News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bloodbowl gaming fields WIP  (Read 16261 times)

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • quod me nutrit, me destruit
  • Armies: Harlequins, Eldar, Space Marines, DeathGuard, Nids
Re: Bloodbowl gaming fields WIP
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2016, 04:55:39 PM »
I just increased contrast on the images above a bit so they look more like their real counterparts. That's what you get when you process photos early in the morning.

The Bloodbowl teams by and large correspond to Warhammer counterparts.

There are 24 official Bloodbowl teams by now, and then some experimental teams that can be played with your opponents conscent.

Amazons
Chaos (classic roster consisting of Warriors, Beastmen and a Minotaur as big guy)
Chaos Dwarves (haven't seen them in WHFB after 4th edition)
Chaos Pact (mainly a Marauder team)
Dark Elves
Dwarves
Elves
Goblins (have their own team in Bloodbowl although you can take Goblins in an Ork team as well)
Halflings (also gone from WHFB AFAIK)
High Elves
Humans
Khemri
Lizardmen
Necromantic (Undead with a flavor)
Norse (Norsca were a Warhammer army at some point as well, not to be mistaken with Kislev)
Nurgle (Chaos in yet another flavor)
Ogres (have their own team, however they do not team up with Gnoblars but with Snotlings)
Orks
Skaven
Slann (Apart from the Slann mage priest no current WHFB army for them either)
Undead (Vanilla Undead pretty much based on Vampire Counts fluff)
Underworld (an unholy alliance between Goblins and Skaven)
Vampires
Wood Elves

And then there are some experimental teams

Bretonia
Khorne Deamons

All of these were represented in WHFB at some point. It's just that Games Workshop is very good at ignoring complete miniature ranges they once produced because they do not release rules for them in a current version of their mainstay games. (Same goes for WH40k btw. Demiurg, Squats, Jokaero just to name a few)

With the Norse I would have 15 of the teams listed above. Still a lot of painting to do  :-\

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2016, 07:16:35 AM »
Almost done. Humans

DSC_5823 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_5819 by b j, on Flickr

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2016, 12:44:40 PM »
There are 24 official Bloodbowl teams by now, and then some experimental teams that can be played with your opponents conscent.

24 teams! Is that just to allow people to use their favourite armies or does each army bring something different to the game?

Now that you have adjusted the contrast I like the look of your Orks even more now.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2016, 01:03:05 PM »
Each team brings a different team structure as well as players with different base skills and different abilities to develop additional skills.

Some teams can have 2 blitzer type players (generally tougher, better armoured players with skills that help them stop opposing players) whereas some teams can have 4. Some teams have more catchers. Ball handling types. And other teams have more blockers. Teams like Halflings or Goblins have lots of small players that can easily dodge through opponents defenses, but get hurt badly when blocked. 24 teams really means 24 different styles of playing the game, either in a single game or in a league where teams develop and grow.

Now here is a player that needs some house rules because there are only rules for a Giant referee, and even those are not official

DSC_5917 by b j, on Flickr

My human team is finished. The Giant is more of a fun addition, but if I can come up with some house rules I might even field him in a game

The sewer pitch is almost finished. Well, not quite. I still need to add chain fences and some signs, and I need to dullcoat a lot of surface area

DSC_5918 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_5919 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_5922 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_5926 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_5929 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_5934 by b j, on Flickr

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2016, 01:31:24 PM »
This project continues to impress me no end.  The sewer pitch is fantastic and the giant is a really nice touch to the Human team.  It would be great to see the giant go toe-to-toe with an ogre in an Orc team.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2016, 01:42:22 PM »
When you mention Ogres, you mean the small ones right? ;)

In Bloodbowl Ogres are Strength 5 players (a Human is a Strength 3 player, Halfling St2, Chaos Warrior ST 4 so not all that different from WHFB)

Humans can field an Ogre player. When you look in the back row of that group picture, you will see (from left to right)

The Giant, Conan the bloodbowlian (a model sculpted by Rykar Jove and produced in a limited quantity of 12 pieces) which I use as Thrud, the barbarian (a ST 6 player) and next to him, you'll see someone with a turquose mohawk. That's a 1st edition Bloodbowl Ogre :) Doesn't he look tiny compared to that Giant?

