News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: FAQ's for 8th up  (Read 1435 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
FAQ's for 8th up
« on: July 2, 2017, 01:54:41 PM »
The FAQ's are now up.

Nothing to big that I have seen thus far - still reading through them all

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: FAQ's for 8th up
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2017, 02:11:52 PM »
Eldar Starcannons got nerfed. It's not an exact 3 damage now.

Necron catacomb command barge is now a character! Sadly they didn't do anything to Hyperphase or voidblades. They're the same weapon but one is twice the cost!
« Last Edit: July 2, 2017, 02:24:44 PM by Partninja »

Offline MagicJuggler

• Juggling a load of balls
  • Nobody expects the Spanish Ynquisition.
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2017, 03:16:45 PM »
Vehicle cover rules were clarified, in a nonintuitive way.

Can't use the Militarum Auxilia keyword for regiments, so no more giving orders to Ogryns (sadtimes).

The weirdest ruling though regards the Poxwalker Zombie. You get zombies from killing things...even if said things can resurrect. Comedy will be watching Poxwalkers kill Geminae twins or Necrons and getting zombies out of it, despite said supposedly zombified victims resurrecting normally.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2017, 05:31:15 PM »
you can take undersized units now in point play... why have a min unit size at all of this is the case?? Kind of makes brigade detachments easy to get, I can now squeeze in a ton of exarchs... so stupid!

Offline MagicJuggler

• Juggling a load of balls
  • Nobody expects the Spanish Ynquisition.
« Reply #4 on: July 2, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
Fear the Reaper. Normally individual indexes are saying "only one unit per slot-type" for understrength units. That said, Soulburst is now a lot better for shooting apparently:

Q. When can I target an enemy Character that has a Wounds characteristic of less than 10?
A. Such a Character can only be targeted in the Shooting phase if it is the nearest visible model to the firing model. You can target enemy Charactersbwithout restriction in the Psychic phase*, Charge
phase, Fight phase, etc. You may also make shooting attacks at enemy Characters which occur outside the Shooting phase (i.e. when resolving Overwatch in the Charge phase).
« Last Edit: July 3, 2017, 12:24:51 AM by MagicJuggler »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #5 on: July 2, 2017, 11:56:28 PM »
Well this didn't take long. Since the drop was not long ago and players have been going at it, the community has already found so many discrepencies. Unfortunately I myself haven't got to play a game yet so this will help out. Problem is we're having to print off pages and shove them in our new books, already. Please keep adding anymore info here, it will help out hobbiests and players immensly. Getting past this early rules exploitation and getting the ground leveled will help casual players and power gamers be on equally laid battlefields.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #6 on: July 3, 2017, 07:21:24 AM »
Dark Reaper Exarches are not the worst, imagine an army of Dire Avenger Exarches with direswords.
I thing the understrength units will be houseruled.

About the poxwalkers and necrons, now we know the plot for how the necrontyr will regain their physical form, I wonder if Ynnead may manage to free Isha from Papa Nurgle which then leads to Papa Nurgle striking a deal with the C'tan?

My friends Primarines + Acolytes army, was just nerfed, now when the Acolytes are not cheap cannon fodder anymore.

Watch out for Swooping hawks deep striking after turn 3 now.

Shooty psychic powers can be lethal to characters, too bad eldar lost all their shooty powers :(.

Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.