News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Mortal Realms: Issue 5  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Mortal Realms: Issue 3
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 08:08:30 AM »
Every one of these magazines is cheaper than buying the models they come with. I think you can review the whole series in one go, by saying they are a great value.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Mortal Realms: Issue 3
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 07:54:37 PM »
The perceived value of something is not just based on its cost though. For instance even though you still make a saving when the magazine includes just paint I have read on other sites that these releases aren't as popular.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Mortal Realms: Issue 4
« Reply #22 on: March 3, 2020, 10:45:47 AM »
Mortal Realms Issue 4

This issue you get:

Four easy-to-build Glaivewraith Stalkers

Four sculpted bases

One pot of Nihilakh Technical paint

A 88cm x 57cm double sided Battle Mat

A twenty-two page magazine

Wow this issue feels like the bargain of a lifetime. The inclusion of the Battle Mat along with the sprue and technical paint really lifts the feeling of getting something for next to nothing.

The magazine provides information about the Stalkers, Sacrosanct Chambers, the Necroquake and Azyr. It also includes building and painting information for the Stalkers & Nighthaunt, and a playthrough to teach you how to move.

Like all of the previous magazines I find this one well laid out and it is quick to read. It doesn't dwell on any aspect of the hobby for too long and it doesn't overload you with information. I really like them.
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Mortal Realms: Issue 5
« Reply #23 on: April 2, 2020, 11:37:36 AM »
Mortal Realms Issue 5

This issue you get:

One Knight-Incantor Xandria Axurebolt model that is a release that is exclusive to the Mortal Realms collection.

A 38,0mm base

A 58.6cm x 28.5cm double sided leaflet

A twenty-two page magazine

Compared to most of the previous issues this one feels less of a bargain. One miniature made up of eight pieces doesn't provide the feeling of value that some of the other issues has provided. This feeling was backed up by the fact that this issue is another of those that falls apart as soon as you turn a page.

The magazine provides information about magic in the Mortal Realms, Knights Incantor, Xandria, and some history on the wars of the dead. It also includes building and painting information for Xandria, and a playthrough that teaches you how to cast spells.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2020, 11:38:46 AM by Alienscar »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Mortal Realms: Issue 5
« Reply #24 on: April 3, 2020, 10:53:49 PM »
Wow, I hadn't heard about this yet. After this virus thing is over and some normalcy comes back, I'll have to check into it. I have a huge nighthaunt army already and my brother has all the sigmar stuff already so the models not so much but the other stuff is interesting.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #25 on: April 5, 2020, 10:30:14 AM »
Wow, I hadn't heard about this yet. After this virus thing is over and some normalcy comes back, I'll have to check into it. I have a huge nighthaunt army already and my brother has all the sigmar stuff already so the models not so much but the other stuff is interesting.

It's only available in the UK so far, but these series of magazines are a fantastic value. There is one for 40k too, called Conquest. It's not created by Games Workshop, so they are slow rolling them out to different countries.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #26 on: April 5, 2020, 01:33:32 PM »
Ah, that's why I hadn't heard. Thanks

What do they support in conquest?
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword