News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 3000 pt apocalypse list for review....  (Read 1596 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
3000 pt apocalypse list for review....
« on: October 27, 2013, 01:32:48 PM »
So I am bringing the orks for a huge apocalypse battle at my LGS.  I don't have the latest and greatest apocalypse rules so some of my stuff might be a bit outdated but i updated army builder so hopefully not too bad.   The big game is on 11/9, so any help would be appreciated.  The biggest problem I have run into is the fact that it is only 3000 pts which is making me try to rethink my warlord...  to maybe a mega armored warboss with the ard boyz.. but here is the list as it stands... let me know what u you think.....

Warlord
Warboss on bike, cybork, PK                                                                                                          135

Stompa
-w/ 20 slugga boyz, nob w/ PK and EA and 2x BS                                                                          770

Flakka Trax
Flakka Trax

Dread Mob                                                                                                                                 590
-3x dreads w/BS and skorcha, 3 x kans w rokkits, 3x kans w/ grotzookas

Big squiggoth  w/kannon                                                                                                           220
-10x lootas

Battlewagon w/ Deff rolla, BS, plank                                                                                          290
-20x shoota boyz, 2x BS, nob w/ EA and PK

Defense line w/ quad gun                                                                                                          140
-10x gretchin w/ Runtherd

12x shoota boyz, 1xBS, in trukk w ram                                                                                       117

Battlewagon w/ Deff rolla, 1xBS, planks                                                                                      340
-19x ard boyz, 1x BS, nob w/ PK
-big mek w/ KFF

Mega Dread w/ kannon and klaw                                                                                                XXX

total 2997.

I kind of want the boss for wrecking stuff like a green torpedo, however, he might be too easy of a KP and if that is the case i would rather use a mega armored warboss and put him with the ard boyz.   

Opinions?

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: 3000 pt apocalypse list for review....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 09:11:59 AM »
I love the Biker boss for wrecking... everything  ;D but if he's traveling on his own he does become susceptible to dying before krumping. What are you playing against and will they be bring many large apoc blasts or destroyer weaponry? If not then he might be OK staying out of sight behind your vehicles until its the time to strike.

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
I like the list, very krumpy...but, have you ever considered adding MadDok Grotsnik?  I haven't played an Apoc game w/o him for years...Just a thought...5pts per ork/grot model and they can have a cybork body and an 5+ Inv save.  Add him to your 'ard boyz or other S/C troops and they are suddenly very insane and well worth the investment.  My two teef....
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 08:05:19 PM »
@WisdomLS...  there will be a lot of everything.  There is no restrictions (aside from points) I think there are atleast 10 people playing so anything goes.    have not been to my LGS playing 40k in awhile to be able to say what is there.  I liked the biker boss because he can put the hurt down on most vehicles.  I like him better with nob bikers but their points are a bit too much and I wanted to try to get as many units as I could because a nice large template with high str could do some damage to that squad.  Trying to go quantity over quality.   

@Ork E Nuff...   Yes I almost always field Mad Dok with my ard boyz,  It is still an option just not really sure of the official ruling on having him in a vehicle.   Last time he was fielded with the ard boyz they just ran up the battlefield and pretty much got blasted away by all the light arms fire.   I am not going to rule him out totally.  Just dunno if a warboss with mega armor might be the better choice if put inside the battlewagon.

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 12:17:43 PM »
According to the FAQ from GW, the "good dr" can start in a vehicle as long as it goes towards the enemy and, if in charge range, allows for him to disembark and charge. 
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
Ok, from an Apoc players point of view rather than an Ork players point of view...

Don’t worry about the Warlord giving away a KP, there are no KPs... The only time his death could be an issue is if he is also your teams Warmaster or if he gets nailed while calling his Finest Hour ability. However you may want to look for a slightly more survivable option to give him a chance to call his Finest Hour and issue an All Out Attack order which is always a handy thing for Orks.

If you’ve got a 3rd Battle Wagon with a Deff rolla I’d take a look at the Battle Wagon formation, the save and Attack Pattern options would more than make up for the flexibility you lose from being in a Squadron.  Finding the points would be tight but I’d start by kicking the Big Mek as the KFF tends to just be a big sign screaming “D-weapon me!”

You mentioned maybe not having the most up to date version of the rules for some units and at a quick glance the Big Squiggoth stands out as being one of those units. It would be well worth a look at the current rules that are in IA: Apocalypse (2013 edition)  :)

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 05:01:28 PM »
@khaine..  not sure about which other option to take though I doubt I would want him as our teams warmaster.   I just wanted him as a torpedo to engage larger land vehicles and maybe do a bit of damage.  I have some other HQ options for sure...  Mad Dok and mega armored warboss or tharaka.  Being options as well.   

Don't have a 3rd battlewagon built as I was going to make a kustom one for the 3rd.  I got most of the parts however I don't have the time to build it. 

Definately don't have the most up to date rules as I have not played an apocalypse game in quite some time.   I might have to browse someone's copy of IA apocalypse at my LGS.  There are several people who are pretty up to date.   I just don't play enough apocalypse to really catch up on the purchases I would need.