News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: to hit to wound to save  (Read 326 times)

Offline Warboss_Somefing_Kule

• Flamer: He Who Is Foulmouthed - BANNED
  • For the people! By the People!
to hit to wound to save
« on: November 29, 2005, 02:43:18 PM »
I was wondering if the to hit, the to wound, and the armour saves rolls are all related like this:

A nob with squigs is hit. The nobs are in the majority and so they take the hits and wounds and then the nobs who are wounded get to take an armour save in order to avoid becoming casualties.

or

A nob with squigs is hit. The nobs are in the majority and so they take the hits and wounds but they and the squigs have the same armour value. Even though it was the WS and T of the nob that you rolled against can you allocate the attack to a squig and if the save is failed remove the squig as a casualty instead of the nob.

note: squigs are part of the unit, as in their own model, much like chaos hounds, kroot hounds and ferisian wolves.
BANNED - a petty flamer

Offline reina1

• Voted Rules Lawyer
Re: to hit to wound to save
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 02:46:49 PM »
I was wondering if the to hit, the to wound, and the armour saves rolls are all related like this:
A nob with squigs is hit. The nobs are in the majority and so they take the hits and wounds and then the nobs who are wounded get to take an armour save in order to avoid becoming casualties.
or
A nob with squigs is hit. The nobs are in the majority and so they take the hits and wounds but they and the squigs have the same armour value. Even though it was the WS and T of the nob that you rolled against can you allocate the attack to a squig and if the save is failed remove the squig as a casualty instead of the nob.
note: squigs are part of the unit, as in their own model, much like chaos hounds, kroot hounds and ferisian wolves.
Second one, as per mixed armour. Not that you need a new thread for this. reread mixed armour rules, it's all there.
16,000+pts eldar including all titans
6,000+pts space marines -looking for a reaver titan
4,000+pts tyranids including several biotitans

1,500+pts gobbo army

Offline Warboss_Somefing_Kule

• Flamer: He Who Is Foulmouthed - BANNED
  • For the people! By the People!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »
Yeah I geuss you're right. Even though what was said there is mostly incorrect, in my opinion. I just didn't notice what the original question was and for the record this is the 3rd thread on the same subject, the first and second were by spaceman. The first one can be found in the ork forum.

By the way why do you quote the entire first post when you're only the second to post? Who else would you be talking to? Just curious.
BANNED - a petty flamer

Offline reina1

• Voted Rules Lawyer
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 12:08:11 AM »
depends on how lazy I am, and how much time I have. I try and quote as much of the previous posts to show what I'm answering, without breaking it to piecemeal parts that could be misread out of context.

Glad I could help, and take care
16,000+pts eldar including all titans
6,000+pts space marines -looking for a reaver titan
4,000+pts tyranids including several biotitans

1,500+pts gobbo army