My Ogre team consists of 2nd edition Bloodbowl Ogre models. Not painted yet, but I can make a size comparison shot and add a 5th edition Bloodbowl Ogre as well. The 5th edition Ogre is the one enlisted in my Ork team

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2016, 01:54:22 PM »
I was thinking of Morg n'Thorg, but having just checked his picture online, I realised that I had completely misremembered how tall he is :D.  As a result, my comparison is flawed.

I missed the ogres behind the humans.  They certainly are dwarfed by the giant.  I'm guessing that the best way for other teams to handle the giant is to try to use superior mobility to get around it?

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »
Ganging up against that Giant would work, unless Halflings or Goblins would try that of course ;)

A Dwarven Deathroller with 2 Dwarves to assist would be able to take on that Giant, but ignoring him and running would work as well.

I am not certain on house rules. Galak Starscraper is the only Giant with a set of rules in Bloodbowl and he's a referee, so I will have to figure out something balanced. I know I did that a few years ago but I lost those notes  ???  ::)

Here are some fun photos of work on the Giant.

First, size comparison with a regular human

And next, the size of the pin that connects the elbow, upper arm and shoulder together

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:44:00 PM by the solitaire »

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #68 on: April 3, 2016, 02:05:53 PM »
The sewer pitch project is slowly coming to an end. Most of the construction work is done. I need to finish the enclosing, then paint that and put some clearcoat on it.

I also still have some re-roll markers to build, but when that's done I'm pretty much finished here.

DSC_6130 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_6131 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_6132 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_6133 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_6135 by b j, on Flickr

DSC_6136 by b j, on Flickr

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 3, 2016, 02:19:06 PM »
It looks great with the team standing mid pitch.  It's going to make a fantastic arena for any match.

I also keep envisaging it being used as a lair in a dungeon for Advanced Heroquest.  It would make a great quest room for a Skaven oriented mission.

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #70 on: April 3, 2016, 08:29:02 PM »
If I would play advanced heroquest (I have so far only played the original Heroquest) I think I would recreate a complete modular dungeon, but the sewer pitch would indeed fit well in such a setting.

The fun in such a Heroquest dungeon project would be to recreate hallways, staircases, halls, narrow passageways, hidden passages etc. I could imagine that along with lots of torches mounted on the walls with OSL style painting. Too many ideas for such a project already, and I have not even thought about it really or taken up a pencil to make sketches  :o

The most dangerous bit of such thoughts is that I would need deep pockets for such a project, and have to spend long hours searching ebay for all the oldhammer miniatures I would need to fill those dungeons
« Last Edit: April 3, 2016, 08:30:11 PM by the solitaire »

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2016, 09:46:32 AM »
The sewer pitch project is slowly coming to an end. Most of the construction work is done. I need to finish the enclosing, then paint that and put some clearcoat on it.

I also still have some re-roll markers to build, but when that's done I'm pretty much finished here.

I never really appreciated the scale of this pitch until now. Now that you have included the models the amount of work that you have put into this structure is even more apparent.

In some way it is a real shame that this project is coming to an end. I have really enjoyed watching this Blood Bowl pitch take shape and I have learned about Norse and Deathroller's along the way.

The finished product is sublime.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2016, 09:29:27 PM »
Thank you  :D
a few more details need to be added, but when this is finished I'll have everything ready for the next two pitches

For now, Goblins, just finished

DSC_7268-Edit by b j, on Flickr

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2016, 05:00:31 AM »
They look fabulous :).  I particularly love the troll, who looks suitably imposing.

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2016, 02:13:46 PM »
Thank you :)