazed greenskins. The right flank was silent.
On the left, the Eldar was a lithe form of death, leaping and slicing and dodging, distracting all with an orgy of destruction. And from the least expected quarter, below, the Ravener burst upwards with is great maw seizing all within reach. Ork blood stained the streets as the four finished of their foes.
The sergeant of the wounded and pursued guardsmen stood, and an tried to raise a word of thanks. His words were halted by the robotic construct. With a wave of pink, flowery energy the assemble gaurdsmen were killed in a most gruesome, sexual manner.

The little ripper crawled through the piles of corpses, avoiding ruptured entrails. Wondering if the Cookie-Emperor was pleased, hes looked at the four roads they could take.
Ahead was the promenade, war torn and rife with fighting. Ignoring the milk bar they had just left, the ripper looked to the left and right. While the right had echoes of far off gunfire, the left was quiet save for a slight buzzing. Both quickly turned, blocking sight further
As the cookies fell from the sky, the ripper simply waited, regarding the cooling corpse of Lars.

(Quite all right JackofBlades, hope everything works out)

OBJECTIVE: Pick a direction

Cookie Count!
Loken (Rems) - 4 (Objectives achieved)
Tigurus (Vosrik) - 4 (Objectives achieved)
Ravener (Wolf) - 5 (Objectives achieved, with extra consuming :))
Othera (Bane) - 5 (Objectives acheived, with some nice writing)
Flower Lord (Argos) - 8 (Objective achieved, with a mass-violation to boot)

Burgers!
What, Wait?

Offline Rems

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2010, 08:26:31 AM »
"I say we go straight ahead, the fastest and most dangerous path" it will prove my devotion to my emperor. "Fortune favours the brave, wretches". Spoke Loken, regarding the fallen guardsmen with a sense of regret.

"Necron if you dare defile another serveant of the emperor i will rip your circuits out!" He raged, before adding quietly "Unless i demand a right purging, oooh". Regaining control of himself he glares at the others, waiting for their no doubt useless input.

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2010, 05:05:35 PM »
The Flower Lord stared blankly at Loken. If a look could be anymore blank and bored, the Flower Lord was expressing it. Reaching down for one of the fallen cookies reserved for the Necron, the Flower Lord returned its expressionless glare upon the human.

"I do what needs to be done," the Flower Lord smashes a cookie across the teeth-etchings on its metallic skull, as though to eat it.