News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warlord Titan  (Read 18949 times)

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
Re: Warlord Titan
« Reply #20 on: May 1, 2009, 10:15:18 AM »
Sweet work so far, it's always good to see somebody else do one of your future projects.

I want to make one of these to sell him on ebay.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #21 on: May 6, 2009, 09:18:14 AM »
Just been adding a little more to the back of the titan, these pipes are made from bendy straws.

Some time ago I WAs asked what the Laser cannon would look like, so I have temperally mounted the Laser cannon on the arm.

Also I have been playing about with banners, Since I want this Titan in the Inquisition, see what you think?

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #22 on: May 6, 2009, 02:59:06 PM »
Wow this is coming out nicely will be watching

Will your titian be on a base or free standing??

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #23 on: May 6, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »
Hi all, I have been playing with different designs for the legs since most of the other titans have boxy legs, I was going to go with tubular top to the main knee joint with various shock absorbers, the the lower half rectangle to the foot, with a knuckle joint to the foot, like on the dreadnought, with shock absorbers out to the toes.( how ever anyting could change)
This will be made from 32mm (11/4") waste pipe and various smaller pipes and just a little bit of Lego.
I will start construction of the legs tomorrow. 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;)

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #24 on: May 7, 2009, 10:32:59 AM »
Ok, just a quick update, I recut the legs today out of 32mm waste pipe,
Still making joints for upper leg. knee and ankle joint, but I offered up the body to the new legs and feet just to see the out come.

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #25 on: May 7, 2009, 02:13:03 PM »
The legs look a bit skinny ... almost like chicken legs. ;D ;)

Just kidding.

It looks very promising so far. I'm waiting in anticipation for the final product.
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
Ok its leg time,

You have all seen the pic of the original skeleton legs, now I have started to put meat onto the bones.

First I used 32mm (11/4") pipe covers, 1 x top of leg, 2 x to make knee joint, 1 x for ankle joint.

I also used a 32mm plastic nut, plastic bottle caps, rain water gutter down pipe (68mm) and foam board + a little lego with some various pipes.

see what you think, still a little more to add on the legs.

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 09:37:05 AM »
OK then just a quick update on my baby, one leg finished just need to add armour plates, Volcano cannon needs plates and hydraulic hoses,
Turbo laser need to be mounted correctly and hoses added, body needs armour plating + loads of other bits and piece's to do, Titan stands without base, here are some pic's of my little 32" baby.

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
Do you ever react to post? or are your posts crossblog entries?

the upperbody looks great, the legs are a No, No, i agree with tryanotherone they are to thin, i hope the armour plate are big. also the feet are somewhat flat
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 04:16:33 PM »
Before you post, you should have a look at a Warlord Titan and the width of the legs, the legs of a Warlord Titan are not thick and chunky, and Tryanotherone comments where about the skeleton legs not the up to date ones.
Even the Warlord Titan in the Bell Of Lost souls legs are thiner than this one AND THAT IS A SHOW PIECE TITAN
As for the feet they are not even finished yet,   you should read the whole project before you post

So sorry Guys and Dolls no more post on this project due to comments made, like (Do you ever react to post? or are your posts crossblog entries?) which is out of order.

I have spent many hours on this project and since comments like the above why should I even bother posting the Poject.

Dark :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 05:08:33 PM by Dark Prince »

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 04:27:13 PM »
Look, this titan has thick legs, yours are a bit thin.

the upperbody looks great, the legs are a No, No, i agree with tryanotherone they are to thin, i hope the armour plate are big. also the feet are somewhat flat

Emphasis mine, he was saying that he hoped that you would make the legs a bit more meaty and giving a comment that you could use to improve during development rather than after you had finished.  If you really feel that you need to hide from someone on the internet who made a comment on a public thread to help you, then feel free.

If you do intend to read more comments, then I agree that it needs more meat, and could use some posing, though I don't know how hard that would be to do on your project.

Best of luck,
Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 04:55:45 PM »
I started this post just to show all how it can be done, I don't mind constructive comments but, before the comments are made, they should check facts, Some Warlord titans have been built with square and rectangle legs, but if look at the Epic Warlord Titan which this is based on then you will see Legs are the correct thickness, with out armour plates,
armour is last thing to be added.

Now took at the top of the Leg, Please notice the thickness? Its Thin.

Back Of Leg and yet again Thin

Bell Of Lost Souls Legs Yet again Thin

I hope this put any arguments about the legs to sleep!!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 05:31:34 PM by Dark Prince »

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 06:44:36 PM »
It was just my Opinion no need to be angry about it, and see according the picture the hipjoints are almost as big as his head, so also the width of the legs should just slightly less than the width of his head.

But still great job, don't get me wrong
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Tethesis

• Dreamers come and go, but the dream's forever
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 06:54:38 PM »
I think your legs are sexy ::)

xD

Eldar fight dirty! d(ºwº)b

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »
Wait, so someone mentioning that they think the legs look too thin isn't constructive?  Sorry, but that's overly touchy.

Heaven forbid someone actually says something harsh.

As for us checking facts...we are.  If anything those pictures simply prove that the legs are too thin for the torso.  And the torso looks good, don't get me wrong, but the legs need to be bulked out more.  And slightly lengthened.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline TheBigBadPanda

• For the Dark Gods!
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 03:55:11 AM »
Please dont stop posting progress on the titan, im anxious to see how it all turns out :P
If all else fails, hit it with a hammer.

Offline Anzerwolf

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 06:49:20 AM »
What can I say, this guy is working hard to build some thing that we can only dream of, YOU SHOULD NOT BE A CRITIC (unless you can do any better?), just enjoy the Project Blog and I am sure that this Titan will end up brill!

Very good work so far, keep it up

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 06:55:33 AM »
What can I say, this guy is working hard to build some thing that we can only dream of, YOU SHOULD NOT BE A CRITIC (unless you can do any better?), just enjoy the Project Blog and I am sure that this Titan will end up brill!

Very good work so far, keep it up
The best constructive criticism can come from even the most inexperienced.

And welcome to the site.

Offline Anzerwolf

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 09:22:39 AM »
I think why he got a little peed is because of the comment ( Do you ever react to post? or are your posts crossblog entries?) especially the first part, since if you have read the whole blog, he does give people their answers.

but now we are ruining this blog with all our post

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 05:18:38 PM »
All comments have been noted,  I forgot to all the main pipe work down the middle of the leg, now she looks thicker, s for the main hip joint mine are 10mm smaller than the scale, best i could do.

I have added dampeners to 4 toes on the foot, see what you think.