News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warp Heads... How do you use them?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Warp Heads... How do you use them?
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:14:55 AM »
So, as my ork horde is going ever larger...  I've been kicking around the idea of trying out some new HQ's...  I run an Evil Sunz force, so primarily I've always used warbosses and Big Meks, as it fits with the half mechanized theme...

However, for kicks I've been considering the warp head...  I re-read over his rules and he is pretty cool, if a bit unreliable... 

So my question is, for anyone out there who fields these guys, how do you run?  Equipment?  Units to accompany?  How successful have you been with them?

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Seth the Dark

• On the Maiden world called "Earth"
Re: Warp Heads... How do you use them?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:30:02 AM »
I would stick him in a mob of Shoota Boyz since he has 2 shooty powers, can increase their attacks and teleport them around the table. Also, he only has one upgrade so he is rather simple equipement wise.
"They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Offline Ner'Zhul

• Necrontyr Immortal | Ripper
  • Needs more Desu
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 08:33:56 AM »
The only warpead I like is the named one (his name escapes me right now).  I would stick him in a 10 strong nob squad, a cheap nob squad though.  This way you have a good body guard and if you do roll the teleport, you foot print won't be so large.

And remember his powers, except for ead bang, are never waist.  In melee those shooting attacks become power weapons, and with his +d6 attacks, that is a good deal.  Not to mention his independent character killer ^_^

Offline Qui-Gon Jinn

• Jedi Master of the Editorial Order, TechMarine
  • May the Force be with you!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:12:31 AM »
His name is Zogwart.
As has been stated, combat monster if you roll Power Weapons.

As for anyone but him, I can imagine you take the Warphead for fun, or for relying on the occasional Waaaaagh! Roll.

Chaos Daemon Army
The Army in all its glory!
The Battle Reports of the Army

W/L/D
55/11/7

Chaos Poster of 2009!
Bow before me! :P

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 09:33:47 AM »
Flash Gitz benefit greatly from warpheads, so long as you don't have a deepstrike mishap. Almost anything the warphead rolls up will benefit the gitz.

Remember though in small mobs your psychic check is like to fail when you want it to succeed, and vice versa.

Weirdboys without the warpead are great in low-point games, as they are nice and affordable, and occasionally are useful too!

Offline Sightless Blind - Free Booter Ork

• Ork Boy
  • BLOOD FOR TH-----I mean......WAAAAAAGHHHHH!!!!
    • My Youtube Channel.....with Orks!!
  • Armies: Orks, Necrons, Warriors of Chaos
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 11:30:30 PM »
I often field warpheads, but after reading about zogworts viper nest power, I think I might have to run him with those nobs from the black reach boxs I bought.

Eavy armor & big choppas isnt too expensive to run with him I think. Nice little punch.
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only me trying to save money on these #@%!!!ing models.

My Hell Boyz WAAAAGHHHHHH
Hell Boyz - My Theme Army(updated 6/8/09) - Orks - 40K Online

Check out my 40k videos on my youtube channel.
SightlessBlind - YouTube

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:38:31 PM »
I often field warpheads, but after reading about zogworts viper nest power, I think I might have to run him with those nobs from the black reach boxs I bought.

Eavy armor & big choppas isnt too expensive to run with him I think. Nice little punch.

My Weirdboy model will probably have his cape painted like Superman - but the shield on the back will be a "Z" instead of an "S."  "Z" for "Zogwort, of course - he's the only one you MUST try.  Warpheads are OK, Weirdboyz are just plain risky.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN