News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 point ork list  (Read 2783 times)

Offline Kogtoof

• Mek Boy
  • WotW-Ork Elite: Mekboy with Big shoota
  • Armies: Da Orkz
1500 point ork list
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »
i made a 1500 point list for a tournment that takes place in about a month.

Warboss- Mega armor, cybork body, attack squig
Big Mek- Shokk attack gun, cybork body, bosspole, 'eavy armor

Lootas*- 15 lootas

Boyz- 20 boyz, nob with BC, Bosspole
Boyz- 20 boyz, nob with Big choppa, Bosspole

Dakkajet- 3x Supa shootas
Dakkajet- 3x supa shootas

Battlewagon*- no upgrades
Killa kanz- 3 kanz with grotzookas

*Lootas will ride in the BW for extra protection

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: 1500 point ork list
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 07:43:22 AM »
I think your list is going to put some hurt'n on people...  That's a lot of boyz moving across the board.  The lootas are going to bag a vehical every round and are going to be tough to hurt in the battle wagon, specially if you can give it some cover with terrain...  The twin dakka jets are going to be a headache for most lists and you are going to be great at thinning infantry and blowing vehicals...  I think the kanz are a nice edition, giving you more firepower and some klaw in combat since your nobs don't have pk's...  I've been runnig three kanz like that and they are great...  Mostly ignored until they start loosing the grotzookas!  And by then, normally the next round they are carving things up with the klaws...

Are you boyz shoota or slugga?  I'd think shoota boyz would work a lot better in this list...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Kogtoof

• Mek Boy
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »
ordinarily I'd say they are slugga boyz however recent playtesting has shown me how awesome shoota boyz have become.

Offline edamame

• <3
  • Armies: Eldar & Greenskins
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »
Is your Warboss riding in your BW as well? Otherwise he'll be slowing down whichever squad he attaches himself to. If he is riding in the BW, you might as well grab a ton of Big Shoota upgrades on the wagon.

Also, I'm usually inclined towards 30-man squads whenever footslogging. In my experience, 20-man Boyz squads can get whittled down way too quickly. Especially after overwatch, you may find yourself with insufficient numbers to overwhelm anything in combat. I would advise merging one of those 20-man squads so you have squads of 30, 30, and 20.

Offline Kogtoof

• Mek Boy
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 04:10:44 PM »
Is your Warboss riding in your BW as well? Otherwise he'll be slowing down whichever squad he attaches himself to. If he is riding in the BW, you might as well grab a ton of Big Shoota upgrades on the wagon.

Also, I'm usually inclined towards 30-man squads whenever footslogging. In my experience, 20-man Boyz squads can get whittled down way too quickly. Especially after overwatch, you may find yourself with insufficient numbers to overwhelm anything in combat. I would advise merging one of those 20-man squads so you have squads of 30, 30, and 20.

no the warboss isnt riding in a BW, the warboss might be attached to the squad or he might just go it alone to soak up some incoming fire, I havent decided yet.

Also 30 man boyz squads are good but we mostly play with objective missions and I tried to split the squads up so they can be more versitile at the expense of firepower and duribility, also it helps with my plan of target saturation so they have to split their fire to take out more models rather then having less targedts to focus fire on. I will consider chaning this though, Maybe take something out and add another 10 boyz to make 3 squads of 30. I havent decided yet.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 04:21:44 PM »
The problem with three squads of 30 is that then one will have to stay back to hold an objective and you've sunk a whole lot of points in a squad that is probably not going to do much... 

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline edamame

• <3
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 08:34:18 PM »
The problem with three squads of 30 is that then one will have to stay back to hold an objective and you've sunk a whole lot of points in a squad that is probably not going to do much... 

While that's true, having a 20-man squad with Nob/BC staying back isn't all that much better. Either way, I'm not suggesting having 30 Boyz sitting back. I just meant running a 30/30/20 instead of a 20/20/20/20. The 20-man squads going into the thick of combat just seem a tad too vulnerable IMO. Also, placing objectives in the midfield can help mitigate the need for an objective babysitter. I suppose it's all just a matter of preference though.

As for the Warboss, it may be beneficial to give him a bike if you're not sticking him in a transport. It could easily take him 3-4 turns just to get to enemy lines on foot with S&P :-\
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:48:06 PM by edamame »

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 01:06:27 AM »
As for the Warboss, it may be beneficial to give him a bike if you're not sticking him in a transport. It could easily take him 3-4 turns just to get to enemy lines on foot with S&P :-\
Not really, have another look at Slow and Purposeful in 6th edition - you might be pleasantly surprised ;)
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline edamame

• <3
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 08:44:22 AM »
Not really, have another look at Slow and Purposeful in 6th edition - you might be pleasantly surprised ;)

Actually, S&P has gotten slower in this edition. It used to be ~2D6 (~D6 move & D6 run) and an average of >7". In 6th, it's now just 6" move and no running. Assuming a static enemy is deployed as close as possible at 24", that's a minimum of 3 turns before you can engage.  Not saying that's a terrible situation, but footslogging S&P is a hindrance.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:47:46 AM by edamame »

Offline Kogtoof

• Mek Boy
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
Unfortunatly changing the warboss is not an option, this tournament is the culmination of a four month campaign and the warlords need to stay the way they are since the beginning of the campaign.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 12:46:03 PM »
Take your four squads of 20 and make them four squads of 12 with a truck. Use the extra points to put four rockit launchas on the BW.

However, I know some people out there are not into the KOS (I don't understand it, but I know it), and so if you choose to remain a green tide army then at least add a KFF mek to give one or two of those squads a cover save until they can get in close and personal.  ;)

Another idea is split your loota squad into two squads and put them into looted wagons with no upgrades (cheeper than the BW) and while it adds more KP to your army it will make them harder to shift if a few get taken out.

Good luck at the tourney, and let us know how you do. Go forth an krump  8)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Kogtoof

• Mek Boy
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 10:47:33 PM »
Take your four squads of 20 and make them four squads of 12 with a truck. Use the extra points to put four rockit launchas on the BW.

However, I know some people out there are not into the KOS (I don't understand it, but I know it), and so if you choose to remain a green tide army then at least add a KFF mek to give one or two of those squads a cover save until they can get in close and personal.  ;)

Another idea is split your loota squad into two squads and put them into looted wagons with no upgrades (cheeper than the BW) and while it adds more KP to your army it will make them harder to shift if a few get taken out.

Good luck at the tourney, and let us know how you do. Go forth an krump  8)

Im more of a Goff than a Speed Freak but I think i will take the idea of splitting the lootas, i mostly kept them together to make them more surivivable.