News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Blood Angels Sergeants and Sanquinary Priests - PF vs PW?  (Read 566 times)

Offline Amaya

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Blood Angels Sergeants and Sanquinary Priests - PF vs PW?
« on: September 2, 2010, 03:42:16 PM »
Right now I run a Priest with each of my assault squads.  I've been giving the Priest the PF because of his higher WS and giving the PW Sergeant?  Is this the best option or should I drop the PW off the Sergeant?

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
Re: Blood Angels Sergeants and Sanquinary Priests - PF vs PW?
« Reply #1 on: September 2, 2010, 04:39:59 PM »
Well the Priest is an IC, so attacking means getting into B2B, the Fist means striking last, that means your near 100pt 1 wound model is an easy target...

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2010, 05:41:22 PM »
If you plan on stupidly running your priests into combat, then a PW is the best option. A fist means attacking last and since your IC is in base-base contact he can be singled out.

I have been running my priests vanilla, or with a ranged weapon and keeping them in the back of the assault so he doesn't get into combat. He is just there to provide the bubble.

My Sgts get Fists in every squad unless they are with an HQ who hits hard enough.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2010, 05:42:24 PM by Partninja »

Offline slinky1984

• Gimme all your honey!
    • Willamette Valley Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: September 4, 2010, 05:58:59 PM »
Well I've been fortunate that my priest seems to be the last one standing despite being an IC with only 1 wound and I think it has more to do with the fact that I don't assault what I know I can't beat and I give him the PW so he can strike first. Striking first has been the biggest advantage for me. Combine the priest with a libby or chaplain and the assault is down right brutal.
Please allow me to adjust my pants... So that I may dance the good time dance