News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Unit of the Month: MANZ  (Read 3741 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Unit of the Month: MANZ
« on: June 5, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »
So our next UotM is the old favorite, MANZ.  These guys have seen some ups and downs through the last codex.  In 5th they were... not so good, but still fun.  In 6th, they have seen some resurgence, with their mega armored save and abundance of power klaws. 

Tell us what you think of the MANZ...  Have an interesting story to tell about them?  Show us your MANZ!  How do you use them?

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: Unit of the Month: MANZ
« Reply #1 on: June 6, 2013, 08:09:02 AM »
I love my MANZ!

Great looking if expensive models, I assembled a squad of 6 over time by watching ebay like a hawk.
They're one of the few units in my horde that I've finished painting, I like running them straight at the enemy in a wagon, often with Ghaz or a MAWB. The opponent often throws so much fire into stopping them that they don't notice that the rest of the boyz are then in their face  ;D

Offline Colonel Twisting Shadow

• Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I was told to get a life; so I bought more figs...
  • Armies: What don't I play?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 02:19:35 AM »
I've always wanted to bring a few of these buggers, but I don't really know where to start with the unit.  The look good stock, but the only time I see them in lists around here is either 3MANZ/B.wagon (because someones out of heavies).  I figured a unit of 4/5 with kombi-Burnas would be aight, but I'm (sadly) lacking the figs.

What's sad is that I didn't get the acronym until I loaded this thread.  I mean, I know what MANZ are, but for some reason my thought process was "MANZ?  not Boyz?  what the...*click*....oh...OH! *Facepalm*"
Hey! I know!  Let's focus on building army lists, instead of silly custom titles and command structures, yeah?

From the days of the doctorines.
RIP-Goyder, Koonitz, and Jenkins.  Honour them.

Armies:
ORDER: Elysians 2k5, Armored battlegroup 2k5, Infantry Guard 2k, Dark Angles 4k5, Grey Knights 2k
DISORDER: Chaos 3k, Daemons 2k Dark Eldar 2k5, Nids 2k, Orks 2k5
I'm both proud and ashamed of those numbers...

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 02:47:25 AM »

My 5 MANz were my MVPs in a game against my buddy's Chaos. With the MegaBoss, they tanked and krumped their way through 10 CSMs, 10 Berserkers, 5 Chosen and a Predator basically all by themselves. Of course, the MegaBoss took all the credit, but they didn't mind too much as they got plenty of spiky humies to krump.
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »
Great replies guys...  Keep them coming...  My MANZ were my first nobz...  I liked the models and got a couple of them.  I always put six of them in a battle wagon with a Mega boss...  It makes a pretty gnarly unit for not a lot of points.  Typically I drive them right at the biggest concentration of bad guys (or good guys! lol) and let them go to town.  They normally die, but not before taking a bunch of guys out!

Here they are, in all their glory!

Adam
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:10:39 PM by adamscurr »

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 02:02:04 PM »
Seeing all your pictures my boyz wanted in on the action.

Da Boss is still on the painting bench :-\

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »
Nice looking MANZ everyone...

Cheesy, one of your has a kustom klaw...  Where did that come from...

So, to add to the fun, I thought I'd share a story about an experience with my MANZ...  I was going up against an imperial guard army, right when their codex just came out.  This fellow brought an infantry/tank list.  In proper ork form, I drove straight for him as fast as I could, right at a squadron of leman russ tanks and a blob of guardsmen...  I remember him saying something about the blob never breaking and holding my manz up the rest of the game, ect...  It did take them a few rounds, but the manz with the warboss cut through the blob eventually to assault the russ's on the last turn and take his objective... Being scoring!  Win for the MANZ, who were indeed painted red after klawing through the blob! lol

Of course, then their was this one time that the MANZ were going to assault a Avatar of Khaine...  Unfortunately he was fortuned and the didn't manage to do enough wounds, lost combat, and got run down.  To top it off, then the thing used it's melta breath or whatever to blow my wagon on my opponent's turn...  Oh well, win some, loose some! lol

Adam

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 12:40:58 PM »
  Oh well, win some, loose some! lol

Adam

Hey, did you forget? Orks never lose  ;)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 01:12:52 PM »
Cheesy, one of your has a kustom klaw...  Where did that come from...

I got them second hand from eBay, and that one had been konverted with a hand from the old metal Wraithlord kit. Obviously in a previous life he was a Loota  :D   that's also the reason why one of them is missing an iron gob.

Ps, is the one standing on the box a MegaBoss?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:19:10 PM by CheesyRobMan »
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian