News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 points Tournament-Campaign Mech-Eldar list.  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Adrastos

• Infinity Circuit
  • Echoes in the void...Death your guide.
1500 points Tournament-Campaign Mech-Eldar list.
« on: November 25, 2009, 03:12:16 AM »
I've built a 1500 point list for the current Campaign-Tournament that I am in that I'd like to have critiqued. The Scenario includes objectives, I believe it is Seize Ground and either DoWar or Pitched Battle deployment.

HQ: 255
Autarch, Fusion Gun, Power Weapon, Mandiblasters 100
Farseer, RoWit, RoWard, SS, Fortune, Doom 155

Elite: 300
8x Scorpions, Exarch, Scorp Claw 155
 -Wave Serpent, Bright Lance, Spirit Stones 145

Troops: 649
5x Dire Avengers, 60 points
6x Jetbikes, 2x Cannons 152
11x Storm Guardians, 2x Flamers 100
 -Warlock, enhance 40

Heavy Support: 185
Falcon, Star Cannon, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones 185

Fast Attack: 110
1x Vypers, Shuriken Cannon 50
1x Vyper, Scatter Laser 60

Total: 1499

Some of you may have already looked over my 800 and 1000 points lists for this very campaign. If so I appreciate you taking the time on those as well. I recently played the 800 point game today and won. The 1000 point game is this Saturday and the 1500 point game should follow next Tuesday. I have some modeling at minimum and hopefully some painting to do before next Tuesday rolls around. Right now I'm 3/4, my loss being to Chaos Marines during a combat patrol. Damn night fight rules...Damn plague marines...I'd like to maintain the fairly solid winning level I have achieved so far while not stepping into the outright competitive and cheesy.

If I play well enough come the 1000 point game I should get a chance to gain some neat veterancies so that may influence the final version of the list, but not much.

The current list is designed to handle all comers, and I certainly have a broad range of enemies to deal with. The Scorpions will ride in their serpent with the Farseer and Autarch. Once they reach their destination I intend to use them much the same way people use seer councils as they can tank hunt and infantry hunt quite well while Fortuned and Dropping doom all over enemies.

The Jetbikes and Stormies are going to be used to provide forward support for the Scorpions. I have added the Vypers instead of say...dropping the 'lock and 11th stormy for a tank, because I feel that having additional separate models on the board will help disperse the incoming fire better. I can expect to loose them, I realize, but I'm tired of not having enough maneuvering elements in my lists. Also I have found that using Vypers as the Codex suggests, to support the Jetbikes, works pretty decently. Having one with a SL also allows me to start harassing my foe very early in the game, I could not afford two.

The Falcon and Wave Serpents provide primary AT firepower. Additionally the Falcon is there to serve as a dedicated anti-MEQ unit as I have and can only have a small amount of it simply by the way it exists in the codex.

The Game Master for this campaign is trying to both be fluffy and fun, so I can count on an interesting scenario with weird rules. Additionally I know I will NOT be fighting the other Eldar player. I also know he is trying to avoid having us fight the same opponent and army type more than once, at least for the first volly. I have already faced CSM, IG, 'Nids, and SM. This leaves Tau, Orks and Necrons.  It is highly likely I will be facing one of these three in the 1000 point game and one in the 1500 point game.

So while critiqueing please consider that it is indeed an all commers list and consider how it would fair against these three types of foes.

Also to help you critique, I do not mind suggests of other units or combinations. However I have some fluff restrictions on my army composition in this case and some actual Model restrictions that limit my selections, these are as follows;
-No Eldrad, Yriel or Pheonix Lords in this mission
-Harlequins will not be taken for this mission
-I cannot take any Wraith units (nor do I own any)
-I do not own War Walkers, Guardian Support Platforms, Warp Spiders, more Falcons or Wave Serpents.

Additionally I've noticed I have a tendency to shut people down by arguing with their suggestions, understand I want you to debate with me. Otherwise we never come to a good conclusion about the best list available to me.

Please help your Eldar brother win this day.
Thank you for your time in advance. 

-Adrastos of Khorsha.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:17:10 AM by Adrastos »
I do not need to kill you Mon-Keigh, you will kill yourself.

