News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Need a little help with a list with a difference.  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
  • I have a cultist! Go my minion and do my bidding!
    • Unite All Action My Hobby On The Internet
Need a little help with a list with a difference.
« on: November 3, 2013, 05:57:39 AM »
So hopefully I am going to go to a fun 40k tournament with the difference, at the end of this month with a few exceptions in regards to what you can take.

Normal force organization 1850pts however you can choose any single HQ from any warhammer 40k codex as one of your primary HQ.

So this got me thinking is there any HQ combos that you guys would recommend that may help on the day?
To see more check out my blog

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Need a little help with a list with a difference.
« Reply #1 on: November 3, 2013, 08:26:47 AM »
Does the primary HQ act in the same way as allies i.e. battle brothers, allies of convenience, come the apocalypse? If not, and is considered part of the army, I would love to play either an Eldar Farseer in a Battlewagon or SpiritSeer in a 30 boy mob or Nob mob. The buffing possibilities would be insane, the only downside is that it would double your playing time with all the rerolls.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #2 on: November 3, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
There's a Dark Angel Character that, amidst typical SM goodness, provides a 4+ invul to a unit he joins. A Mob o'30 boys, with a Nob and as many attached characters as you can swing with Klaws or Burnas... Lots of choppy goodness.

Hmm... an IG Primaris Psyker is a lv1 Psyker that has a useful shooting power out of the Codex, or access to 2 rolls on the rulebook powers, other than Divination. He's pretty cheap compared to most other Psykers. He's got a force weapon...

Mephiston, from the Blood Angels, costs as much as a Land Raider, but is basically a high-end Monstrous creature with psychic powers and a built-in option for a "jump pack".

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: November 7, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
Take Kossorro Khan from the new SM book, he gives his "detachment" the scout rule. You could have a BW full of tank bustas led by him come in from the side and take out lots of stuff in the backfield.  8)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak