News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Kill Team Addendum  (Read 310 times)

Offline BunniRabbi

• Reason & Faith must coincide, else one risks both.
    • Burgeon Battle Wargame Wiki: A Fan-Collaborated Wargame System
Kill Team Addendum
« on: January 29, 2005, 11:59:20 PM »
     Now I know Kill Team is supposed to be a fairly loose system, but it seems more then a few people think that these rules as given in the 4th ed book are a bit 'off' in some fasion.  Which rules do people use or not use?  Do you have any house rules you use for Kill Team?  Share!

Two house rules we've started using at my local game store:

Replace the 12 model maximum with a twelve wound maximum, as even some of the teams shown in the book have models with more then one wound. 

Special characters may be used with opponents permission.  (So that you can actually field a group of Last Chancers or other appropriate characters, provided you use the rule above as well.)

One Brute Squad may have an additional piece of wargear that could usually be used by it's model type (IE, a guardsmen could have a flamer, an ork could have a big shoota, ect).

Interested in an open-source, player made wargame system?  We could use your help getting off the ground.  http://burgeonbattle.pbworks.com/

Offline Captain Herlock

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Kill Team Addendum
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 04:10:55 AM »
Depends if it's team vs team or vs brutes.  Personally I don't mind the extra squads against me, I expect to lose, and winning is a great thing if you can ever manage to pull it off.  My own group is very flexible, and as it says, you're not deviating the rules if you ignore them, it's a friendly game that's not about nit-picking over what's in the core book or not.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 04:40:22 AM by Captain Herlock »

Offline BunniRabbi

• Reason & Faith must coincide, else one risks both.
    • Burgeon Battle Wargame Wiki: A Fan-Collaborated Wargame System
Re: Kill Team Addendum
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 01:17:02 PM »
  Huh, I've never done team vs team.  Seems like you might as well do a small 40k game.  Still, I guess if you want something like a gang war it makes sense. 
Interested in an open-source, player made wargame system?  We could use your help getting off the ground.  http://burgeonbattle.pbworks.com/