Offline Dunedain

• Distance..out of reach...just a hair's breath away
Re: 1500 points Tournament-Campaign Mech-Eldar list.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:00:14 AM »
i'd advise swapping enhance for destructor. The str5 AP4 flamer template is nasty. plus, you shouldn't need to do much assault by the time your done firing the flamers. The few models that manage to withstand this firey hell will be easily wiped out by your stormies plentiful attacks, even if they are only WS3.

i'd also advise dropping runes of witnessing and getting the shuriken cannon vyper a EML instead. The longer range means the vyper has more protection form return fire.
We passed upon the stairs. He spoke of was and when. Although i wasn't there, he said i was his friend. which came as a surprise

I spoke into his eyes "I thought you died alone, a long long time ago."

He laughed "Oh no, not me, we never lost control, you're face to face, with the man who sold the world"

Quote from: Warfare;45947
Thank you Captain Politically Correct.
To survive in this world, one must be as mad as a hatter...thankfully, i am

I will kill the pedobears.All of them. Forever

Offline Adrastos

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 03:13:57 PM »
I was thinking to myself, as I was writing up my list, that should I get hit by Orks I'd like the guardians to be able to strike first. Little did I remember that even with Furious Charge Orks would strike after my Guardians. Of course they'd also need a 3+ to hit...but really, if I get charged by the boys, I'm probably dead any way. So extra flamer it is!

I am opposed to dropping RoWit in this case simply because I do not have a fallback Embolden warlock if I fail. Even just last game I rolled 5-6-6 on a Psych test, statistically unlikely, but it can happen. The survival of my Scorp unit ultimately relies on succeeding those tests, so I need the extra insurance.

Here is the revised list.

HQ: 255
Autarch, Fusion Gun, Power Weapon, Mandiblasters 100
Farseer, RoWit, RoWard, SS, Fortune, Doom 155

Elite: 300
8x Scorpions, Exarch, Scorp Claw 155

Troops: 636
5x Dire Avengers, 60 points
10x Storm Guardians, 2x Flamers 92
 -Warlock, Destructor 35

Heavy Support: 185
Falcon, Star Cannon, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones 185

Fast Attack: 120
2x Vyper, Scatter Laser 120

Total: 1496

Offline Dunedain

• Distance..out of reach...just a hair's breath away
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 03:16:57 PM »
looks much better. good luck with the tourney! Show those mon keigh that eldar rule!

We passed upon the stairs. He spoke of was and when. Although i wasn't there, he said i was his friend. which came as a surprise

I spoke into his eyes "I thought you died alone, a long long time ago."

He laughed "Oh no, not me, we never lost control, you're face to face, with the man who sold the world"

Quote from: Warfare;45947
Thank you Captain Politically Correct.
To survive in this world, one must be as mad as a hatter...thankfully, i am

I will kill the pedobears.All of them. Forever

Offline Adrastos

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
looks much better. good luck with the tourney! Show those mon keigh that eldar rule!

Will do! And thanks for the help! I'll report back the results come next tuesday.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 10:50:56 PM »
I wouldn't suggest the Starcan on the Falcon. If you are moving more than 6" with it a turn(Which you should be to keep the scoring unit alive), then it is wasted points. I would suggest an EML instead since it costs less that the STarcan, has better range than the Starcan and the same range as the pulse laser, and can still be fired as a template if you move more than 6".

I would personally drop this DAVU Falcon though you will still have 3 scoring units and can put more points into extra Vypers.

Offline Savatar

• Eldar sleek freak
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 06:57:32 AM »
I like the list however if you plan on supporting the jetbikes with the vypers covering the scorpions you could change the SL to 2Shuri cannons.The jetbike slide will give them cover and although shorter ranged those extra 4 str6 shots ups the combined firepower nicely.Keep the Falcon as it will draw lots of fire which is what it is for.
Realists are hampered  by their inability to comprehend the nature of reality

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »
Keep the Falcon as it will draw lots of fire which is what it is for.

In a Tourney list, a DAVU Falcon is meant to be a durable scoring unit or late game (Held in reserves as long as possbile), not a sponge to absorb/attract enemy fire.